PF.com Fantasy Baseball 2008

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by BillLaimbeer, Feb 18, 2008.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I think my guys woke up a bit too late. Oh well, this will be good learning experience for me.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I dunno. He doesn't look or sound like a Cannuckian to me.

[​IMG]
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm part German. Plus, Manfred is a serious name. No one messes with a Manfred.

4. Darth Tater

Your name could be Genghis Khan or Atilla the Hun and I would STILL mess with you, irregardless. :pound:
  5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

texiera finally woke up for you though, eh?
  6. Darth Tater

Yeah, I was very happy to see the 3 homers yesterday. I already had that category firmly in hand by Sunday though. I wish he would have hit them today.

Utley is the guy I need to wake up. Last week was the worst slump of his career. He'll be fine though. Anyhow, he's my favorite player so I've got faith.

Marmol got bombed on your end, but he's Mr. reliable. You'll love his consistency. I don't know why the Cubbies don't make him their main reliever. If so, his value skyrockets.

Berkman and Kendrick also had nice batting averages and lots of hits last week. I could have used those big time! :yellowprison: Berkman is on the verge of having one of the greatest fantasy seasons ever. It hurt to let him go. I wouldn't have done it for anyone but Utley.
  7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

i need to find some weekend players... this is the 3rd time i wake up sat morning and have atleast a 6-3 lead and monday morn see i have lost the week... blah.... lol
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Alright people, I don't have a son in this league that can use his high waiver priority to pickup a recently dropped player and then trade him to me to fill a hole (:pound::pound::pound::pound:), so I'm looking to make a trade.

I'm looking to improve my pitching stats (of course it doesn't help that I have 3 pitchers on the DL). Specifically, I'm looking to improve my Wins, Ks, ERA and WHIP.

My closer Brian Wilson is on the trading block. I don't really want to mess with my position players too much, but I'd be willing to move Carlos Gomez, David Murphy, Casey Kotchman, Alfonso Soriano or Eric Byrnes (the last 2 are currently on the DL) in a deal to get better in the above mentioned pitching categories.

Hit me up if you're interested in making a deal.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I offer up two of the best pitchers in baseball (Webb, Haren) for just one of your players and you reject me? Do you really want to deal? :stirthepot:
  10. jammertime

I said that I didn't really want to shake up my position players and you asked me for my best one!

Not that the trade offer was horrible. I did consider it for a minute, but I just don't want to mess with my lineup. It's been really good to me so far.
  11. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

You're lucky my guys are tanking this week. :) Come to think of it, they've been tanking every week.
  12. jammertime

We're actually very close on most of the categories. Of course I have 5 guys on the DL right now, but hey, that isn't your fault. :stirthepot:
  13. Darth Tater

I just want to say

YOU GUYS totally SUCK!!!!

I most likely won't win this week. So that will make 5 consecutive weeks I have either tied or lost close matches. I'm in a major slump. :cold:
    How the hell am I still in first place? (That could change after today...but I'm just sayin').

Doggone it, I was doing better when I was plagued with injuries.

I could do this and beat you losers with my eyes closed. I probably should...I couldn't do any worse than I actually am! :pound:

I love my team, though. Lots of Phillies and stocked with my favorite guys.

Roscoe is super consistent....that's almost an oxymoron. Jammer will be even tougher when he gets healthy. Bill has made some great pickups (for him and his kid...and for him FROM his kid):MusicBigGrin:. Whichever team gets the sixth spot (four teams are currently battling for it) will not be easy by any means. This thing is totally up for grabs. Lotsa fun!

Only 8 weeks to go after today. Time is flying as we enter the stretch. Hang on to your hats...

Well, at this rate, I'll make the playoffs without a problem but I can look forward to a first round exit.:sssh:

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This could be fun with only a 3-day week. Good luck setting your starting pitchers everyone!!
  15. Darth Tater

It's been very quiet in here. One week plus ONE day to go in the regular season. That day (today) is big because in this league the whole week can (and often does go topsy turvy on the last day of the week).

I doubt it matters if you get a bye which one you get because any of these teams in the playoffs can beat anyone. It's crazy close. That's why a bye is big. You don't want to play week one if you don't absolutely have to.

So what can we look forward to? A few teams will clinch this week. Nobody has clinched yet.

Playoff contenders most likely...

Darth's Phillies...Pretty much led the league from start to finish despite a nine week or so non-winning streak (if you don't count a big win in the all star shortened week). The real Phillies were slumping and therefore so was I. Luckily most of my matches were close. I'll be in the playoffs, and I've got a good shot at one of the byes. My pitching has kept me alive.

Jammer...No pitching but real good hitting. Been at the top all year. Pretty consistent. 1st place? It looked bad early in the week for Jammer, but he's taken the lead on Lambs kid.

Laimbeer...League champ? Will he get the bye? Will he take first place from Darth next week. Great pitching and flavor of the week hitting makes him streaky but very dangerous. Working that waiver wire tough. Good job.

Lambs kid...Dangerous but streaky...but aren't we all. I think Dad is helping. Outside chance at a bye...looked like he was going to get one early in the week.

Roscoe...So consistent early. Not good lately. Will he make the playoffs? Gonna be close.

Round...The rookie started slow but is looking good for a playoff spot. But having a tough week. He needs to tighten it up today. Great first year.

Gazoo...Wow..the green guy is HOT! He came out of nowhere and is a strong threat for one of the last two spots. Nice comeback.

One of these teams will miss the championship round.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Consolation round most likely

Bezeach...Has struggled all year, but keeps trying.

Wart...Made a huge trade with Darth but no other waiver moves all year. Looks good some weeks, but the slow start killed him.

Mikhail...Good job sticking with it but better luck next year.

Great job by everyone. Nobody quit setting their lineup or making moves and the good sportsmanship is much appreciated by everyone...

The playoffs will be nuts. I have no clue which team comes out on top.
  16. ggazoo69

There has been a lot of parity this season. I'll actually be paying attention to my players today. I need a BIG victory this week.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

My team sucks. They are all fired.
  18. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

or go with the Joe Dumars option of 2008...:)
  19. Darth Tater

OK. Someone explain Cannuckian logic to me.

Jammer has 21 guys on his sorry baseball team.

2 play for the Toronto Blue Jays.

7 of 21 play for the Chicago Cubs. That is one third (I am thinking Roscoe can't do the math)

WHY THE HECK IS Jammer's TEAM NAMED

"JAMMER'S JAYS" ??????????????????????????????
  20. ggazoo69

Uh, you're killing me this week and it looks like I'll be on the outside looking in AGAIN for the playoffs.