PF.com Basketball Keeper League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by webz, Oct 2, 2009.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Ha! :)
  2. MotownPride

Thank you, kindly.
  3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We are currently looking into both the inactive owners and the prospect of adding new owners for next season. Will advise soon.
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

It would be cool if we could get some hot chicks involved in this thing.
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  5. MotownPride

Can't you say that for just about anything in life? :)
  6. BallDon'tLie

In all seriousness, If Mo & CJ are our two replacement candidates, I'm totally on-board!
    These guys would make our league better.

I hate playing against teams that haven't updated their lineups since the 2nd week in November.
    I see that the Sabertooths have focused all of their efforts on winning the turnover category again this week.

What's funny is that the Tooths started Ellyasova at the beginning of the year.
    Ersan went through about a 30 game stretch of being in Scott Skiles' doghouse.
    With Skiles gone, Elly is now bringing it again and he's still holding down the Forward spot in the Tooths' lineup.
    ...a broken clock is correct twice a day!
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's called patience.
    linwood likes this.
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If the league were to expand I wonder if we might think about shrinking the bench size. I think they're too big now and it might open some some more fun free agent shenanigans.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps daily lineup change makes sense. Right now, the bench is pretty useless.
  10. BallDon'tLie

A big bench in a Keeper league makes sense.
    Roscoe drafting Andre Drummond is a perfect example of this.
    It gives you a little room to draft guys with a long-term strategy in mind.
  11. BallDon'tLie

@ Webz
    In the spirit of NBA deadline day, I sent you a trade offer.

I think that this might be an opportunity to enhance the chances of BOTH of us to execute the all-important task of defeating the evil Cogs.

Not to mention, this deal would give you the Young Keeper that you lack.
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe, but long term guy would have to prove out pretty fast to make keeper status. Or maybe expand the number of keepers by one or two.

P.S. Mostly thinking out loud here.
  13. webz

I'll check it out!

Good thoughts - this has been brought up a few times. The worry is if there are too many keepers there is not enough turnover each season and stagnation and disinterest develops. Originally there were 3 keepers and the young keeper (4th keeper) was introduced after a few years to help with player development and interest.
  14. BallDon'tLie

I like the league/rosters the way it is.
  15. webz

Just responded to your offer. I could not part with Pekovic sorry. I don't trust having Bynum active for the playoffs so I'm going to need Nicole.
  16. webz

Winless has found the keys to his truck and driven down to the docks and boarded his ship. :captain:

Max has decided to relinquish his team and will be replaced by CJ. Thanks to Max for being part of the league and welcome to CJ.

Motown, you'll be first in line should another spot open up. At this stage we don't have enough wannabe owners for the league to expand. :hat:
    coynejeremy likes this.
  17. BallDon'tLie

Orbit City Finds Blind Squirrels’ Nuts!
    Denver’s last chance for regular season victory over Cogs isn’t seen by fans.

Denver, CO; With the crowd silenced by 18 assists from Jose Calderon and a triple-double from Kevin Durant, Squirrels Head Coach Rufus Henry could easily be heard yelling; “Metta Wurl PLEEEEASE!” as Denver forward Metta World Peace loudly passed-gas during a timeout huddle in the 4th quarter last night. The flatulence was symbolic of the Squirrels’ effort against the league leading Cogs with 'stinking' Denver struggling to shoot above 40% for the contest.

“Ya’ll smell dat!?” Henry asked his team. “Dat ain’t Metta’s stanky ass, dat’s ‘YO GAME mutha(expletives)!”
    Henry then proceeded to beat Chandler Parsons with his clipboard until he was restrained by several assistant coaches.

The adversity is somewhat foreign to the 2nd place Squirrels. With the exception of a week 14 loss to the Auburn Hills Potato Skins when Denver’s water supply was accidently tainted with large quantities of liquid LSD, the Squirrels have been rolling of late. “The ‘acid game’ was an unfortunate event and our training staff has taken the necessary precautions to ensure that ‘game water’ isn’t accidently substituted for ‘post-game water’ ever again” stated Squirrels’ GM BallDon’tLie. “The people responsible have been dealt with and of course we’ve distanced ourselves from DeAndre Jordan for his role in the incident.”

Denver is at it again tonight against Orbit City and hopes to turn things around against the 1st place Cogs.

Squirrels Notebook:
    The “Bring Dirk to Work” event was a huge success and helped raise over $780 for the Longmont Home for Un-Wed Mothers. Arvada’s Neil Preebas won a random drawing in which he was awarded the opportunity to bring Squirrels’ forward Dirk Nowitzki to work with him. Preebas works as a night Maintenance Engineer at the Comfort Dental office on 38th Avenue in in Northwest Denver. “I work at night after everyone has gone home for the day so it’s not like anyone even knew he was there” said Mr. Preebas about his experience. “We smoked a bunch of cigarettes and Dirk pretty much emptied an entire tank of nitrous oxide into his lungs. He seemed to have a pretty good time. He laughed a lot”.

Safety First
    Tonight’s home game against the Cogs is Chainsaw Safety night. Bring your chainsaw to the game as representatives from Home Depot will be on hand to inspect your machine to ensure that it’s in proper working condition for the upcoming spring season. Come on out and help us cut-down the Cogs!

UPDATE: Due to a Vendor supply issue, Squirrels’ Garden Rake Night has been moved to next Tuesday. The first 1,900 fans will receive a free logo rake.
    webz and roscoe36 like this.
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hello ladiesgentlemen. I would say it's nice to be on board but we are losing this week and therefore I cannot appreciate the subtle beauty of life. I have instructed the team that this is the last week that a loss will be considered acceptable. Thereafter I will be passing out one or more pink slips each week until the situation improves. There are no sacred cowsBillLaimbeer is a cowGood times.
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

Have you been drinking? ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    BillLaimbeer and coynejeremy like this.
  20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor