PF.com Basketball Keeper League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by webz, Oct 2, 2009.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'd like to be a NBA sleep coach.
    That's a job that I think I'd be good at.
    linwood likes this.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This is a reminder, there is the Keeper draft this evening, at 8:00 PM EST
  3. roscoe36

So this was my draft strategy

I had Seraphin but the Wizards got bigger with Nene and Okafor. So I picked up Okafor, if he washes out, he is a drop. If Seraphin can't break through, he's a drop. I am not in love with him.

Brandon Bass was a key player on my championship team last year. He's very solid if unremarkable. For a big, he shoots a great % from the FT line (73.5%)

Stuckey is a dual position player, so on weeks when either Lawson or Rondo have a low game count, I can always use him as a frontline starter. He's generally a high FG% guard.

Carlos Boozer is capable of 18/8 most nights, and just what I needed at PF.

Brook Lopez is coming off a bad season, and I think I got him cheap.

Kosta Koufos may be the starting C for Denver. This is tricky because Kenneth Faried is going to eat up a lot of rebounds at PF, and Kousfos could lose the starting position to Javale McGee. I have them both. If Koufos pans out, I expect McGee to be trade bait. If McGee starts, he's a great shot blocker, which will make up for his reduced rebound #s.

Andre Drummond, homer pick. Whoever grabbed him, was probably going to keep him forever if he is any good. I had planned to make him my first pick, but because I was 10th of 10 in a snakedraft, I took him with the first pick of round 2 (second round after Keepers)

Derrick Rose is awesome, if he can recover from his injury. Based on position this was a low risk high upside pick.

Same thing with Brandon Roy and Michael Beasley. If they wash out, they are drops. If they recover any of their form, they are great value picks.

My team as usual will be good based on how I do in FA. This is the first draft where coming off a championship, I felt like I could take some risks, and see if I could buy low and hope for high returns.

Really looking forward to this season. I like ESPN's system so much better than Yahoo, and I like that the guys in this league all play hard and smart. Keeper makes the stakes and interest level higher than in a normal league.

[​IMG]
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good job, Rascoe. Your team will be tough to beat once again. The only guy you mentioned that I was looking at was Rose. I meant to grab him earlier, but for some reason, I was in a fog for the entire draft. The backcourt of Kyrie Irving, Stephen Curry, and Dwayne Wade will be my team's strength. The Potato Skins have a few holes that will need to be addressed via trade or free agency.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  5. roscoe36

Rose was a hedge pick. I don't know how much he will contribute this year, but if Lawson or Rondo go sideways and Rose regains form, I can keep him instead of the player dropping off.

My possible keepers next season look like some combination of LBJ, Drummond, Rondo and Lawson/Lopez.
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

@ roscoe - I had Lopez in a league last year and he was definitely down. Might come back. Maybe...

I too seemed to be in a fog last night. It started badly when I couldn't figure out why my computer kept playing ESPN music and then beeping. Before I figured it out and could click and grab, I had auto-drafted Al Horford. I never really caught up after that. I'm a little afraid today to take a look at my team.
  7. BallDon'tLie

From this morning's Denver Post:

8. BillLaimbeer

If I could press the "Like" button multiple times, I would. The league appreciates the new energy you bring, as well as an easy win every 9th week.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  9. BillLaimbeer

What did Jeff Green do over the 4 hours, 21 minutes that he was a member of the Squirrels franchise to be released so quickly? Did the advanced scouts fail to do all of their research?
    roscoe36 likes this.
  10. BallDon'tLie

5:28 pm (MDT): Jeff Green's agent signs offer sheet he and Green sit down for a meeting with myself, my "crack staff", and coach Rufus.

5:45: Jeff Green's agent and Rufus get in a heated debate over which is better: East Coast vs West Coast 90's rap. The debate becomes physical. Weapons are brandished. Green's Agent backs off his East Coast stance.

6:20: Jeff Green declines a celebratory glass of Night Train upon signing his offer sheet. Rufus laughs at him and proceeds to smash the bottle over Green's head while yelling some incoherent cuss words.

7:25: After things settle down, one of my staffers suggests that we all go get something to eat. I suggest Cheerleaders, a gentlemens club with a good buffet; Green declines claiming that he's a "family man" and says something about being a big fan of Olive Garden.

7:53: We finally stop laughing at Jeff Green's Olive Garden suggestion.

8:58: We finally leave the Squirrels' practice facility after getting sucked into watching an episode of Storage Wars that was playing on a TV in the lobby.

9:17: We sit down to the Cheerleaders buffet and notice that Green and his agent never showed. We all agree that it just wasn't a good fit. We all get lap dances while eating skewers of beef.

9:49: Rufus drunk-dials his secretary and instructs her to "save me some a dat def green". She understands him to say "waive Jeff Green". ...and the rest is history.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Jimmie Harden lit up an otherize hum drum night for the Sorrows. The old mantra goes: play the guy who is going up against the Pistons. He'll have a career night.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  12. Slippy

POIS Commits to Monroe in a Big Way

The hapless franchise with the most depressing name in all of fantasy basketball took a distictive step sideways today as it inked young keeper Greg Monroe to a long term deal as a regular keeper moving forward. "We're going all in with the big fella," said GM Slippy, "despite the lack of a spin move and the troubles against elite centers like Asik, we believe 'Moose' to be a cornerstone of this organization." Indeed. The team also is changing its name and revamping its branding to reflect the commitment to the 3rd year center. "Starting today, we will be known as the Talbot Street Mooseheads. We hope to better connect with the Talbot street community and we hope to streamline costs by consolidating franchise player with halftime mascot." When asked, teammate reaction was mixed. "I like the move. Opens up room for another young keeper on the team," said Bradley 'Greg' Beal who joins the team for its Nov. 5th matchup. "They're making us all wear number 10," said James 'greg' Harden, "and I'm talking to my agent about the nicknames." Giant moose hats will be handed out to the first 100 visitors to home games. Fans are recommended to leave the moose hat at home when the team visits the Denver Squirrels. "In general, do not wear your mascot gear to any game where they have 'free ammo night'" Words to live by.
    linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  13. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I like this league a lot better than Yahoo. You have to have a long term plan. Knowing when to let go of aging stars and picking up new rising ones is key. The first season I was in the basement. The second season I made it to the championship game. Last season I ended up in the basement again. I cut KG lose to soon and the rest of my bigs went down with injuries. It is a challege trying to find the right mix of players and at the same time keeping the right mix of keeper.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  14. BillLaimbeer

Looks like Rascoe (2-7) is sandbagging to start the season to give us all a fair chance. What a guy....
  15. Slippy

I picked up singler. There were better options on the board but I think he's going to be getting more minutes/looks from the pistons. In fantasy hoops, go strong or go homer. I need to deal with the SF spot at some point. Nothing earth shaking.
  16. roscoe36

Stuckey didn't help, and I am waiting to see how my chance picks pan out.
  17. BillLaimbeer

Good pick-up of Larry Sanders. I really wanted to keep him, but I have a couple of rookies (MKG, Austin Rivers) that I want to hold onto for the time being.
  18. roscoe36

You know me, just making some moves. Looks like Brandon Bass has to platoon and come off the bench, so I am not sure he gets enough minutes now to be on my team.
  19. BillLaimbeer

Yea, Bass is a fish out of water if he don't get his minutes.
  20. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

By missing the draft I ended up with all the injured players nobody wanted. I think I'll be scrambling all season, so I'm definitely open to trades.