Penn State - Paterno poll

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Nov 12, 2011.

?

Mob vs Paterno

Poll closed Dec 2, 2011.
  1. Paterno is innocent

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Paterno is guilty, of not protecting Penn Sate, young boys etc.

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

toxic subject
    so let's throw down
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't know.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's 4-0 guilty. Looks like you haven't voted yet, TFD....
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

They're going to get these soft scared heads of Penn State
    --------
    Ex-Penn State head charged in Sandusky sex abuse case
    [​IMG]
    41 min ago By Mark Scolforo of The Associated Press
    New charges were also added against Athletic Director Tim Curley and Vice President Gary Schultz in what Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly calls a ‘conspiracy of silence.’
    HARRISBURG, Pa. - Former Penn State President Graham B. Spanier was charged Thursday with hushing up child sex abuse complaints against Jerry Sandusky, making him the third school official to be accused of crimes in the alleged cover-up.
    Prosecutors also added counts against the two former underlings, Timothy M. Curley and Gary C. Schultz, who were already charged with lying to the grand jury that investigated the former Penn State assistant football coach.
    Spanier was charged with perjury, obstruction, endangering the welfare of children, failure to properly report suspected abuse and conspiracy. Curley and Schultz face new charges of endangering the welfare of children, obstruction and conspiracy.
    "This was not a mistake by these men, this was not an oversight," said state Attorney General Linda Kelly. "It was not misjudgment on their part. This was a conspiracy of silence by top officials to actively conceal the truth."
    Curley and Schultz have repeatedly asserted they are innocent, and Spanier's attorneys have insisted he was never told there was anything of a sexual nature involving Sandusky and children. Messages left for their respective attorneys Thursday were not immediately returned.
    "All three of these men knowingly testified falsely and failed to provide important information and evidence," Kelly said.
    The charges were filed with a suburban Harrisburg district judge, who said the defendants were expected in his courtroom no earlier than Friday.
    Sandusky, who spent decades on the Penn State staff and was defensive coordinator during two national championship seasons, was convicted in June of sexually abusing 10 boys over 15 years. He has maintained he is innocent and was transferred to a maximum security prison on Wednesday, where he is serving a 30- to 60-year sentence.
    Curley, 58, the athletic director on leave while he serves out the last year of his contract, and Schultz, 63, who has retired as vice president for business and finance, were charged a year ago with lying to the grand jury and with failing to properly report suspect child abuse. Their trial is set for early January in Harrisburg.
    Spanier, 64, of State College, had been university president for 16 years when he was forced out after Sandusky's November 2011 arrest.
    Prosecutors said Spanier, Curley and Schultz knew of complaints involving Sandusky showering with boys in 1998 and 2001.
    "They essentially turned a blind eye to the serial predatory acts committed by Jerry Sandusky," Kelly said.
    The grand jury report included with the charges said "the actual harm realized by this wanton failure is staggering," and listed each instance of abuse that happened after 1998.
    "The continued cover-up of this incident and the ongoing failure to report placed every minor child who would come into contact with Sandusky in the future in grave jeopardy of being abused," jurors wrote.
    Spanier has said he had no memory of email traffic concerning the 1998 complaint _ which came from a woman who said that Sandusky had showered with her son _ and only slight recollections about the 2001 complaint by a team assistant who said he stumbled onto Sandusky sexually abusing a boy inside a campus shower.
    The grand jury report indicates Curley, Schultz and Spanier told the university's lawyer they had no documents that addressed inappropri

We may never know Paterno's position on this but we can admit it wasn't strong enough
    to protect the state from Sandusky.
    But the big heads may finally roll !!!
  5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

We really havn't gotten into the topic here, have followed it on another forum I read though. All I have to say is that no matter who is guilty or innocent PSU has a culture that is unmatched by any school I have ever witnessed. They really make me wonder about where humanity is heading... they seem more concerned with getting there wins back then worry about what might have been to who knows how many kids.

I hope the whole truth comes out and that leads to what it leads to... Just disgusted by the whole mess.
  6. max

max All-Star

I am glad they are cracking down on those guys. A paid leave of absence while their million dollar contracts ran out did not seem like much of a punishment.
    Darth Tater likes this.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Sort of like when a cop beats up some innocent person on video, and they put the cop on administrative leave, which is basically paid vacation.
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Did TFD vote "Innocent" on this poll?
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Depends. Is he a Democrat? ;)
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Round there was a sister thread to this poll.
    All through out this mess I kept hearing "horseplay in the shower", What McQuery saw and heard was not horseplay !
    Whomever started using that term minimized the accusations.
  11. max

max All-Star

With the explosion of smart phones its like everyone is walking around with a personal video cam. Wonder if they think about that?

On the poll. He saw a crime and reported it to his boss rather than the authorities - that's what happened? . How is this different from say witnessing a murder in the locker room and not calling the police immediately.
  12. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Glad to see Linda Kelly is kicking up some dirt in Pennsylvania.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Max, McQuery has never been off the hook.
  14. max

max All-Star

I am having second thoughts about the Football Program being punished. Seems like it should be criminal investigations on a personal level for those involved rather than putting the whole school on trial. Once the season started just something about it did not seem right it, the current students/players are paying for it. Yes, take Paterno's wins away but a 4 year punishment for the current program? I don't know.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Maybe they thought the players were in on it too !!!?