Our division as of 7/11

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

This sort of thing drives me crazy. Irving has to be the most overrated player of his generation. I can't for the life of me understand why everybody in the sports media has such a man-crush on Irving.
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I gots some respect for K-I's game.
    I'm open to hearing your case for why he ain't 'all-that' though...

He plays for a division rival so I really want to hate him.
  3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The only thing possibly stopping Kyrie from becoming a superstar is injuries. He's one of the most talented guys in the league.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  4. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

Kyrie = beast! Hell, I think dude is slightly underated if you ask me (which no one did). He has the potential to surpass Rose in my humble opinion if he continues to develop and stays healthy.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not saying he's a bad player. But he's really a scorer. His assist/TOV ratio (1.78) is only marginally better than Knight. His ORTG and DRTG is almost identical to Knight.

He is essentially a high scoring version of Brandon Knight. He's being treated as if he's Chris Paul, Stephen Curry, Magic Johnson all rolled into one, with a bit of Michael Jordan sprinkled on top.
    linwood likes this.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm not sure what an ORTG or a DRTG is.
    ...I know what an AOTG is though and admittedly, Irving could probably stand to work on those.
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

Adjusted Offensive Rating and Defensive Rating. It's a pretty obscure stat compared to the AOTG.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You really have to be careful when you compare an offensive rating or defensive rating with players on different teams. It's semi useful to compare players on the same team, and especially guys that play in the same unit.

However, ORat seems to be less reliable than DRat IMO. For instance, Tyson Chandler leads the league in ORat with a 133.0. Kosta Koufos is 6th with a 122.0. It REALLY likes offensive rebounds and that is how big men who don't score a lot rise to the top of the list. Maybe that is valid, but it doesn't feel as accurate as the DRat, which pretty much ranks guys as you'd expect.

I do expect our team's defensive stats in aggregate to be much improved this year. If not, this path needs to be reconsidered.
    Walter likes this.