1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

[Ouch] Hawks writer explains why S&Ts are good

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Aug 14, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

First, I like Sekou Smith. One of the few "other team" beat writers I read and frequently come away impressed with.

*LINK*

Excerpt:

2. linwood

linwood All-Star

60 million dollars and a draft pick, eh? Going to be hard for Ski to blame this one on Zeke.

3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Ski will find a way...Zeke is responsible for all the wars in the world...just ask Mel Gibson

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If JD could have done a S&T with BBeen, who would he have targeted?
    He would have to know who was interested in BBeen, and what was available in trade. It might take a 3 way deal, why bother?

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

LOL! That one truly cracked me up. We've been joking about Mel all week at work!

6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

In Ski's world Zeke was Saddam Hussein.. and Harrington was Bin Laden...
    Well Bin Laden has been located back in Indianapolis... should be interesting to see Ski's spin on this one.

8. roscoe36

I'm going to get ski from the Pacers boards. :) His nick here is "Shine".

9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I agree Merc, with Harrington, O`Neal, and the like they should give Miami and Detroit a run for the money.

I am no Pacer fan but if they can be free of injuries they will make some noise.

10. linwood

linwood All-Star

Parity returns in the East. I seriously miss the old pacers of a couple of years ago. They were the team I loved to hate, and the best/ toughest matchup for the Pistons. Thems were some exciting games!

11. Sycamore Sam

Sycamore Sam First Round Draft Pick

Well, ya'll asked and you shall receive.:laugh:
    First of all Sekou Smith is an ex-Pacer beat writer who left just after the infamous Brawl. (Was that Isiah's fault too?) The guy seems to have been writing from both sides with his misinfo which could very well explain why he's in the ATL now...
    While the return of Al Harrington to the Indiana Pacers is being heralded as the second coming by some who consider themselves knowledgeable posters over at IndyStar, I don't see it that way and have been taken to the woodshed on the subject. However, as mentioned here, it definitely is something for Artest (in the long run), which changes that whole Artest, B.Miller, Mercer and Ollie for Travis Best and Jalen trade so many moons ago. Now the Pacers have Harrington in return while everyone including Peja and Pollard are gone.
    Chad Ford covered this subject in his recent column and congratulated DW/LB for standing up to an agent's demands (Al Harrington for 57 million? OUCH!) and setting their limits. The mere fact that Harrington could not get what he wanted from those other rumored teams kind of justifies my opine, no? Kobe and Al won't work. Denver has no space and the Warriors have Troy Murphy. So Al is worth 36 mil over 4 years instead of 56 over 6?
    Yeah, and Danny Granger's development just took a backward travelling violation within Coach Carlisle's system while RC plays his favorite vets.:doh:
    Al Harringon? Nice additon at the team's price. Not a season changer in any way and definitely not the second coming but hey, he and JO can stick together in their clique while AJ and Freddie Jones were run off because they weren't in the clique.
    Let's not forget, though, that Isiah just signed Jared Jeffries to 5 years at 30 mill. And Jerome James last year for the same. Too bad (for Al) Zeke didn't wait and get in on the Al Harrington sweepstakes! Why, Isiah would have given more than Tellum's first demand, no doubt.
    I feel better already. Think I'll have a beer and maybe love my wife a lil more tonight.:nod:

12. special ed

special ed First Round Draft Pick

Nice job, Shine, of ending a perfectly fine Shine bash fest!
    One thing you touched on is the IT debacle. Had Isiah exercised any restraint (imagine that) in doling out free money, the Knicks would be looking good this season financially and competively. Instead, they got a number of overpaid scrubs combined with some overpaid wannabes. Marbury, anyone?
    Sekou, however, wrote a nice story here and I think the only "misinfo" you refer to might be drumming up interest in Al Harrington and 60 Mil!
    I think we would all agree that the Pistons would have benefited from a S&T for Gentle Ben, no?
    Oh well, the Bulls get stronger for a year and the Pistons lose a huge chunk of rebounding and defense.

13. Sycamore Sam

Sycamore Sam First Round Draft Pick

Certainly ended that thread.:cold:

14. roscoe36

You and PB are always welcome here. I think the Pacers will be back in contention next season making for some decent debates...

15. max

max All-Star

I don't want to turn this into a Zeke bashing thread. When your payroll is over 100mil, finish with the 3rd worse record, traded the pick so you don't even get a high pick, and stick your owner with a 40mil lawsuite over the coach you hired. With all that you are not doing a very good job.

On S&T's - they are only good if you get something decent in return. It would have been nice to get some draft picks out of Chic or something but we did end up with Mohamed - :winner_first_h4h: