Other Pistons News Sources

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, May 2, 2013.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

For some reason, Google News keeps tossing up "Rant Sports" as a news source for Pistons articles. Does anyone here know anyone affiliated with this site? I'm not a fan of the way their articles are written (and subsequently posted as "news"). Sure, if you're scouring the internet (as Google tends to do) to deliver Pistons news. It should actually be news and not just a couple paragraphs that read like most fan forum posts (myself included). Like this gem here: Trey Burke: Detroit Pistons may take him if he's best available player

There is clearly no scenario where DET would really be looking to draft a big man and anyone who has watched this team should know that. The argument could be made for drafting Burke because of the loss of Calderon, but to suggest that if the "big man" DET is hoping for is not there when the Pistons draft that Burke becomes an option is just ridiculous and completely sidesteps the reality of what the Pistons would actually be looking for (with already having Monroe and Drummond inside).

Have you guys noticed this when digging for Pistons news elsewhere? It just seems to be a trend whenever I hit an article from that site. Sure, most people to pick a stance on something try to make points that support what they assert, but only the worst fans/posters ignore reality to try to make their position sound plausible, or am I way off base?

2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

NewsNow: Detroit Pistons News | Every Source, Every Five Minutes, 24/7

I use this for my "crawler".. I think that news writers are just plain lazy and don't do any digging before they write anything anymore. Which means you get terrible junk which is based on nonsence, or you get the hometown boot lickers.... No good coverage, but then again you can't get any good writing on anything these days, just one editorial after another labeled as news.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I really only go to Pistonpowered.com, realgm, and here. Sometimes I look at nbadraft.net. People who pump out articles generally suck. I'd rather read forum ideas and the back and forth stuff. The best stuff seem to get linked. The rest get crawled.

I wish I really knew more about basketball. I'd love to do in depth pieces and breakdowns. Thats what the internet needs. yeah, that's the ticket.

4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What if the Pistons are actually looking for another big with that first round pick, giving them the best 1-2-3 big man front line in the association? Maybe they are looking to re-sign Calderon and have their eyes on adding a scoring wing in free agency.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

... or if we are planning on trading Monroe because pairing him with Stuckey and Villanueva is the only way to get rid of them.

6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

You can get rid of them...you just have to pay them. Only Joe D expects to get out from under his mistakes cost-free.

Nemo likes this.
  7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A move like that ought to get Joe fired for even proposing it.

8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Why don't we fire Joe because he may or may not propose it.

coynejeremy likes this.
  9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

For the most part, Forbes and this place are my exclusive news sources for all things Pistons.
    ...Forbes for the 'facts'.
    ...PF.com for the 'opinions'.

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Reverse, repeat.