Other NBA Games 2013-14

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just watched Washington beat the Lake Show. Washington is one of the teams I am following this season on NBA League Pass. I cheer for them when they play for other teams besides the Pistons. (Note, if Washington plays any of Houston, Orlando, Toronto, Milwaukee, or Cleveland, the other teams I am following, I kind of have an order for which team I root for, pretty much based on teams that have ex-Pistons being my preference. So its, in order, Milwaukee, Toronto, Orlando, Washington, Cleveland, Houston that I root for. Example, Cleveland plays for Houston, I root for Cleveland. Etc.) Why do I root for one team or another when they are not my beloved Pistons? To stay awake. With no emotional attachment to a team, I could then care less who wins, and gee, I simply can not stay awake if I do not care who wins. Its why I do not watch regular season Red Wing games. Like gee, when was the last time the Wings did not make the playoffs, so who really cares if they win a regular season game.

So anyway, the one thing most noticeable in this game, neither team plays any perimeter D at all. They mostly do not even pretend to care. Blake starts for the Lakers for instance, and was the most minus palyer in the game despite Blake running the offense great and hitting a bunch of outside shots. But Blake never even heard of the concept of D apparently. Nick Young, a scorer. Farmar, shot lights out in this one. Just incredible shooting. But no defense.

Washington? They start two small forwards in the absence of Beal who is out for a couple of weeks. Wall does just a bit of perimeter D, but he is much more interested in scoring really.

Nene scored just over 30 if I recall, a new high for him. The only player consistently scoring paint points in the game. On both teams, the order of the day was jack it up. I think both teams shot about 50% for the game, so the talent was there to hit the shots. In the end, Nick Young was just out of control a bit, and the Lakers faded. Bad choice by the LA coach to leave Young in for that critical last couple of minutes.

Mogilny, LA Dre and roscoe36 like this.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I watched that game too :Lee....This is a game that the Lakers thought they had before the got off the plane and James Worthy the instudio host was VERY disappointed that they lost.

Like I indicated before the Laker-Piston game a few days ago, the Lakers will jack up threes just because....that is D'Antoni's style. Pass it around the perimeter until someone is open and then shoot. If it misses, Hill and Gasol are there to clean it up. When Kobe comes back that style will change somewhat as they defer to him.

If we learn anything from that loss the week before last, you have to play that arc don't give them an inkling that they beat from beyond the arc.

Hey we can be loyal to the Pistons and still follow another team....You have seen me at Clipper games cheering for them in the past couple of years. Still Pistons are #1 in my book.

I like the Spurs and Wizards too. ....but was kind of disappointed that one of my fantasy players> Nene scored 30 points, (including 14 in the 1st qtr,) but didn't stick around the hoop long enough to collect more than 5 boards.

Lee356 likes this.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I just watched Orlando beat up on Atlanta. Both teams really getting after it on defense, but Afflalo was just too much for Atlanta. A defensive stand to start the 4th put the game away for the Magic.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I am happy we merged the two NBA forums because now this thread gets updated very often with game reports.

5. LA Dre

Spurs 11 game win streak comes to an end tonight in OKC as the Thunder remain undefeated at home beating San Antonio 94-88. The Thunders pg Reggie Jackson put down his baseball bat long enough to score 23 points off the bench as Westbrook struggled on 2-16 shooting. The Spurs announcers said that they didn't expect Reggie to shoot so well (10-14) and left him open too much and that's was the difference in the game.

The Lakers ran off a 17-0 run between the end of the 1st qtr to the beginning of the second qtr to take a 42-18 and extend it out to 48 to 21 mid way through the second only to see the Nets work their way back into and tie the game at 92 with just two minutes left in the game. The Lakers were able to prevail winning the game 99-94 vs the now 3-11 Nets. With Deron Williams injured and the Nets sucking it up, if they are 5-25 after 30 games, does Kidd get canned or does he put on a uniform and try to help?

linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Oh man, player-coach would be retro. Might be a nice way for him to bow out of the coaching job too. Become player coach for a while and then have a coach come in because he's unable to do both. Then he can retire and get an assistant coaching job somewhere next year.

7. LA Dre

In the last game of the night, and with both CP3 and Matt Barnes sitting it out the game with injuries and JJ Redick going down to begin the 3rd with and sprained wrist, the Clippers out lasted the Kings in Sacramento via an OT win of 104-98. The Clippers closed the game on a 10-0 run....similar to what the other LA team did to the Pistons earlier tonight.

Although Darren Collison started in CP3's place, it was my fantasy player Jamal Crawford who came off the bench to score 31 points, 11 assists and 7 boards. Deandre Jordan just missed a triple double with 10 points, 15 boards and 9 blocks!! and of course Blake Griffin contributed 21 pts and 12 boards.

The Kings had their chances with Cousins leading the way with 25 and 9, but even the bench was outscored by Crawford 31-30. For those who say it's too early for Pistons trades,the Kings suffering at the small forward position, pulled off a trade this week swapping out Luc Mbah Moute with Derrick Williams who plays both the 4 and the 5. He responded in his first game with the Kings with 12-6-4. He was getting less than 15 minutes with the Twolves and got 32 minstonight. I am not familiar with his defense, but at 6'8 240 and an very athletic, he would have been been a possible upgrade over Singler and a definite one over CV..........

linwood likes this.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I just watched Washington beat Atlanta. Good game. Washington has a few players from past teams that I use to root for. Like Nene, Gortat, and Ariza. All did well in this game, with Ariza knocking down about 6 3's or so plus playing his usual good D and contributing in several other ways. On a given night, its often hard to peg just which Washington player is more valuable to their team. Webster for sure has had his nights. Tonight, maybe it was Ariza, but you got to credit a lot of the open shots Ariza got to good solid play from their bigs, Nene and Gortat. At times, Wall just dominates the game. For the most part, Washington played excellent team ball when all the starters were in. While not being so cohesive with their subs. One guy who surprised a bit for Atlanta is Milsap, who canned 4 triples in the 2nd half to keep the Hawks within hailing distance. Actually, Atlanta cut an 18 point lead down to 2 before all the starters for the Wiz came in and restored order.

Actually, Ariza hit 5 threes, but just as important, he made 3 of 3 clutch free throws after getting fouled on a three try.

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

No he's not.

10. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Good game from Brandon Knight last night... and the Bucks won.

Almost a triple double.

20 points (7/14 fg) (3/3 3pt) (3/4 ft) - 9 rebounds - 8 assists - 1 steal - 1 block - 3 turnovers

Also, good game from Bynum.. I merely saw with one eye the Bulls - Cavs game.. and although the game was lost by Noah and Boozer by the end when neither could score te ball beneath the basket, Bynum had a good game. 20 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks.

roscoe36 likes this.
  11. LA Dre

So some good hoops at the Staples Center today as the two best teams in the league record wise came to call on the Clippers and Lakers.

The Lakers almost did it again with another miracle finish tonight coming from down 20 points to begin the 4th qtr by outscoring the Blazers 24-5 to take a 94-74 deficit to being down by only 1, 99-98. The Blazers however pulled it out winning 114-108 and improved their record to 14-3. The Lakers fallback to 9-9. Mike D'Antoni was asked in the post game presser that since this the last game without Kobe, what is the game plan for his debut on Friday? The coach indicated that he wanted the team to be over .500 when Kobe came back...so we will to wait to see if happens in their next game or not.

There were no Wesley Johnson or Shawne Williams sightings tonight. The two that combined for 47 points in rattling the Pistons were quickly removed from any all-star game write in consideration scoring a total of 11 points combined. Xavier Henry did show up though scoring 27 points, but made only 2 three pointers. The Lakers were 10-28 from the beyond the arc tonight compared to 14-31 vs the Pistons.

The Pacers beat the Clippers in the earlier afternoon game 105-100. The Clippers are missing starting shooting guard JJ Redick for the next 6-8 weeks with a severely sprained wrist on his shooting hand. Still with the Clippers down 2 with 1:05 minute left in the game, they had had two chances to tie it, but a TO by Darren Collison and a missed 7 foot jumper by CP3 allowed the best team in the league to extend their record to 16-1 and the Clippers dropped to 12-6.

So no celebration for any LA basketball fans today.

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Looks like the Blazers are real. I don't feel so bad about losing to them now.

13. S.J.

I guess the question is: Can they stay healthy?

14. LA Dre

Yep that is the question,,,,as the Pelicans Anthony Davis, the Clippers JJ Redick and the Nets Paul Pierce all go down with broken hand/wrist injuries over the holidays and it will affect a couple of those teams in the long run since the healing is a minimum of 6 weeks for all three.

If Lilliard or Aldridge go down for an extended time it will definitely slow their roll.

By the way what's the story on Billups?

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Old man itis.

LA Dre likes this.
  16. LA Dre

There are plenty of players older than Billups who play in this league. Derek I need another ring Fisher is older and Garnett is 4 months older than CB

17. S.J.

Yes, and also with that line I was trying to take a "punch" to the Blazers past of good payers getting injured.. Oden, Brandon Roy, etc.

18. LA Dre

I see what you mean.....Bill Walton and Sam Bowie would be the other big Blazers to go down. Walton was the only to get a championship prior to falling apart.

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I read this as Old man tits.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.

S.J. and brofmfa like this.
  20. LA Dre

Some of us have them....and some of you will get them...