1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Other games around the league

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Lee356, Oct 10, 2015.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Lower bowl tickets are only $115?

roscoe36 likes this.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Normally he gets tickets in the 300 section (Read:Crows nest), so we just buy our own unless it is last minute situation where weren't plan on going. Even he didn't know the tickets were that good until we got the arena and he had already promised them to a couple of his buddies when once we declined them.

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. LA Dre

There are three sections at Staples Center....one on the upper section where each ticket could run about 10-15 regular season...25 and up for playoffs...depending on the round.

The lower bowl consists of the 100 section 100 and section 200. Tickets in the section 100 start about 125 each and can soar to over $5000 each.....you can get some in the section 200 from about $45 to 100. I get the tickets from either StubHub or the Clippers resale departments via Ticketmaster. The latter fees are cheaper. The tickets I got on Thursday in section 217 row 8 were $51 each in the"end zone", and $6.50 fee for each ticket. The face value was $75 each.

I am not going to Tuesday's game even if my son offers free tickets again. They way Clippers are playing, that might be the last playoff game this season.

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Chicago is a rip off. My feel for ticket prices has been totally skewed. It sucks for me, because I don't like the Bulls enough to spend what they are asking, so I only go when someone gives me tickets.

I would have thought LA would be just as bad.

I'm perpetually amazed at how much people are willing to spend to attend live sporting events. If you take a couple kids to a regular season game here and get decent seats, you're easily spending $200-$300. The alternative to that is so good (i.e. sitting on your couch and watching with no parking, travel time, or $9 beers).

I can understand spending the money to take clients, but for personal consumption, it's pretty taxing.

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. LA Dre

On average the tickets for the Lakers are probably 30-40% higher than the Clippers despite not winning more than 30 games the past 4 years.

There are Stubhub sellers who will find buyers rich suckers with money in the LA area willing to pay...because they can afford it $175 per ticket that person in front of them paid $50 for? The tickets in the section 100 and could run as $5000 per ticket and someone will buy it.

We go to an average 4-5 games a year. One might be a freebie from my son (a Clipper employee) and the other 3-4 that I pay for are normally probably in the 200 section where I never go above $45 per ticket for a regular season game and never above $60 for a playoff game. Most of the time me and Mrs Jones Dre go, but we have taken and paid for her mother and one of my cousins a starving UCLA med student should be able to pay it back when she gets her doctorate 4 years from now..:graduate:.

Sometimes parking is free, but when not,food, beverages and parking could add an additional $50 to the event. Plus it's 40 miles each way to the Staples Center from my home, so throw in gas expense and you know why it is a once a month event .....and never for Laker game$

roscoe36 likes this.
  6. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

Moose cooking up some raptor, again.

roscoe36 likes this.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Middleton with 20 points thru 3 quarters, as well.

C-Bill and roscoe36 like this.
  8. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

Hey, I'll be doing on-court shenanigans 2nd time out of 2nd period at spurs game. Doubt it will be on the TV screen. But letting y'all know just in case. Because I'm wearing a Bad Boys hat. :)

We are pushing a giant beach ball throw a hoop. And, like, if you win you get to shoot from half court for a Kia. If i shoot that, I'll miss. Bad.

9. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You should appear on League Pass. They show timeouts. Have fun!

roscoe36 and C-Bill like this.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What the?

roscoe36 and C-Bill like this.
  11. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

So, they canceled us (me and my friend) at the last second, because the generator which blows up the over-sized inflatable hoops was broken.

But, since we were up high in the arena it was still kinda cool because we got to walk by the visitors bench and hang out in the visitors tunnel with the cheerleaders. They also had us in another area for a little bit were we met the MCs and we signed waivers and messed around a bit.

To make up for it they gave us each a bunch of tshirts, coupons for 10 breakfast tacos at Whataburger (texas fastfood place), and 10 chicken sandwhiches and Chik-Fil-A. Plus they are sending us $50 gift certificates for the Spurs gift shop.

We may have never known about the gift certificates if we weren't reading the printout they had for the event on their bulletin board. We made sure to keep asking about it, cause we didn't want them to overlook it. They tried to lowball us, like once they said they'd give us 50 to share. But we read the full event description, so we repeatedly pointed out to them that it says we get $50 each, haha. Though we remained light-hearted. I mean, maybe we were slightly pushy, but, like I often say, "I want what's coming to me."

They couldn't find the gift certificates. That is why they are mailing them, and didn't just give them to us there.

Anyway, despite the ridiculous blowout. Our party of four had a good ol' time.

**edit* Oh yeah, and I had it all planned out. I was going to somehow find the perfect moment when a tv camera was on me and I was going to point at my Bad Boys hat, and be like, "that's what's up." Coulda been sweet:)

They did make us put on Spurs Tshirts, though.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How'd you get selected for that? Sounds like a cool experience.

I'm bummed that you didn't get to represent the bad boys.

roscoe36 likes this.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Good score.

14. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

We were just randomly picked as we walked in the arena entrance. We were very hesitant at first because we were assuming it was something crappy like, maybe, if you sign up for a credit card, you can enter a drawing and the winner gets to do on-court event. But, we eventually determined, no, we were in fact, lucky.

Yeah, we were still pretty pleased with the whole thing, despite the letdown. It was cool.

roscoe36 likes this.