Other Games Around the League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Oct 28, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The ref blew it, but I don't think it was intentional. Officials want to get it correct. They get evaluated, analyzed, and scrutinized after every game. If their ratings are good, they get to officiate playoff games. No official wants to make the wrong call that decides a game.

Even if he makes the call, the chances that Rubio hits all 3 free throws to tie the game are less than 50-50.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  3. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I had taco's and beer for lunch, but there's hope. :)
    coynejeremy and BallDon'tLie like this.
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'm with Dre on this. That was way too obvious of a foul. The entire game was gift-wrapped to Lakers.
  5. BillLaimbeer

This happened a month ago, but I just saw it for the first time. The Clippers are down 27 points as the clock is about to expire. Watch Caron Butler. This is hilarious.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Why did he get a free throw for that?
  7. BillLaimbeer

Valanciunas fouled Butler once he realized he was being duped.
  8. LA Dre

I remember watching this game....the Clipps were being embarrassed and Butler wanted to pad his stats all the way to the end....
  9. LA Dre

Turnabout is fair play.....as heat sit two of their superstars in San Antonio to punish the Spurs fans who paid top dollar to see Wade and Lebron. As you recall, Pop sent Duncan, Parker & Genobli home to hang out instead of having them play the Heat at the AA Arena in Miami in front of the high paying Heat fans.

Instead of Heat vs Spurs, it has come down to Riley vs Popovich....and despite no Wade, Lebron or Chalmers, the Heat win the game on a 3 point buzzer beater by Bosh 88-86. Wade was hurt, but not sure if Lebron was just told to sit out??

So if these teams meet in the finals, we have to hope that they bring all of their players....

James, Wade, Chalmers out for Heat against Spurs - Yahoo! News
  10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

How hurt was Wade? everybody is hurt this time of year, and I wonder how many Miami players would have sat if the streak was on the line, and why do I think its safe to say Stern won't say word one about James sitting....
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hard to criticize the winning team. It's like having a big lead and sitting your stars in the 2nd half. While it rips the fans off, it's totally legit.

And in this case, if they win, how can you fine them?
  12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Spurs were incredibly competitive all the way down to the wire in the game in Miami and Stern still fined them. That was total BS.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe they should just set up a formula. "If you sit out 2 or more superstars (defined as being voted into the last 3 or more All-Star games) and the players do not also sit in at least 3 straight games (to prove they are injured), and if you lose by 10 or more points, then you shall be fined $100K for every point that you lose by".

That would give the other team a great incentive to run up the score and it would be thrilling to watch as a fan of the home team.
  14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The pre-game interview with Pops reaction when he got the Miami starting lineup was hilarious. He said he was utterly disgusted by Miami resting their stars and a move like that wouldn't even enter his mind.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I hope the Spurs get to the Finals and sweep the Heat while resting their stars.
  16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

For the record... I had no problem with Miami sitting players last night, as I had no problem with SA sitting there players earlier this season. You do what is best for your team and if you upset your fan base then you need to deal with that. My issue is with Stern who made it sound like the end of the world for SA sitting there players in Miami.... sorry nobody in South beach came to watch Duncan play, they come to see there championship team. If Stern had any guts he'd have been ripping Miami in the press like he did SA earlier, and ask Miami to write a check in the ball park of the one he made SA write earlier this year.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The reality is that for a top team in the NBA, the regular season doesn't have that much meaning... but it is important for the league if they pretend that each game is critically important. I can see it from both angles. If I were Stern, I would have just had a private conversation with each owner and reminded them to make sure that they make up better excuses and try not to sit more than 1 guy at a time.
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm surprised that the Pistons don't get fined for not using a Shooting Guard.
    round likes this.
  19. BillLaimbeer

Stern called Dumars last week and said he was going to start fining the Pistons $4 per game if Frank continues to sit Middleton.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I still think that Gores and Frank might be in cahoots here to tank away the season (without JD's knowledge).

Besides helping the franchise and his pocketbook, it also allows Gores to fire Dumars without much backlash from the public.