Other Games Around the League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Oct 28, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Streak is on the line tonight as the Heat visit the Magic.....but no Wade....can the Heat win without him?
  2. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Anything is possible if you take down Charlotte.
  3. LA Dre

In a matter of 3 minutes...the score went from 68-68 to 88-70 Heat....you talking about turning it on in the 4th when needed.

In other sports matters, I was watching the Tigers game vs the Marlins on MLB channel and the announcer indicated Prince Fielder was not playing today, but I didn't hear why.....When I switched to Heat game 10 minutes later, there was Prince sitting with his princess in Orlando watching the game in a courtside seat....I haven't been keeping up with current events, but he is hurt?...
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It might have been her birthday. I saw something where he tweeted a picture of a birthday cake.
  5. LA Dre

6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I watched parts of this one.
    Karl was coaching a weird game and at times it seemed like he was almost trying to lose this one.
    ...Lots of experimenting with the offense and small moves to that looked like they were meant to 'challenge' his team.
    This loss probably helps the Nuggs more than it hurts in the long run.
  7. LA Dre

Lakers lose third in a row and are now 6-13 when Kobe, Howard, Nash Gasol and World Peace start. So much for a championship team..because of the injuries, the chemistry just has not been there.

The team is better off without Gasol and D'Antoni. Hopefully they miss the playoffs by one game when it is all said and done. But the Jazz will need to get back on track for that to happen.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Down go the Heat. Nice little run.
  9. LA Dre

They went down fighting and even when they were down 7 with 4 mins to go, you had a feeling that they would come back and take it.

Remember when Boozer grabbed a defensive board and instead of securing the ball first and finding his PG, he tried a quick outlast pass, that was picked off by James and then dunked for a scored 3 seconds later. Still Boozer redeemed himself of the offensive end a couple of plays later with an offensive board and shot that sealed it. Also the Bulls can give thanks to Nate Rob who also came up big in crunch time.

The Heat were living on the edge the past 10 games and playing from behind every game was likely to catch up with them. Just wished it was the Pistons who had stopped the streak...:ohwell:
    brofmfa likes this.
  10. BallDon'tLie

...I'm so freaking sick of "All Heat-All Day" on every sports talk radio show, podcast, news story, blog, TV show ...ugghhh!
  11. LA Dre

It' will be over tomorrow and the sports media(ESPN) will go back to All Laker-All Day as the media tries to will them into the playoffs. They currently hold a one game lead over the Jazz for the 8th spot with each team having 10 games left. MWP went down with possible season ending injury and the Mavs have been playing well lately too and only 1.5 games behind the Lakers.
  12. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

This is the dog days of media coverage around the NBA. Other than the West playoff race, there just aren't many stories.

At least the NCAA tournament and Opening Day will spread out some of the coverage.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You know what else is coming up....

[​IMG]
  14. BallDon'tLie

First and foremost, I'm an NBA fan. Sometimes, this can be pretty tough.
    On one hand, at least the streak gave the 4-letter network and everyone else something "NBA related" to talk about for a few weeks. Pro basketball tends to get drowned-out by Football and Baseball when it comes to National media. I could efffing CARE LESS about some Sports Management major's 40-time at the NFL combine or what the efff Tom Brady had for breakfast.

IMO: Basketball is the most artistic and aesthetic game of the 4 major North American sports.
    The NBA is basketball being played at it's highest level.
    I just think that there's more style and substance in a Tim Duncan bank-shot than there is in a bunch of guys in helmets falling down, huddling and falling down again.

I wish that the media saw it the way I do.
    Until they do, I'll continue to wait through 45 minutes of offseason discussion on how Payton Manning's release looks different than it did prior to his neck surgery before I can hear a 2 minute discussion on which of the 3 deserving teams will be on the outside looking in regarding the Western Conf. playoffs.

:angrysoapbox:
    linwood and jayborne like this.
  15. LA Dre

I hear you BDL.....ESPN dedicates an hour show called NFL Live on a daily basis all year round even though pro football is only played six months out of the year. That is what the NFL channel is for. We really don't get to hear about basketball between August and September and if we do, it is concerning a superstar or high profile team. Even during the regular season, there is no in depth coverage on the struggling teams....unless it is the Lakers, Celtics or Knicks...
  16. LA Dre

A tradition like no other
  17. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

I'm with you. Twitter has changed how I consume sports media. I barely, if ever, watch ESPN or any of the other networks if there isn't an event on. I follow enough bloggers and writers to get my fix of all the basketball stories I care about. And games I should be watching or should catch highlights of. I've been listening to the Basketball Jones podcast more than watching the morning Sportscenter these last couple of months.
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

DOWN WITH THE EVIL FOUR-LETTER!!!!
  19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well, the bridges do come up in Chicago, but I don't think that one does.
    Woody likes this.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's my lifelong ambition to weasel my way into a round there.