Other Games Around the League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Oct 28, 2009.

1. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Lakers have had injuries so we really cant tell. Boston to me has not been that impressive. Boston is missing a backup point guard. At this point, no one stands out for me. Too early to tell.

On the other had, the nets, knicks and warriors are the worst out of the block. Knicks and Nets must be waiting for 2010.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kim the Warrior fan base is as rabid as you state and even though the blow out was in affect Friday night midway thru the third qtr, the 1000 or fans who hung around were still cheering their team on to the end even there was no comeback on the horizon vs the Clips

I will be in Seattle,working Nov-16/18 and strongly considered staying over night on the 18th and driving down to Portland to see the Pistons/Trailblazer game, but the way the Pistons have struggled out of the gate, I decided to wait until they show up at Staples Center in February to play the Clippers. have fun...

3. LA Dre

The Lakers have eeked out a couple of victories without Gasol and got one without Bynum, so the question is how good are they with everyone healthy.

As Ernie said, how good are the Suns since they handed both Miami and Boston their only losses? I guess we will find out next Thursday when the Lakers and Suns meet @ Staples

4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Apparently, even Stern's elves require contact before they blow the whistle. But, it could've been a blocking foul. As in the Bulls defenders had their hands straight up and were blocking LeBron's vision.

5. LA Dre

The Pistons held the magic to 80 points last Tuesday and then the Magic responded with two big victories over the Suns and the Pistons....explain how the Thunder hold the Magic to only 74 points and beat them by 28 points last night????

6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Magic did not take them seriously, I guess...

Also Magic is too dependent on 3pt line.

7. LA Dre

Just like they didn't take us seriously in that first meeting..and responded with 40 pt first quarter the second time around.

8. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just a solid, efficient all-round game from the Thunder. 57% from the field, 27 assists.

Magic's role players finally played to the level they should and couldn't help Howard. No Ryan Anderson, Carter or Lewis.

I predicted OKC would make the playoffs before the season started at the expense of NO and it seems on track so far.

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Can you imagine how scary that Port team would've been had they picked Kevin Durant. OKC has got some really good young talent in KD, Greene, Westbrook and Thabo Sefolosha-good role player.

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Not to mention the step back Utah has taken in the early going.

11. webz

Utah should turn it around. They are too talented not to.

Apart from Chris Paul, that NO organisation just doesn't seem to have a lot of heart.

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Warriors hang 146 on Minnesota, IN REGULATION. (146-105)

Stephen Jackson, 2-8 from the field, +35, with 15 assists in only 31 minutes.

GSW also had twenty two steals. TWENTY TWO!

13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Notice how many pts the Spurs gave up in that Tor win? Late 70's early 80's B-Ball is back.......SHOWTIME!!! Stern got his wish.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

See how many they scored w/out Duncan and Parker?

15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Dice had 7 pts and 10 boards, along with 3 assists in 23 mins. But, Ginobili seems like his old self. 36pts, 8 assists, 4 boards and 4 blocks in 32 minutes! He was +21.

The Spurs are a resilient bunch, but their hopes are tied to the state of a certain ankle. The Spurs fans now understand what it might have felt like to be a Bulls fan in 1999.

16. LA Dre

for two coaches who prided themselves on wins and defense, Rambis and Laimbeer are not having a good time in Minnesota....1 win so far I think

17. webz

To me, the Spurs aren't championship contenders. They will be there or thereabouts but I see them getting knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round.

When I look at the Spurs now I imagine thats how our team would be now had we kept all our aging vets. Would we be disgruntled saying Joe didn't try to trade them away and get some young blood?

I think yes. Unless the team is winning, we (the fans) are a tough bunch to keep happy. :)

18. LA Dre

Flip Saunders was once again victimized by Dwayne Wade tonight as Wade scored 14 of the Heats last 19 points as he first broke a 73-73 tie and the Heat closed the game on 17-3 run to win it 90-76 over the Wizards.

Agent zero didn't help matters for the Wizards as he had 12 of their 22 turnovers.

The Wizard announcer indicated that Wade is 16-0 vs the Arenas since the two of them entered the league.(including playoffs) If that is the case then Flip does not want to play the Heat in the playoffs.

Wade finished with 41 pts and 12/13 from the ft line.

In a game that just ended on NBA TV, C Billups missed the back end of a FT in attempt let the clock run out, but Bulls clock guys stop the clock and Brad Miller got off a shot with .3 seconds that it took three officials over 5 minutes to rule after the replay. Then they gave it to the Nuggets by reversing the call on the floor.

Nuggets beat Bulls 90-89. This one will be reviewed a thousand times on ESPN and all Bulls network....the ball was still on Millers fingers when the light came on.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Of note, Afflalo started this one, although he did not play starters minutes. He keeps his streak of being plus for all the Denver games so far. (+1 tonight) He was the only starter who was plus, the rest were well minus.

And Carter, the guy who went to the bench, was -5 despite all the rest of the bench players being heavily plus. Again, still early, but I am still keeping track.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Joakim Noah with 21 rebounds!