Other Games Around the League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Oct 28, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Delfino has been good for the past 3 years. The only real variations in his stats have come from different amounts of playing time. If he were on our squad right now, he'd be our 4th leading scorer, 4th leading rebounder, 6th in assists, 1st in steals, and 3rd in WS/minute.

I'd say that he's a 5th man on most non playoff teams, a 6th man on the average playoff team, and a 7th man on a contender.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Birdman looking like his old self:
    17 points
    11 rebounds
    1 assist
    2 steals
    5 blocks
    0 turnovers
    7-7 from the field
    +20

... all that in only 21 minutes of action.

That's production from a bench player.
    Harrington also with 17 points off the bench in 20 minutes.

57 points in all from the bench.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Jordan Farmar with 16 assists (with Deron Williams out)

In the Miami game, the non big 3 (i.e. the other 8) scored 20 points in 117 minutes of action. The big 3 scored 89 points in 121 minutes.

Jennings with 37 against the Knicks. Another player to go off on them.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Battle: Los Angeles~ Staples Center

[​IMG]
    The Lakers prevail beating the Clippers 112-104 and the season series 3-1.

Close game down the stretch, but Clippers could not overcome that 10 pt deficit in the first Qtr. A controversial goal tend called on the Clips that should have not been called in crunch time.

Ron Artest shut down the Clippers leading scorer Eric Gordon to the tune of 3-14 shooting.

Lakers have won 13 of 14 since the all-star break but still 5.5 games back of Spurs with 10 games left...Duncan out injured so you can see they are playing their best to get that HCA if they can.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It was unexpected to see the Lakers struggling earlier. They are a very strong team... but maybe Kobe is using the switch now that he's aging a bit.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Manu is hurt too as the Spurs lose 3 in a row. Unfortunate crumbling of these Spurs.
  7. LA Dre

With both teams having 9 games left and the Spurs leading by only 4 games, they are ripe for the Lakers taking over. The Lakers are only a half game behind the Bulls, so now I need to start pulling for them, because if the Lakers have the home court adv in the finals, there is no stopping Phil from completing the quadruple- triple and Kobe and Fisher getting their sixth ring...

....and some Laker fans comparing Fisher to Jordan...or should that be Fish to Pippen....still no comparison...:)
  8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Let's see, SAS have 5h 4r games left. 4 of those against playoff teams. However, other than Sacramento and Utah, all 7 games are against >.500 teams.

Lakers also have 5h 4r games left. 5 against playoff teams. Only 5 games against >.500 teams. So, on paper they have an easier schedule.

The key game is going to be when the Spurs arrive at Staples center on 4/12, the second to last game for both teams. SAS leads the season series 2-1. That game is probably going to determine the 1-2 seeding in the West unless Dallas goes on a tear.

Just to have a little fun, and just because you said you're going to root for the Lakers, I'm gonna root for the Spurs. Oh, it's on Dre!
  9. LA Dre

First of all I was not clear in my previous post...what it meant to say Iwas going to root for the Bulls to win in hopes that they would have HCA, and hoping that I would not have to see Phil/Kobe/Fisher/my mother in-law cheering the rest of the summer.

I have lived in California since 1980. The last time I rooted for the Lakers was 1987 when they beat the Celtics. Once they stole the ring from the Pistons in 1988, I have had the anti laker persona in my household. In fact I have rooted for the perennially challenged Clippers the past six years and only attend their games.
  10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I doubt that Pop even cares about having HCA in the playoffs.
  11. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

What's is wrong with the Celts??? Just hope they can be seed 2 at least so they can have home court against the Heat in the Conf Semi.
  12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

sandbagging so they can play them in the 2nd round when there fresher? :stirthepot:
  13. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This Celtics bunch has done this the last few years. At some point they just can't be bothered.
  14. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

They miss Sheed....
  15. LA Dre

and Nate and Perkins...plus they are getting old, so they have to slow themselves down and be prepared for the long playoff run..
  16. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Lack of the O'Neals is hurting them right now. Still as dangerous as ever in the playoffs.
  17. LA Dre

Game of the week (fan night) aired tonight on NBA TV as the Cavs beat the Heat in Cleveland with Dan Gilbert, Fred Mcleod and Austin Carr the happiest guys in the state of Ohio.

This was a game of runs as the Cavs went on an 18-0 run to build a 23 point lead (71-48) midway through the the third qtr only to see the Heat comeback and tie the game at 83-83 with about 7 mins left in the game.

The Cavs then go on a 12-0 runs while the Heat miss 7 straight shots and win the game 102-90.

Lebron hugs Boobie and Hixson and shakes the BScott and a couple of over Cavs brass......not sure if he gave Gilbert a wink or not.

Cleveland with the worst record in league have now knocked off such powers as the Heat, Lakers, Celtics and Pistons this season for their 15 wins.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So the Cavs went on a 54 to 19 run to end the game?

Wow.
  19. LA Dre

No the Cavs had the 71 to 48 lead midway through the third. The Heat put together a 35-12 run to tie the game at 83 with about 7 mins left in the game and then the Cavs finished on a 19-7 run to close the game including 12 in a row to make it 95-83 to put the game away after the tie.
  20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LeBron James Returns to Cleveland, Doesn’t Really Have a Good Night Out - TIME NewsFeed

Every time I forget that LeBron James is full of crap, I get reminded again.