Other Games Around the League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Oct 28, 2009.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Naw, we don't stand a chance of getting Z-Bo via trade, but he's an unrestricted Free Agent who can be lured away from a bad organization, move any two of the three: Max, CV or Rip; and we'll have enough cash to nab him and keep T-Mac; Stuckey's extension would be collateral damage.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Cavs win! Cavs win! Cavs win! Cavs win! Cavs wins! Cavs win!

Beat Clippers in overtime.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Two teams I didn't want to be victimized by the Cavs...Pistons and Clippers.

The Pistons survived, but for us Clipper fans: "We was robbed" :yellowprison:

I was watching at a restaurant/sports bar in Southfield and the sound was turned down....looked liked there was a loose ball non call and the ball was given to the Cavs and Jamison hit an insurance 3 to seal it. Also just talked to my son who saw the whole game and it appears that the Clips got robbed on a game winning bucket at the end of regulation on what should have been a goal tend and it was ruled a clean block that was non-reviewable because it happen at the end of regulation???

4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Boston beats Miami again. This time in a game where Pierce went 0-10 and scored 1 point, and with no O'Neal x2, Delonte West, Marquis Daniels, Semih Erden.

A really neat writeup by Woj:
    Heat again fail to stand up to Celtics - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

5. BillLaimbeer

You are correct. The Clips did get a couple of really bad calls. Apparently, the refs working the game had not realized that LeBron was no longer with the Cavs. They were still following Stern's orders of fixing games for the Witless.

6. Walter

They were under orders from Stern. Cavs were starting to get more press than LeBron, so something had to be done.

7. LA Dre

The refs took a potential marquee matchup of the 27 losses in a row Cavs vs the 24 in row road loss Wizards for Sunday. The game would have brought more attention than Heat-Celtics and Lakers-Magic...

The Wizards won the game and broke their losing streak and set up the Cavs to start a new losing streak instead of extending it to 28..

8. BillLaimbeer

Miami is beating Indiana 41-19....after the 1ST QUARTER.

Wade put up 22 in the 1st quarter.

9. Walter

Unlike us, Indiana came back with a vengeance. They spanked the Heat 35-17 in the 2nd. It's a 1-point game in the 3rd.

10. LA Dre

After suffering a 26 game losing streak, the Cavs break the streak winning two out of their last three in getting both victories over the LA teams. First beating the Clippers last Friday and then the Lakers tonight.

I was in Detroit Friday and in Orlando tonight, so I can only imagine how the LA Sports radio guys and fans will be burning the radiowaves tonight and tomorrow in embarrasment. (I'm goin back to Cali tomorrow night so I guess I will hear it then.)

Paul Gasol scored 30 and grabbed 20 boards in tonights wasted effort.

11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hardly wasted since Gasol is a Sprocket.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I just want to point out a truly monster game by Kevin Love today:

37 points on 13 FG attempts. He game dangerously close to averaging 3 points per shot attempt. His 23 free throws sure helped.

Oh yeah, and he got 23 rebounds... almost forgot about that.

He was +18 on the night in a 3 point win.

Is it just a coincidence that the year Bill Laimbeer becomes an assistant coach in Minny, Darko looks like a real player and Kevin Love turns into the most motivated and productive big man in the league?

If it's not a coincidence, then he could be our next great coach.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Chauncey and the Knicks lose to Cleveland, then beat the Heat on consecutive nights? That's weird.

Also, Amir got blocked 3 times and still shot 77% from the field tonight (10-13). Could have been a 13-13 night without the stuffs.

14. LA Dre

They were looking ahead to Heat and assumed they could walk by the Cavs.

The Heat thought they could beat a team in transition and got caught off guard.

IMO the Knicks will go as far as Billups can take them. Yeah they have Amar'e and Melo, but it is Mr Bigshot who will lead them into glory or failure.

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Well, we know how that story is going to end 5 out of 6 times.

In other news: I like the new Nuggets, deep and hard working with lots of hustle and versatality, I guess that's what Joe was trying to do except we got Charlie V

16. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The best part about the new Nuggets is for one reason or another, most of those guys have a huge chip on their shoulder, and can ball. Pretty much every name on that Denver team was talked about during all that Melo crap, and now they are where they will be for the remainder of the year, ready to play some ball.

17. Walter

If it was just Kevin Love, one could argue about his success with Team USA blah blah blah. But the turnaround with Darko is quite remarkable and apparently Laimbs has not only been working with him closely, but also working on his mind telling him over and over that he is a great player and now was his time.

Laimbs did more with Love&Darko in one year than Ewing did with Howard in what, 4 years? I'm just happy for Laimbeer. He will become a head coach in the NBA one day. Hope it'll be here in the post-Dumars era.

18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

getting a ton out of a single or a couple players as one of many assistants on a team is a far reach from being a head coach....

Currey was suppose to be great because of his work with the kids....

Q was the mastermind of the cleveland's offense... (not that i thought there offense was all that great)

The guy with the bulls that is given credit for the triangle offense was one of the worst head coaches of all time.

Now saying all that.... I think Laim will make a great head coach if given the chance more because of how well he did with the schock.

If we really clean house and get rid of Rip and Prince this off season, I think its the right time to bring him home to grow with the kids.....

19. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Seems the only real difference with Darko is playing time and a bit of a confidence boost. Darko is literally one of the league's most inefficient offensive players (putrid offensive rating of 92 and a TS% of 47.9%) and he turns the ball over too much. Defensively he's pretty good at blocking/altering shots, but if he was even an average offensive player it'd take a load off of Kevin Love and make Minnesota a better team.

20. LA Dre

Still think both the Pistons and Clipps blew the opportunity for mutual improvement as they should have swapped Tay and Kaman.

The Clippers lose their 25th road game of the season (vs 5 road wins) to the Kings whose owners the Maloof brothers are trying to move the team out of Sac-town.

The Clippers are only 2 and 16 in the games that Blake and Kaman have played together so it appears that there is some chemistry issues with the two of them on the floor.

I was hoping between the Pistons and Clippers that I would have one team to cheer for this season that was competitive, but the Clippers have gone 4-14 since leading scorer Eric Gordon went out with a wrist fracture on Jan 24th (on his shooting hand)