Other Games Around the League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Oct 28, 2009.

1. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Hey.. Chicago @ Miami is on!

I think that would be an interesting game, both are good teams of the East, maybe future Pistons rivals in the Playoffs.. who knows right?

:roll:
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like 3-0 Miami who knocked off the Bulls by closing them out in the 4th quarter today, is ahead of the game as it relates to rebuild compared to the Pistons.

Yeah they took a year off in 07 due to the Wade injury, but looks like their youth built around Dwayne 'free throw" Wade will probably battle Atlanta for the 4th spot in the east so you are right they are a future rival compared to current rival..(Pistons please prove me wrong)
  3. max

max All-Star

I saw the Celts/Cavs game on delay from NBA tv. Cavs look very slow with Shaq and Sheed looks very happy to be back on a contender. Ray Allen looks one year older.
  4. LA Dre

Which means a young athletic team like the Magic can sneak into the finals again if they go seven with either of the two in ECF....
  5. max

max All-Star

Not so young since picking up Carter but I have not seen them play yet.

Road to the East goes through the Celts this year in my opinion. They have a lot of young players who are only going to get better. I don't know if they need Allen so much anymore. Sheed looks like a perfect fit. I think he needs to be on a contender.
  6. LA Dre

Well they ran Toronto off their own court today scoring 125 pts without Vince Carter or Rashard Lewis...

Some old Duke has been by the name of JJ Redick took Carter's place and scored 27 pts with 5 three balls. Not to be outdone, Jameer Nelson and Ryan Anderson also hit five three pointers for the Magic...

If they can play this well without Lewis, maybe they should trade him to us for Tay and Max??:sssh:
  7. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Matt Barnes > Tayshaun Prince ???? :sssh:
  8. LA Dre

Hmm.. Barnes is the backup for Lewis and Pietrus, once those two are back from the suspension and flu, Barnes will be relegated to garbage time.

He could be Prince and Rip's backup while we wait for Daye to develop...Max for Barnes?
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Orl wouldn't do it, remember they signed Brandon Bass, and Max basically is Brandon Bass-just not as good. The bad part is that Barnes is ALWAYS available EVERY SUMMER, and for some reason NOBODY bites, then he performs well, and has to go through the same thing all over again next summer.....such an enigma that guy is.
  10. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I saw the last 8 minuts of the 4th quarter of Denver - Memphis last night!

And wow!.. O.J. Mayo scores 40 points man.. impressive.

And here comes my questions.

It seems that Tonight is Allen Iverson's debut with Memphis.. so..

Will Mayo be okey coming off the bench after a 40 point night @Denver?? :confused:

Or maybe A.I. will replace Conley? or Mayo'll play the point?
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Small Ball is the only answer when AI is on the team.
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Conley to the pine.
    AI / Mayo / Gay / Randolph / Gasol
  13. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My point being, do they really need Prince when they have Barnes?
    I know that is a bit of a knock on old Tay, but personally, I don't think there is much difference between the two.

I think Barnes would be a great backup to Tay. They could almost split the minutes down the middle.
  14. LA Dre

Three teams finally get into the win column tonight and all the games tonight were good, so those who utilized their free league pass got a great hoops show tonight.

The Clippers held on to beat the Twolves 93-90 for their first win after blowing 13 pt lead to open the second half. The Clippers big men Chris Kaman & Marcus Camby won the battle of the big men over Al Jefferson and some guy named Percherov.

The Knicks finally won their first game too, beating New Orleans as Al Harrington who scored an NBA record 42 points off the bench Saturday night popped in 24 off the bench tonight. Also contributing to the win was often injured Larry Hughes who chipped in 20 filling in for the injured Nate Robinson. Even with Chris Paul scoring 32 pts and 13 assists, the once mighty Hornets looked they peaked twp years ago.

Our favorite whipping boy AI made his debut tonight for the Grizzlies and played almost 18 mins and was 5-9 shooting.... This game was close all the way to the end and went into OT, but thanks to 48 points by Kevin Martin, the Kings went on a 14-0 run in the OT and beat the Grizz 127-116 after the game was tied 110 at the end of regulation.

The Kings bench outscored the Grizzly bench 67-14. At the post interview, little Kmart said he was giving the game ball to Paul Westfal for his first Kings win.

the game between the Rockets and Jazz was pretty good too as the Rockets blew it open the 4th period and had 8 players scored in double figures to beat the Jazz 113-96...when is the last time our Pistons did that?? Also our traded draft choice Chase Budinger scored 17 pts and not all of it was in garbage time.....

The early game I watched was a slug-fest between Nets and LB's Bobcats. The Nets went about 12 mins without a FG from the end the second qtr to the end of the 3rd scoring only 7 pts. The game was so ugly that there were only 23 assists and 44 turnovers between the two teams. The Cats won the game 79-68.

Nice night to see how the other teams play ball while we waited to see how our guys are preparing for their next game.....oh yeah I turned on the pip and watched the Phils stave off elimination and hold off the Yanks...for a game 6..

Enjoying CSI Miami right now and then I am hitting the sack
  15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Once again and everyone repeat after me..."There were alot of problem with the team last year above and beyond AI's presence on the team....There were alot of problems with the team last year above and beyone AI's presence on the team..."

:yellowprison: Just call me the AI Revisionist History Police. Brother.
  16. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I was at the Sacramento Kings home opener tonight against the Grizzlies. I wore what must be the most unpopular jersey in the history of authentic jerseys...my very expensive Allen Iverson #1 Detroit jersey. I mean, probably even he would have frowned if he'd seen me in the stands. But then I thought if I'm not going to wear this jersey to this game, where the heck am I going to wear it? Anyway, there were a few other diehard Iverson fans there who appreciated it.

Anyway about the game. I don't really care for either team. It's a shame I keep moving to towns with such bad teams. First Seattle, now Sacramento. Memphis can't take care of the ball to save their lives, they have over 20 turnovers for the game and that doesn't begin to describe the tenuous feeling of the ball handling of everyone on the team. Sacramento can't seem to make a free throw all game. Neither team plays defense.

Now for the bright spots. Rudy Gay has a very sweet stroke on his jumpshot. Zach Randolph wowed me with outside shooting with a nice arc and precision here and there. Kevin Martin bores me to tears but he does hit, I just like a little dazzle with my dead on shooting. Andres Nocioni, a former Bull, stole the show with his 3 pt fireworks IMO. Marc Gasol impressed with his composure and his willingness to keep banging away inside to get his shot.

Sad to say, but Sacramento is pretty forgettable, but then I think Portland is too. I just don't like teams that don't drive to the basket. All that pull up outside shooting is just yawn city to me.

Allen Iverson played 4:27 in the end of the first quarter. I don't think any of the second quarter. Not much or any of the third I think. Most of his minutes were in the fourth. He only had one sequence where he cut through to the basket; he was on the perimeter passing to the other guards and most of the time he was out there he was playing the point and passing to OJ Mayo and Rudy Gay. I had my superduper binoculars so I could monitor his demeanor on the bench (I know you guys don't care about this but I do) and he seemed to be in good spirits and having a good time with the other guys on the team. So I was happy that I bought a more expensive ticket to see his debut with his new team and I must say again I am ever so happy that he is no longer a Piston and I can follow him in relative peace now. Thank you and good night. :)
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm happy you found the rainbow after the storm subsided. :)

You're a true fan of the game K.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

1 game.

Grizzlies, Iverson off to rocky start - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
  19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Memphis does have some talent. I can't believe how open Sac left Rudy Gay for the game tying shot in regulation. That was pathetic.

The coach didn't play AI much, but he did put him in on their last possession, so he showed some faith in him.