Orlando Magic Tuesday November 3 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Strange game. Probably DHo's worst in a long time... maybe ever?

Nice job on D by our bigs (especially Ben and secondarily Kwame) and nice job attacking by our guards.

Also, we seemed to get a lot of respect from the refs.

Wilcox was just sort of there. 0 points, 1 rebound, 1 foul, and 1 turnover in 16 minutes? You'd think Maxiell could do better than that, but who knows what we would have given up on D.
  2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

hard effort and not complaining nonstop goes along ways with the refs....

was so refreshing to watch.. as i said in chat it felt alot like 02-03..... record be damned i can invest my emotions into this team because the team is emotionally involved night in and night out.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's a good thing I am so tired, because I am pretty pumped up about this win.

I don't think we could beat Orlando in a best of 7 or anything, but I am happy to see Q back to using the bench, sitting guys out, and the energy and passion of our 3 guards.

Bynum is just blood and guts. I couldn't believe when he hit those 3 jumpers, but even the moxie to go inside and foul out DHo after getting his eye poked.

He doesn't know when to quit going full throttle.

He might be the love child of Crash Mengelt and Allen Iverson. His crossovers on Nelson had me grinning ear to ear. At one point, he was so aggressive and determined to get to the hoop, everyone on the Magic was staring at him dribble and not at their own man.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

38 to 16 in FTA's!

I loved the strategy of having the guards drive at Howard and create contact. Always thought we should have done that with Shaq.

Will Bynum was great, but a big part of it was him hitting his jump shots. Hopefully all of his shooting practice over the summer means that his shot will be like this more often. Stuckey too.

This could be our best win of the season. Savor it.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I didn't realize how big this was. I just checked out Doug Stats, and we held Orlando 33 pts under their first 3 games average.

It doesn't matter if they can't defend our guards, we won this game on defense.

After tonight, we're top 3 or 4 in Def PPG and Def FG%.

I know we're playing slow, but with healthy offensive players, I like our chances of being able to go .500 this season.
  6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Great win. It seems like I haven't seen a scrap and fight win like this in a number of years. Bynum was great down the stretch. Big Ben was vintage Ben (yet again). BG Hit tons of timely shots (those FT's are huge too!). Rodney carried us in the first half, and I love the 9 boards from a guard.

I do think we need to add some offense up front without question. The offense turns ugly when you've got Jerebko, Kwame, and Ben Wallace up front. All that can really happen is iso's from our guards for jumpshots.

One thing on Stuckey... Maybe he's not in great shape or just too big right now? A pattern is starting to develop. He'll have a great first half, then he has noticeably less lift in the 2nd half. Resulting in getting blocked more and having jumpers come up short. Maybe he's carrying too much bulk around trying to guard these little guys that it wears him down early? Just a thought.
  7. max

max All-Star

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I mean it was tough to score without Rip but there was certain flow to the offense where they were not waiting for the defense to setup before making a play.

Defense was great. What more can you say. Won this one with defense.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Note that Stuckey played small forward in this game about half the time. (Most of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.) Of course, thats still good rebounding for a small forward.
  9. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Beating Orlando and Van Dumby is especially fun. Howard must have come in thoroughly overconfident knowing he wouldn't be facing Sheed.

Get used to it - it will be a season of big emotional swings. I'm now completely undepressed and am noting that without two third quarter meltdowns this team would be four and none.
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Well I have now seen Orlando play and I am definitely not impressed. I guess this is why I am not a stat guy.

I think it helps to not have scorers up front at the 3, 4 and 5 spots. It lets the guards do what they do and not have to think. They are not passing.

Is Gortat Polish for offensive foul?

Dwight Howard still commits a lot of dumb fouls.

The DVR curse has made its' way to me. In the 2 Piston wins I have been watching the games live while doing stuff at home. In the 2 losses I have been attentively watching a recording of the game.
  11. Stereodave

Stereodave First Round Draft Pick

What a fun win!
    Solid defense up front and really aggressive guard play, I enjoyed watching this game a lot.
    Yes, Orlando missed some open threes that they could hit next time but that is the problem with three point shooting, sometimes they just don't fall.

Wil Bynum is making a statement! :):):)
  12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

HEYYY_AYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pound:
  13. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Some randumb observations from last night:

- Ben Wallace is amazing and playing at a DPOY clip (yeah, I know, It's early). His numbers don't even show half of what he's bringing to this team.

- Weezy had a pretty "binary" looking stat line. Add to that, he doesn't even do the little things. I'll hold out until he has a larger body of work for me to judge but so far, I ain't impressed.

- Ben Gordon was the best "PG" on the floor last night. Aside from hitting his shots, he facilitated well had was prolly the only guy the swung the ball from side to side.

-The Pistons as a team only had 8 more assists than I did last night. This has a lot to do with Rip being out of the lineup as he's one of the only dudes on this roster that needs to be fed in order to eat. I can't remember a time when we had so many one-on-one guys.

- Props to Stuck for snagging 9 boards.

- Villan will come around. He looks out of sync on offense but that'll happen when you miss the pre-season. As soon as he gets better - the team will get better.

- What the heck is the deal with J-Max not getting any run. Weezy was stinking up the joint and prolly shoulda got yanked for Maxiel. ...Might have something to do with the "Brandon Bass factor".

- Gutsy effort by Will [STRIKE]Blalock[/STRIKE] Bynum. Dude didn't pass the ball once the entire game but still had a good one.

- Aside from being a heluva defender, Ben Wallace gets calls. The refs seem to respect his hard work.

- It's been four games and I'm STILL in Kuester's camp.
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

In honor of KGREG (my first name IS Greg) and Pleanette (wannatapthat) Pearson, I'll copy his comments to OLDSKOOLHQ's BLACKBOARD, but I'll add:

- Vince carter is a stone joke.
    - If yall dont love BBBBen again, u will never ever never LOVE him...OOOOooooo!
    - Tay Prince's streak is actually 642 games ,including playoffs. He deserves a rest.
    - Why no BEN gong!!!!! on his defensive plays? F Tom Wilson! :pound:

- Wil Imgonnagetmine did his thang in the 4th, BUT, Does he know we have #7 on the weak side?

- trade stuckey WHILE WE CAN

- carmelo anthony will win MVP..we drafted darko.
    Whats more shocking? Pistons defense or lack of offense?
  15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Trade prince, max anD stuckey for Stoudamire and their back up point guard,Drajic.
  16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Its only 4 games....shut up......:pound::pound::pound:luv ya!
  17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Charlie V had 12 pts and 8 rebounds...How different was THAT from sheed's average? And defensively, what has he given up in 4 games?
  18. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Best thing so far is the complete lack of whining and complaining to the refs. Of course we were getting some calls, but this seems to be a trend this year. Of course not having RIP and Tay on the court helps this tremendously. Go out an play, finally.
  19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

howard's worst game ever JUST HAPPENEd to be with him playing against BBBBBBBen!! :pound:
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

everyone's stealing MY act...I deserve a 'contributor' status or at least 'ICON"...LOL:pound: