Orlando Magic Tuesday November 3 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'November 2009' started by roscoe36, Nov 2, 2009.

1. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

I told you guys it would be close. Who was calling for the blow out? Haha. I didn't get to see the second half, but sounds like a good finish.
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

It wasn't too hard picking the upset... The Magic can not check our guards... Howard will be in foul trouble a lot this year.
    We also had the physical 5's to keep Howard from dominating.

I'm still waiting to see what everyone else is so excited about Jerebko for... he's offensively challenged and just an average defender... his game is solely based on hustle play (Janitor 2)... I noticed he was being left open on the perimeter.... IMO Daye could have done much more with equal minutes.

Also don't have a problem with the low assist for his one game... our guards rightfully had the offensive mismatches.
  3. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

what's up with he Max DNP? Legit or was he not feeling well at the last minute?
  4. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

OMG!!!..

Man I Can't beilive it!!!!! Ben Wallace IS A GOD!!!

I'M SO HAPPY MAN.. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS MYSELF..

I'cant watch the whole game (only 4th quarter) because I come home late from practice, but I recorded it, And I'll watch it the next few days..

But man.. what a performance from Bynum - Stuckey - Gordon!!!

And Kwame wasn't that bad either!!! I.. kind of like his post moves..

What I Like:

·Maxiell playing time (DNP)

·Ben Wallace = god

·Kwame getting fouled a lot..

·Bynum only shooting 2s and No 3s

What I Don't like:

·Starting Jerebko (I think Summers could have done a better game)
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I like how HQ does his random thoughts during thegame so I'm going to steal his stee-lo on this one:
    • I really like what JJ brings to the game, defending Vince Carter, JJ is going to be Ohh-Tay!! Lots of hustle and eventually that offense is going to come together for him.
    • No Tayshaun!!!! Paaaaaaarrrrr-TAY!!!!!
    • Stuckey looks EXTREMELY comfortable when he's not running the point and can just be a scorer.
    • Ben Gordon is worth EVERY EFFIN PENNY!!!
    • Our best attack is a 3 guard lineup.......all the more reason to say goodbye to Tayshaun.
    • Why should I care that the Magic are short handed, so are we.
    • No Max?? Who cares, $5M-WASTED!
    • Ben Wallace is only Ben Wallace in Detroit, he's pretty much worthless everywhere else Kid Rock, Eminem, Ted Nugent, and Trick-Trick need to make an Ode To Ben Wallace tribute song.
    • C'mon Wilcox, earn your frikking paycheck.
    • Summmers? Where you at playa'? I know this dude can help us.
    • Wait til Rip come back.
    • I hope Joe is trading Tay and Max for a legit PF.
    • Charlie is playing better Pick and Roll Defense, wish that offense would kick in, Still say he's just a bench player, that happens to start for us, but he ai'ght!
    • Will Tha Mutha-Effin Thrill Bynum!!!
    • C'mon Kwame, get it together, make a frikkin free throw....Good Job Kwame, with KB you just gotta take the good with the bad.
    • I like Q
  6. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Yeah I agree on predicting Orlando could not hang with our guards. I just saw a couple people call the blow out in this thread, haha. When our guards are on it's going to be hard for alot of teams to stop them.

This team is exciting, win or lose this is going to be a good season.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Merc you know you my, Main Man-50 Grand, but I disagree, I actually see what JJ can possibly bring to the table. I think he gives us just as much as Max, for under $500K, plus he's 6'10", and he has upside, we both know that there is no upside to Max, can you imagine if we had tried to put Max on Carter? I'm liking JJ he's OK in my book. Don't get me wrong, JJ to KGreg is not the same as Lee to Amir - by no stretch, but he's OK, he just needs a little floor time.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Loved watching this one. A hard fought win with our guys going to the basket constantly. 38 free throw attempts. Bynum, Stuckey, and Gordon each scored at least 20. Stuckey had at least 9 rebounds, playing small forward about half the game.

We overmatched their guards completely. Howard fouled out and only played 17 minutes. Just 8 points for superman. Kwame was a big part of that, drawing 3 of the fouls on Howard.

Wilcox got to play and looked rusty - probably from not playing. Maxiell did not play. Daye scored his first bucket as a Piston on the end of a fast break.

Bynum got his eye poked pretty bad. Bruised the corner of his eye but he came back in and scored 10 in the 4th quarter for us as we pulled this one out.

Stuckey started out hot. Stuckey was plowing inside all game - well, especially in the first half where he scored 15. Bynum was getting inside too but also hitting several outside shots. Gordon managed 23 points on just 10 shots - getting 11 of 11 from the line. That is efficient.

Jerebko started at small forward and played just about the whole first quarter. He did well pulling down rebounds on both ends. Decent quickness and speed too getting down the floor. His couple of 3 tries just missed. His one on one defense on small forwards was ok, not great. Adequate. Jerebko also got in here and there the rest of the game, but I don't think more than 2 minutes at a time. Including the 3rd quarter where Bynum came in very early, moving Stuckey to small forward, where he played much of the 4th quarter as well as much of the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Orlando, as far as I recall, did not manage to take advantage of Stuckey playing out of position even once.

Villanueva quietly had a pretty decent game. Got some bounds, seemed plenty tough enough for this Orlando team on defense - and scored some for us - including some around the basket.

Ben Wallace was big on D, especially to start the game. Kwame drew plenty of fouls, and sometimes they were guarding him with Bass since both Gortat and Howard ended up fouling out in this one. He did not do a lot, but his fouls drawn helped weaken their D.

Orlando starts Reddick and Nelson, which means our guards were pretty much free to do as they please. Meanwhile our guards contained theirs just fine.

Now thats 4 games where our defense was pretty good. Tonight our offense was not so great in the 2nd quarter, when it seemed maybe we did too much subbing all at once. Just not enough scorers out there. But hey, the starters were getting rest. Not much rest at all for Stuckey or Gordon in the 2nd half. The rotation still needs work. Still, Kuester has involved quite a few guys already.

Its interesting, with JMAX not playing, and Rip and Tay out with injuries, we had none of our team out there from even 4 years back. Stuckey was the longest serving Piston out there at 3 years. Wilcox, Jerebko, Gordon, Daye, Bynum, Kwame, Atkins and Ben Wallace played. Atkins played very little. And yet we beat a team that had been cruising thru their first few game. Maybe there is hope for this season yet.

Again, a great defensive tone set early, and the whole team buying into playing D from end to end of this game. Good stuff.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I stand corrected...never count out the Pistons for playing down to the competition and up for the real competition. We didn't need no stinking Rip...to win this..Just needed some tough players to fight out a tough win by doing as much one-on-one as possible such as Will and Rodney who took 35 of our 72 shots..and only allowed our best and highest paid shooter Ben Gordon to take 10 shots...

You have to wonder if Tay had been there would he have slowed the game down more with his over dribbling and if had Max had played. how may rebounds would have he missed out on allowing the Magic to get second chance ops??

Let's also thank Villanueva and Wilcox for leaving Ryan Anderson open enough to allow him to shoot eleven three ball attempts and miss ten of them. Every time he shot we were able to not only dodge a bullet, but grab a long rebound and race down to the other end.

It was ugly without you Rip, but a beautiful win !!!!:cheers:
  10. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The three guard line up was nice tonight, but that was against a slow magic guard line-up (Gordon could handle Reddick all day, as well as Bynum blowing by Nelson).
  11. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

But I predicted a 130 - 85 score. What happened.
    The Magic musta been overconfident.
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

At least you got the 85 right :)
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Will Bynum happened.
  14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was thinking the same thing, with Rip and Tay out, the old core was completely gone and we saw the true next-generation Pistons. It sure is fun to speculate about whether Tay and Max might actually be getting ready to be traded (I'm not so sure), but even cooler is to see how well our new guys CAN play.

:rockon:

By the way people, don't come in all doomy and gloomy when we lose but then when we win say that you're excited to watch the team no matter what. It's so LAMO!!!!! :MusicBigGrin:
  15. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Have to wait about 15 to 20 games. It does look like a three guard attack--especially Rip, Gordon and Stuckey with CV and Ben could be tough in crunch time. Very hard to defend I would imagine.

Can we get any scoring from our bigs? Please. I don't know--is there another NBA team with as little scoring from the bigs after four games?

Ben Wallace. Did you see that play near the end and then the big rebound? Now that is a real defensive player--I haven't seen that in crunch time since, well, since Ben left the Pistons.

Can you imagine what a force Ben Gordon would be with a complete team around him? The Bulls made a big mistake.
  16. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

I've seen Anderson shoot 3's before. He is good shooter. We were lucky with him missing all those wide open 3's ... This will not be the case everytime we play them, knowing that the next time we play them would be on their court and soon.

17. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

My fav stat line.

Ben Gordon 23 points, 0-0 3pta
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Some of those 35 three ball attempts were wide open looks so yeah we were lucky they didn't fall.

There is no way we should allow them to get off that many three point attempts down in Orlando on Friday.... they only hit 10 tonight, but that could be 12 or 13 makes next time and enough to beat us if Howard is getting his 20-25 in the middle.
  19. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

-I like Ben Gordon. I love what he brings.
    -I don't like Charlie V at all so far.

I'm absolutely baffled at our dominance over Orlando. even if D-Ho didn't get much time, we were missing guys ourselves.
  20. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

It's 2:45 AM Here... Tomorrow I'm going to wake up at 9:30 AM.. but I can't sleep!! I'm to excited with this win man..!!!!

Thanks Pistons!

No matter what I've said..

Even Last year which sucks.. I am and I will be a Detroit Pistons Fan till the day I die.. And who Knows.. Maybe dead too I'm still going to be a Pistons Fans..

And no matter who team we face and how deep we are, I'll watch every single game..

And If I live in Detroit.. well.. I would go to watch every single game to The Palace or to any other place.

----------------------------

@Smoooth:

Yes!! Bynum didn't try a 3pt too!!

Maybe the answer is shooting inside the arc.. Who knows..

But we play great.. Why I have noticed is that there weren't so much fans in the Palace!! a Lot of empty seats!!!

I don't know about that, so I'll ask. Are the prices of the tickets too high? (I think perhaps I didn't express myself good in that question.. let me know if you don't understand me :D )