Home Orlando Magic Tuesday Jan 22 2013

Discussion in 'January 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

vs Orlando Magic

Tuesday Jan 22 2013 - 7:30 PM EST

Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Dre kinda reminds me of the previous freak of nature pictured above. although I actually believe Dre will have a better offensive arsenal when its all said and done.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Time for payback from that loss we suffered back in December... also free League Pass until Sunday 1/27 for those who want to enjoy the Pistons and other teams this week..

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Another blowout brewing. Pistons by 21.

6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Stuckey for Reddick straight-up.

7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Is it legal to have two Duke players on the same team in the NBA?

8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Yes.
    However, having three UConn players on the same team will cost you big time!

Walter, LA Dre and copper like this.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good win tonight by the Pistons, pulling away from a 2 pt half time lead to a 15 point win. The Pistons led by as many as 21 midway through the 4th quarter.

Once again, we can credit the success to Dre, who came in with about 4 and change left in the 3rd and turned a 12 pt lead into a 16 pt lead with an alley-oop from Bynum and then the patented steal and dunk that he normally gets every game. Both he and Max finished with 11/11 as the Pistons won the battle of the boards 54-41.

Monroe had a slow first half but really turned it on in the second and even had two dunks in one game...

Will continued to impress, delivering 15 pts, 6 assists and only 1 turnover. The Pistons took care of the ball with only 8 TO's the whole game, with three of those coming in the last 4 mins of the game when only the final score was unknown, but a Piston victory was a certainty.

Spell check did not take a shot until the 4th and that was fine because Reddick did not miss a shot until early in the 4th leading the Magic with 26 pts.

The Celtics lost, so don't look now, but the Pistons are just four games out of the playoffs....

basketbills and kpaav like this.
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I really enjoy watching Drummond and Bynum play. Drummond's minutes went up slightly which only means that Monroe's had to go down.

I do not enjoy Lawrence Frank.

LOL at Bynum getting beat backdoor for a layup while Blaha lauded him "for having eyes in the back of his head".

LOL pas deux at Stuckey crumbling to the floor while throwing a 6' bounce pass. I was hoping he'd be out 6-8 weeks. Great alley opp dunk from Bynum though. That might be his career best dunk.

LOL #3 at Knight losing the handle pushing the ball up-court and having the ball bounce over his shoulder before feeding Bynum for a layup.

11. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I was glad to see the team come out of halftime with a little fire in their eyes and attack. Max had his obligatory good game for the month so Im sure we'll see 5 and 5 til mid feb. I was actually glad to see Dre struggle in the first half and come back in the second, Other members of the team seem to pout and sulk when they dont play well....this kid is really gonna be special. It should also be noted that Larry did try to get Dre some burn with the starters in the first quarter...but every single one of them couldnt put a lob up to save their lives. Bynum comes in and Wham...I mentioned to someone else earlier that I have been the biggest " Dre needs to be starting" preacher...but I honestly have changed my mind...unless...he gets to bring Bynum with him. Which shouldnt be a problem since Bynum is the only Guard we have that can actually keep the offense moving.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The Pistons starters came out slow, and we got behind 22-11. Stuckey and Drummond were subbed in, and we did a 12 - 1 run, ending the quarter up 26-25.

Bynum started the 2nd quarter, a quarter that we won by a point. Bynum doing great? Hmm. Singler was part of the bench tonight and was not positive during that time on the floor. Drummond was plus 3, Daye, minus 4, and CV plus 1. Some nice stuff from Will, but by no means did he effect the game much. Our bench is still puttering with him running it. Stuckey's play made it just good enough.

Our starters really turned it around in the 3rd, both playing more active D and scoring more, with Monroe switching it up a bit by starting his moves from further out so the defenders had to follow him.

Knight had a fine game, made some threes when left open. Played good D. And made good decisions all game.

What is a shooting guard. Look at Reddick. He catches off a pick, turns and shoots, and nails it, all seemingly in one motion. What we have in Stuckey and Knight?, guys who can hit an open shot when the attention is off them.

CV did hit 2 more threes. Again, nothing inside. He did pull down some bounds though to contribute something more than the 3's.

Drummond, and Monroe, had break - a - way scores off steals. Maxiell had a double double, nearly all of it in the 1st half. No rebounds, I believe, in the 2nd half. Drummond also had a double double. Bynum got an alley oop to him immediately upon coming in. Which is impressive since everyone in the known universe must have know that was coming. Then Bynum uses all the attention to get inside himself twice and once hit Stuckey in the corner for a three.

Drummond did a couple of pretty impressive things in this game. He scored off a second effort on his part after a lob did not work out, and his offensive rebound, while nothing new, was impressive. His defensive rebounds were sometimes simply from nobody else having near his "height." (Combo of actual height, reach, and ups.) He is basically just a rebounding monster under that hoop. Oh, and a couple more blocks.

Singler only scored 6, but I believe that was all in the 3rd quarter run that gave us control of the game, giving Orlando one more guy to worry about. All midrangers. Plenty of rebounds from him too.

Kim English got to play a few minutes. Made a layup. Missed his 3 attempt.

Daye played only in the first half. Missed his 2 three attempts.

Stuckey tweaked his ankle. Maybe he will miss the next game? Two tough ones coming up, Chitown tomorrow night and Miami on Friday.

About all I can think of at the moment. Great to see another win, and this current hot streak for the Pistons continue.

Laimbrane likes this.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice line for the guy (Will Bynum) that didn't effect the game much.

15 points, 7-14 FG, 1-1 FT, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 turnover, 1 blocked shot, plus 6 in 26 minutes.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Bynum's Pistons highlights:
    • 20 assists in a game (Has he done it more than once?)
    • 25(?) points in a quarter
    • He successfully executed an alley-oop with Rodney Stuckey (a legitimate, long alley-oop)
    I only watched parts of this one and missed Knight's solo PG runs where I'm presuming he did most of his scoring. While I was watching Bynum I was trying to think of any facet of the game that Knight was better at than him. Stand still shooting was all I could think of.

They can't start Bynum, he has to come off of the bench. Knight has to be looking over his shoulder.

15. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Lee, Im not sure what Stuckey you are watching...but the one I saw playing for the Pistons is maybe playing just below average and is in no way helping anyone else get any type of offence going. He is basically doing what he is naturally inclined to do which is shoot the ball when he is open and someone else gets it to him.( 2 guard) Bynum on the other hand is "running" the team when he is out there. Wil was never one of my favourite players but he seems to have found his niche when he gets on the floor he is pestering on defense and Im sure some of that is knowing Drum is behind him to erase mistakes. He is also putting tonnes of pressure on the defense and forcing them to make adjustments and either collapse on him which is when he lobs it to drum ( he seems to be the only member of the team that can do it correctly) or if the defense pulls in to help? he is kicking it out to a shooter at the 3 pt line...which on occasion was the aforementioned Stuckey. There is a night and day difference to Stuckey steamrolling to the hoop and "rarely" looking to pass to a teammate and hoping for a foul call. Bynum just seems to be in a groove and comfortable in driving the team, and they seem content to go along for the ride.
    I was a Stuckey fan, but he has certainly regressed over the years and I dont see him ever being a pg that can start and lead a team in any way other than offensive fouls.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

If Knight had this line, but his starters continued to play like they did to start the game, his name would be mud. Stat lines don't impress me as much as whether a guy is playing his role. Under Bynum, our bench is not thriving. It is closer to disintegrating with him running the bench unit. Tonight, it was Stuckey that made the unit actually work, and in my opinion, if you got Bynum out of Stuckey's way, Stuckey would do far better.

17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Knight is 21. Bynum is 30. Sure, at some point you have to produce, but if you're not a contender, you have to be patient with your youngsters.

BallDon'tLie and brofmfa like this.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

That's a fair point. I didn't mean to compare them so directly. It was more a backhanded compliment towards Will. He's a backup.

I just don't see a basketball player when I watch Knight though. He's just sort of there.

kpaav and KGREG like this.
  19. copper

copper Bench Warmer

How are those hallow stats? and what did stuckey do that made the unit work? Lee, Ive agreed with you on numerous players and beliefs but I have to disagree wholeheartedly on this subject. Bynum is outplaying Stuckey in just about every aspect of the game except height at this point. Whats more, he has the rest of the players playing hard and running with him. Daye has fallen off production wise in the second unit, but that just seems to be Daye reverting back to his former self. He has been getting looks but he is missing, or refusing to shoot, which is worse because it would indicate he lost his confidence again.

20. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Knight looks like he has a bit of the Austin Daye complex...he will be very aggressive and be playing all star level and a simple whistle or bad call or a missed shot and his shoulders slump and he is lost. If anyone can get some confidence in a can for these youngsters please send it to championship drive.