Orlando Magic March 9th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 2, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well Du, if you are still awake (it's midnite here) FSD is replaying the game right now (channel 663 on Direct TV) for League Pass subscribers> Unfortnautely DTV will let you DVR the live games, but not these middle of the night games....so I will watch a little of it before I drift off ZZZZZZ

2. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Seriously? They said that? LOL

Didn't see the game, but I'm happy to see the Pistons winning again.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yeah, Dice called him Fabio in this video segment they did on how he always wins player of the game in the polls even if he plays bad or only a couple minutes. I think Dice or Rip said fans love "his hair". lol

It might not have been George, it might have been Greg on the broadcast crew though. The segment was pretty funny. Although the last time they did a segment like that on Kwame, he lost his starting job, so for Walt's sake, I hope this isn't the kiss of death.

4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I think that was the most fun I've had watching a game in a long long time. So many great plays, and back-and-forth action. Dice was a MONSTER on the glass. Rip's passing was as good as I've ever seen. A good % for dunks/layups too. Kwame was solid. More importantly, EVERY single player on the floor wanted NOTHING more than to win. Everyone was going after it. Great to see.

No matter how many times it happens, beating Orlando is still a great feeling. I hate SVG.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We played Sheed-less from the 2nd quarter on and Orlando had as many free throws as Field goals.

That we won AT ALL is pure gold.

6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great game. Curry finally subbed early in the first, with both Dyess and Prince out around the eight minute mark. Probably gave them more energy in the second half.

So, does Walt put up more shots per minute than any player in the league? Actually not, but it sure seems that way. Young man ain't shy.

7. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

8. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Best game of the year.

Dyess had a month off...why are we worried about him being tired for the playoffs?

Walter as Dr. J...the Max one handed alley oop dunk. This game was full of plays of the year.

The whole idea of Rip being traded...which I thought was a good idea...seems ridiculous now. But Rip is not the Griever anymore. He must have got to that 5th stage of grieving or the genius benching by Coach Curry turned him around.

The other Rip who seemed uninspired and destined to be traded is gone.

9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

That's awesome lee!!!

I agree with all those who said that this game was fun to watch.
    Good ball/player movement and flow on offense.
    When was the last time this team had 30 assists?

(PS) Herrmann was -7

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I know what you're saying, but there is a big difference between the C's and PF's out there. I mean Rashard Lewis is a PF. Lamar Odom. Kirelenko.

And Dyess isn't a statue, he's just a little slow side to side. He makes up for it in stength.

But that's why we have Max and Amir. Big man diversification.

Did you see Kwame throwing his weight around out there? He's a big dude. Even when he was late to box out and he was going up against Howard, he seemed able to pinball him out of there.

We have a big man for every occasion.

11. basketbills

I hope this opens the door for Kwame to get more pt.

Where did he learn that line drive free throw shooting technique? Blaha got excited once when one of them almost went in.

12. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Kwame 5-6, played 26 minutes and what surprises most is 0 turnovers. When was the last time he played so many minutes and has 0 turnovers? Kwame needs to play when we play against 'BIG' centers. Even against the likes of Perkins and Powes.

Rip is huge since coming back to the starting line up. Honestly, I have not seen him played like that since 2006. Same goes for his former backcourt buddy, CB. Both of them have not play like that since 2006. If they did, we would have at least another title since 2004.

If MC can use the bench depending on matchups, I have a feeling we will march all the way at least into the ECF.

13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I've only seen a few games but the guy is trying. He's moving his feet and he has the lateral speed to match a driving big man.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Because this is what we do and because he is taking time from Max and Amir. Dyess should get not more than 3 minutes per game. Max had 1 rebound last night.

15. basketbills

Good points. I think Amir can be brought in as a situational player with a similar role to the one AA had last year. We bring him in as a "tempo changer" for the last 7 -10 seconds of each quarter. Now...if he gets comfortable in that role and does not foul out, we gradually increase his seconds.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Mainly because he's middle aged.

Here is a quote from Dyess himself about the game yesterday.

Why would he be tired? Because he older than the other guys and he's used to coming off the bench.

A tired Dyess in the playoffs is not going to get us to the promised land (2nd round).

17. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I personally would like to see AJ get Max's minutes. The stats seem to show that we will get more of AJ playing those minutes then Max.

Max last night played almost 19 minutes had 4 points, 1 rebound, 1 block and 4 fouls. I know his points are of the spectacular variety but think we could be getting more.

Maybe this wasn't the game for AJ due to his size but still don't like all his DNP's.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Sheed getting injured is not good, but I sometimes wonder who might have shown something if there were more opportunities like the one Kwame received last night.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We don't want AJ on the bench, we need him on the bench.

On the Kwame tip, he's been as good as advertised this year in my opinion. We've won several big games with him getting significant minutes. He's mildly clumsy with the ball at times, but he doesn't take many bad shots, sets big screens, and plays solid defense.

If he gets too many minutes, I could see hack-a-Brown coming from guys like Popovich. Those FT's were as bad as it gets.

20. basketbills

Just for fun I visited magicmadness.us to see what Denny and the gang had to say. Here is a typical post: