Orlando Magic March 9th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 2, 2009.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I havent got to Lee's post yet, but I cant wait for to read his spin on how Dyess really looked old out there without Amir to replace Sheed tonight! :nerner:
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I thought 'I" was the only one to notice. I was like 'WHO THE HELL IS DAT!!??" LMAO
  3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I said the same thing....right as he hoisted up shpt number 25 to put the Magic to bed! As my wife said at the time to me "Nah! ShuddUP!":laugh:
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Yes, Bill u were right. I just put those stats to good use. But my toilet got jammed anyway.
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Orlando fans did.

LOL. If he is, he's an idiot j/k. Amir and AA can't contribute from the bench so comparing them to Hermann's minimal contribution is puzzling to me.

For every good play Hermann makes we're lucky if it replaces his bad ones at a good %.

The problem with relying on bad bench players is they get exposed when you actually play great teams in the PO's. Hermann's defense will get eaten alive when it matters. Is Curry planning on putting him on LBJ, Pierce?, etc.

Playing Aaron reaps the benefits of a good defender who will get comfortable with his shot, and at this point is still a better scorer than Hermann.

But hey it's cute for a win or two in March.

KB's post defense is also an asset, but when he's playing like an idiot you have to know when to take him out. Curry's biggest problem is that when things are going wrong he sits on his hands. I'd rather be developing an effective PO strategy than "getting by". We took 31 more shots than ORL and won by 4 with their starting PG and SF out. Not diminishing the win b/c we didn't have Sheed and we showed heart, but keeping it in perspective. Those rebounding advantages won't always be there.

It's like the last two years when we've played ORL well and then faced teams that were actually good in CLE/BOS.

edited to add;

maybe the trick to getting PT from Curry as a bench player is to be overall really bad so when you do something good it's 10x more exciting and seems like a much bigger deal.
  6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Now do u see why everytime these guys bring up stats , i break out my ice pick!!:laugh:

Walter was a momentum changer in this one, if for nothing else he makes the team laugh. Kinda of like a more atheletic Chuck Nevitt, u know.

Then he says Dyess' performance was TOO good. Lawd, help me.

Three very inspirational wins in the last week and not a bad loss in Atlanta.

Heres a DYK: The Pistons have a 4-0, 7-0, and 5-1 streak this year. Thats 16-1 in those games and 16-29 in the rest.

Have THE REAL pistons stood up?

Like ive said, the only stats that matter to me are W and L's.
  7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Whoops, I screwed up and thought this game was tomorrow...wanted to catch it but didn't see any of it at all. Playing Orlando definitely seems like the cure for anything ailing the Pistons.
  8. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Didn't see the game tonight, but you're the first one to mention that this was a very close game. Maybe too close.

Rip must have had some big touches tonight, and offensively this can get you into trouble in the playoffs as routine follows the past season as habit.

The key for me about this Orlando club, is Hedo Turkoglu. He has been in a big slump. Hope he stays that way.

In playing Orlando in the playoffs...becareful what you wish for.

Nelson being out has made this a shadow team. I guess this might point out to most, how important an open-ended PG makes a huge difference. Big mistake on the GM side in not getting an adequate replacement.
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Its OK..admit it Du and Pass!! U were watching Dancing with the stars just as I was!! :greenapple: The difference is that I had PIP on! LOL
  10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

What Bill failed to mention is that we played Sheed-less from the 2nd quarter on and Orlando had as many free throws as Field goals.

That we won AT ALL is pure gold tonight.
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Herrmann was sure a momentum changer. Lets see, we were up 16-11 when he entered the game. Hmm, down 3 a few minutes later. Thats minus 8 in his first few minutes. (He ended up minus 7 for the game.)

The thing that really changed - we had quite a good defensive game going until he came into the game. Orlando immediately began to score readily on us, while Herrmann never caught up to a single play to affect it.
  12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Will somebody else take this one for me....please?
  13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

FOX Sports on MSN - NBA - Pistons better off without Iverson

Ignore the title; It's actually a really good analysis of our offense in this game.

Points out Max's strength on defense; Dice's limitation, and the main problem Stuck seems to be having; indecision which in all i'm not too worried about. He'll get it.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Sorry if I'm late to the party with my DVR'n.

Best game of the year IMO. Felt like the playoffs.

I'm telling ya'll, we could have the best overal stable of big men in the league. Just got to use them all the right way. McDyess just had what I think was his best game this season. On top of that, we had to depend on Kwame and he delivered big time, reminiscent of the Lakers game earlier this year. And of course, Maxiell was rocking and rolling... with the best in-game dunk imaginable.

Our defense was very impressive. We seemed to play as a unit and helped out all night long. Bynum was like a mosquito out there just being annoying and disruptive to the Magic's picnic. We were facing some really tough calls, but every time we got ripped off, we came back with even more effort and hard nosed play.

But the most memorable moments from this game were all offensive:
    1) Maxiell's dunk... maybe the best of the year from a Det player? It was unexpected, in a ton of traffic, and monsterous.
    2) Herrmann's one-man fast break with the Dr. J finish. Ill advised, but awesome (because it went in).
    3) Dyess's steal and solo sprint fast break with the and-1.
    4) Rip was throwing daggers and punishing JJ Re_ick.
    5) Dyess catching fire on the college 3-point fade aways.
    6) Kwame with hands like catcher's mitts anticipating the feeds and thunder dunking.
    7) Tay getting nasty in the paint area and displaying a full arsenal of floaters, spin moves, and then 3-pointers.
    8) Maxiell sprinting the court after seeing Howard trip and getting the one hand wind-up jam resulting in an ORL timeout and a Ron Jeremy lecturing.
    9) Rip getting ripped off on a foul call, steam coming out of his ears, then taking it right at Howard to get the free throws he deserved the first time.
    10) Kwame's potential game tying free throws failing to ever get above the rim... with Stuckey reminding him to snap his wrist as he coached him after the first wounded duck.

Man, I forgot how much fun basketball could be to watch. I love these guys.

[​IMG] (MC)

[​IMG] (the real Pistons) :bolt:Sheed
  15. linwood

linwood All-Star

ooooooooh. Looks like Ernie is the president of the JJ Reddick Fan Club.

Ernie----->:dance:<------JJ Reddick.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

My only real worry with Dyess is that he's not going to have this energy in the playoffs. He's been spectacular at times this year. It has usually been in the 4th quarters of tight games, which makes me think that it's all about effort from him. He plays very hard when he knows we need it.

I want him to have a lot of gas in the tank in the PO's so that he can be beastly against ORL, CLE, and BOS... and then LAL.

Most of all, I'm just glad the team is finally doing him proud. That was pretty depressing how he defied all logic to come back here because he "felt like he owed it to his teammates and the fans", only to be stuck on a combusting team. Dyess is definitely the hungriest Piston and I look forward to seeing this hard play from him when it really matters.
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

He mentioned in one of the articles how he was exhausted and that was just at the start of the game.
  18. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I think this might be Sheed's last year. I mean the NBA. Dice actually will probably be useful for a longer time than Sheed, likely due to his intense conditioning.

He's looking like a hobbled old man who's post offense is only useful against mismatches. I know he was hurt again but he REALLY looks like a player at the end of the line.
  19. The Palace Artest

And no offense, but by reading this forum you would think that Dice is the 2nd worst player on this team. And that is just not true.

He's actually our best big right now. Big's aren't supposed to be fast anyways. They are here to be BIGS, whereas our OTHER GUYS are supposed to keep their perimeter guys at bay.
  20. The Palace Artest

tehehehehe

Curry already does that to his young bigs.