Home Orlando Magic Friday Nov 16 2012

Discussion in 'November 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

You should use it when your Clips play the Lakers. I have one in mind who fits that description nicely.

Re Bynum - he wasn't in rotation last year, and we did fine. Wonder why coach seems so married to him at backup point. I mean, it's not like guy's lighting the world on fire or anything. :cheeky-smiley-012:

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Singler starts and he was +17
    Stuckey off the bench and he's -19

all other players are within 10.......

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I wasn't dispirited by this loss. I was confident enough in the Pistons that I was glad when Orlando first cut into what turned out to be the last Piston lead. I liked the pace the Pistons have been playing at and I thought they would withstand the Magic run.

To be fair to Stuckey lots of guards have lost their jobs to white guys who played PF in college and were drafted in the 2nd round.

If Singler is here to stay then they should move Jerebko. They're redundant and the Pistons got too many holes elsewhere to need them both.

It was discouraging watching Orlando badly out execute the Pistons on offense down the stretch.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Knight with 12 assists tonight and the other 9 Pistons who played combined for 9 assists.

Singler had another great +/- night, but man Redick torched him.

Afflalo played out of position, had a great offensive night, but made Tay look like an all-star there for a while due to the length mismatch. One of Tay's best games in a while because of it, and also because he was just making shots.

The Bynum, Stuckey, Maggette line has got to be retired after its first appearance. That is way too many dudes doing the same exact act. I think there is a term for that, but it eludes me...

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

I would like to know what part of Drummond athletically sprinting around the court leaping to block shots the Pistons coaches finds so offensive.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I was really noticing that Singler just looks like a borderline PF physically. Pretty big guy and he actually plays big in the paint when he gets caught in the trees.

And yeah, Drummond is freaky quick. He sort of lumbers around and then has speed bursts when he needs them. It looks like he's being lazy on the rebounding by the way that he sort of conserves motion, and then he just snaps them up. Same with the blocks and even the catches under the rim. He seems to not ever drop a pass no matter how unlikely the pass is.

And tonight was the 2nd time that he pulled off the 1 man fast break this year.

On a separate note, Monroe is really hitting his stride. He knows his game like he's a 32 year old. As soon as the coach gets his act together, we really might have one of the top 5 big man duos in the league. Drummond might be raw on shots and post moves, but he can catch and finish like nobody we've ever had. And it so happens then Monroe looks like one of the best passing big men that we've ever had.

The losses aren't bothering me b/c I see so much waste that can easily be corrected.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

I really have done a 180 on Maggettte. I love seeing him out there organizing the team on the court. Is it just the contract year?

If it weren't for this years addition of Drummond it seems like the Magic would have a better front court than the Pistons right after losing Dwight Howard. Davis and that other guy didn't seem half bad.

roscoe36 likes this.
  8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Exactly my feeling, top 5 lottery pick can't hurt any way and most of "waste" are expiring contracts or have 1 year left...

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

A rotation:

First, Tay only plays as needed, especially if we can use him to exploit a matchup where they have a smaller defender on him.

Start Knight, Middleton, Singler, Monroe, Drummond

2nd unit: Stuckey, English, Daye, JMAX, (Drummond or Monroe, with Kravtsov playing some if foul trouble)

Or. Trade to get Macklin back. Then:

Same starters. 2nd unit becomes: same, except Macklin is the primary sub for the bigs so we maintain size and athleticism at all times.

We do whatever it takes to get Corliss Williamson as a coach, and have him work with JMAX on his post up skills - then JMAX comes in on occasion at small forward to slaughter their small forward. For instance, we could have a unit of:

Knight, Middleton, JMAX, Monroe, Drummond. Just like how we covered for Corliss being slow as a small forward, we have JMAX hang around the hoop with everyone else helping to cover the perimeter to some extent. And just like Corliss, JMAX tortures their small forward with post up move after post up move. I bring this up because to an extent JMAX was doing some of this last night - but its not optimized as we are not playing him at small forward, and we are not consistently posting him up.

Remember the combo of Barry and Jones in the backcourt, feeding Corliss regularly. And if not Corliss, Zelly? They had a knack for finding a way to get Corliss the ball just as he locked out his defender. They knew the feed angles so if the defense blocked one angle, the 2nd guard would be in the right spot to receive a pass and quickly feed the post from a different angle. A thing of beauty. Matter of fact, get Barry and maybe even Jones here. We got to recreate this stuff.

Back to the rotation:

So, we got a basic rotation of ten guys, Knight, Stuckey, Middleton, English, Singler, Daye, (Monroe / Drummond / Macklin / Kravtsov as a spare big.)

To that, we get to dress three more guys, though we can only play 2 of them in any game. (It was explained to me - by someone here - that the new rule is you can dress 13, but can only play 12)

Tay is dressed, and will play if the other team has three short guys in one of their units so Tay can go out and burn them. JMAX is dressed for a fifth big and to go in against their small forward if they are using a small forward who is slight of build and simply can't contend with JMAX. And finally, you got your choice of a 13th player, used for emergencies only. For now, lets say that is Maggette. No, you should not need Bynum, as between Stuckey and Knight, they have 12 fouls to give - as long as neither plays any shooting guard, we simply do not need Bynum.

Not dressed: Bynum and CV.

10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

great in theory , although not sure about the Macklin bringback though. But the fact that it makes sense and may lead to wins makes me think it will never happen.

11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Rodney Stuckey.......smh........this team's cohesion just disappears the moment he hits the hardwood.

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

It would be funny if after all these years and arguments if Stuckey really was the problem all along.

I'm posting this using the tapatalk app!!!

13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So far, we have:

When Stuckey plays: Pistons are 0-9
    When Stuckey doesn't: Pistons are 1-0

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Blame that on the team doctor who gets paid by Stuckey's posse to give favorable medical evaluations, when everyone knows it takes a week to recover from the flu..

roscoe36 likes this.
  15. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, it would be pretty hilarious if we sent Daye to Turkey.

The Low likes this.
  16. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Seems like the Pistons give up a ton of points in the fourth quarter this season. I wonder if a Bill Laimbeer-coached team gives up this many on a consistent basis.

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If this team goes 2 and 25, then we would have the same fan issues here with everyone calling to oust Frankenweenie and wanting Bill Jackson-Phil Laimbeer to coach the team and we then wind up with Stan Van Gumby...:crossed:

18. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Wouldn't it be nice if we had Spellcheck instead of Stuckey as our starting SG? How I wish that we traded Stuckey instead of Spellcheck to Denver....

19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm sure they would go for it. They were dumb enough to give us Allen Iverson for Billups....suckers!!!