Orlando February 21st, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by roscoe36, Feb 18, 2007.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Well I think Darkos gone from being a Wussy, Jake, crybay to some one who can do BIG damage in the paint.
    And I agree with those who said, "second pick was too high"...5 or 6 but not 8 or worse

2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I think Bill Laimbeer was booed at every basketball stadium or arena outside Michigan, yet he still put up consistent numbers almost every game. And I am now wondering if Bill was actually a no. 2 pick...:nono:

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

One time, when the Pistons played the Celtics at the old Boston Gardens, a fan took a chainsaw to a laimbeer poster. Right on the sideline.

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I missed that lol.

5. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i don't think he played well. i also don't think he played bad. he missed a few shots but i think they were good shots. i think he rebounded decent and got a few calls that didn't go his way. he altered lots of shots and blocked a few.

basically darko and dwight will reach a new level when the magic get some real outside threats. they play differently with diener, arroyo and jj. i think jameer is too small and slow to be a shoot first pg. the bigs basically have to make thier own move at all times against the guy they are checking plus the outside defenders sagging down.

orlando needs a coaching change. there's no way you have two big athletic 7 footers and nobody can make an entry pass. they also play a slow down game to a big man who hasn't developed low post moves yet. if they are going to do that the offense should be ran through darko who can post and pass. let darko shoot and dwight can clean up the misses this can be very effective.

6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Sorry Jay. A "missed shot" cannot be a "good shot". Not even for Darko. If it was a (good) high percentage shot and he missed it...that's even worse.

7. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

okay buddy.

8. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

why are most of the posts related to Darko?? I know it hurts that he was our second pick before wade, arenas and the rest. But we need to get over it. I did not watch the game and wanted to see more comments about how the pistons played in this game. All i see is comments about Darko. LET US GET OVER HIM.

9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons played well. They did an excellent job of neutrilizing Darko and did a good job of not playing as poorly as Darko did. Actually, I didn't see the game either. I'm just taking a shot in the dark.

On a more serious note, I'm sure you've heard of the game Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.
    Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, around here, it's One Degree of Darko Milicic. ANY discussion about ANY subject in ANY thread can be connected to Darko with 1 link.

Don't believe me? Try it. Start a thread about any subject you want and let Darko work his Orlando Magic...

10. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

If you don't grasp the concept between bad shots and good shots that miss and go in, watch a few minutes of Flip Murray.

11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I don'' know if it's sad or laughable that all the DHOF has left is:

(1) Comparing Darko to the great Flip Murray to prove Darko belongs:nerd2:

and

(2) bragging that his MISSED shots looked good.:pound: