1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Orlando February 21st, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by roscoe36, Feb 18, 2007.

1. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I have something to complain about. The Magic are now under .500, but they're still in no danger of falling into the lottery with our pick. Get it together Nets and Knicks!

2. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Webber again. But really that is not a contender there in Orlando. I mentioned this early in the season. So we can't get too excited about this win. We still have real work to do. We have to impose our will against the contenders.

Orlando is too inexperienced. They have trouble scoring and many other problems. Hey, they are not my team so I am not going to dwell on them. They are about on the level of the Clippers. So we will get about a 15th pick.

I wish Dice could finish around the hoop but his animated play and sweet jumper are fine. Can Hunter have found his shot at age 36? I still want Joe to make a move to help that second unit. Maxiel needs work. Dale is still tough.

Ok. Darko. I won't make a lot of this game or a game where he plays well either. He just wasn't a number 2 pick then and still not now. He will play better.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

44 points from the bench...I'm impressed. None from Flip jr despite playing over 8 minsutes for garbage time. I wonder or hope that this may be the last time we see Flipjr or Nazr in a Piston uniform? I guess we will know in 24 hours.

Also what's with Rip and Sheed with the technical fouls? Sheed is 1 under the limit...where is Rip at this point. We could have both these guys sitting at home at crucial times especilally with the difficult schedule in March.

Anyway good game by all and hopefully the Pistons duplicate the effort Friday night when I am in dahouse down here in O'town, I will be there with my Sheed jersey rooting them on....

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Shhhhhhh. Be vewwy vewwy quiet. I'm hunting Dahko hawl of famehs.:sssh:

:sherlock:I say ol' chap...which way did they go?

5. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

Lol what a crack up. They were here just a minute ago me thinks.... :outtahere:

Great win by the way. Lets see is there is any change in a couple of days. Me thinks not.

6. max

max All-Star

That win was easy, almost too easy. Did not even seem like the Pistons played that great and still walked away with it.

Nice to get the next game, great to demolish them again and take away some confidence. They would be 27-29 and when when you consider the hot streak they started the season with they have been playing losing ball for some time now.

Anyway, very entertaining game except for the D-league ref crew. Hopefully some of those techs will get reversed, not sure why they were even given. Very choppy game at times but you have to love how the Pistons manhandled them defensivly.

Hunter made a big difference in one of his very offensive games. Gives a sneak preview of how deadly this team can be with some help off the bench so hopefully Dumars can make something happen tomorrow.

Darko's big return, whatever. Arroyo actually got a small splattering of applause when he entered the game.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Had to go to the UIC Flames game, so just watched the Pistons on DVR.

Why do we not play Dale Davis more? It's mystifying. He's a tough SOB. 3 blocks in 11 minutes? There's our interior presence.

Overall, Sheed and Tay disappeared, but it was the best night our bench has had in quite a while. On a per minute basis, it was spectacular.

Darko- I thought it was a pretty bad performance by him. He got some good looks, but was obviously forcing it. The biggest factor was that Sheed and Webber kept him too far from the hoop for his hook shot to be reliable. On defense, he was good inside, but wasn't respecting Dyess's shot.

8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sprocket says…

Tonight was either a work of art or perhaps the ugliest basketball game seen in these parts in a while depending on your point of view. The Pistons blow the Magic out of the building with some extraordinary individual and team performances while giving up 39 free throws and allowing the Magic to shoot 47% for the game.

Starting the game for the Magic, Darko shoots two for nine from the field (one for seven in the first half) and three for eight from the line. He does have seven boards, two assists, two steals, two blocks, with one turnover and three fouls, so sad to say, no resolution to the ongoing Darko debate.

The game starts slowly with neither team playing particularly well, ending in a 22-22 tie at the two minute mark. The main bright spot for the Pistons in the first ten minutes is a good stretch from Dale Davis who boards, blocks a couple of shots, roughs Howard up a bit, and gets a dunk.

The game turns in the last two minutes of the first with a Pistons run that extends to the eight minute mark of the second. Hunter has seven points in the stretch as the Pistons outscore the Magic by eleven to push the lead to eleven. Things hold even for a while but the Pistons finish strong, outscoring the Magic by seven to push the lead at the half to nineteen. Prince falls awkwardly towards the end of the period but stays in the game after Arnie provides a magic pill on the sidelines. Thanks to Hunter, Dice, and Delfino, the Pistons bench outscores the Magic boys from the pine twenty-five to nine in the first half.

The Magic start the second half hot, hitting six of eight shots over the first eight minutes of the third. The Pistons however shoot seven for eight in the same stretch and push the lead out to twenty. The minutes before and after the quarter break again prove decisive for the Pistons. They outscore the Magic eighteen to five in the stretch led by Webber and Hunter to take a thirty-one point lead at the ten minute mark of the fourth. Webber only misses one shot in the third, a beat the clock jumper, on his way to fourteen in the period. From then on it’s extended garbage time to the final score of 110-88.

Dwight Howard pours in twenty-six with fifteen boards, but the one man show isn’t enough against a balanced Pistons attack. Webber shoots eight for ten, Billups six for eleven, and Hamilton five for ten to join McDyess and Hunter in double figures. Wallace shoots poorly for the game (two for eight), but plays a strong floor game particularly on the defensive end. Continuing the streak, Prince has another forgettable night on his way to eight points and somehow, no boards. Delfino leads the Pistons in rebounding with seven.

9. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko was nervous i think. i went to the game and didn't like the response from the crowd. darko never did anything to the fans. but he gets a chance to redeem himself on friday. orlando might have traded for a new guard by then. orlando's backcourt sucks.

10. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

well, despite Darko putting up a laugher, Sheed managed to still be outplayed by him with his nice 4 points and 6 boards on 25% shooting.

11. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

If there's a Tay, there's a way.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When Darko has as many assists as your point guards and less turnovers, then you know you have a problem.

2 assists and 3 turnovers in 30 minutes for Jameer Nelson? What was he doing? Flip Murray had 2 assists in 9 minutes... and he looked like crap.

13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Man...everyone is messing up Darko.

Low brought up a good point in chat tonight. He talked about how the stupid wind currents in the Palace messed up Darkos free throws.

But I gotta say, he sure looked good on those misses. I think I also saw J. Howard scratching his leg near the free throw line right when Darko was gonna shoot. He woulda hit that shot if not for that.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dude, you are really hung up on that comeback.

I'm just making an observation about the team we played tonight. Nothing unusual. Show me a Piston's game this year where none of our guards exceeded 2 assists (the Blalock games don't count).

In no way am I saying that it affected that one guy that you don't even think about at all.

15. max

max All-Star

I don't really care who does what as long as the Pistons win.

16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Amen, brother!

17. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I just got back from the game and I might as well take my medicine. That was one very poor Magic team that showed up tonight and they did nothing to help me educate you folks.

No excuses, they just played very poorly and the Pistons were the cause of most of it. The defense looked quite active to me. There were pokeaways all over the place as well as being able to predict just about everything the Magic were about to do.

I still can't quite get over the glee that so many of the posters here show when Darko does not play well. That the the boos every time he touched the ball. I was hoping that it would have made him a little angry and make him play better but it seemed to have a deflating effect. It seemed like he lost lhis last friend. I still don't know what he himself actually did to piss off so many people. But that is just sports, I guess.

I save my passionate hatred for opposing players who knock my players down on the floor, like Malone did to Isiah. Things like that.

Anyway, I am beginning to doubt that the Magic will make the playoffs this year, but when they get Ariza and Battie back and several other players playing up to par again, maybe they will change my mind.

I still believe that they need a point guard but they consider Jameer one of the cornerstones of the franchise. Until they change their mind and get someone like Chauncey, Jason, or Steve, they are not going to get into the upper echelon. Period!! I believe that they have most of the other pieces there, although inexperienced as yet. But PG is a pretty much insurmountable lack to have.

Anyway, the crow tasted bad but maybe something will come along to take the taste out of my mouth.

18. max

max All-Star

berbs - I think it was some of his comments. Both after the trade and apparently recently on how glad he was to get out of Detroit and how much he hated being here.

Flip Saunders had made some good points in a recent interview when he used Billups as an example of a player who succeeded partly because he never carried the baggage of any grudges.

I don't know if Darko was trying to stick it to the Pistons , if he really thinks that way.

19. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Yes, Max, I quite often wish those thoughts would be tossed in the garbage can, too. I wondered if he was using them as something to motivate himself, but they do not do that. I have not heard much about him saying them lately but they are still being reported.

However, the hating was going on before I found these forums and started posting on them. And that has been a couple of years, long before the trade and Darko's remarks.

The two sides will never get together, ever. Darko will be a total bust or will be an member of the hall of fame and still the other side will have reasons why it should not have happened. Just one of the mysteries of sports.

There are only a few players I have really hated. As you already know, Malone was the first. Bill Cartwight is the second. I can't think of anyone that I hate just because they exist. Gotta be a reason.

One thing I found out tonight. Instead of parking at the Palace and paying for it and waiting so long to get out afterwards, we ate at a restaurant across the street. They had a $3. per person shuttle that picked us up right at the East exit right after the game and we were in our cars inside of 10 minutes, driving away with no problem. I got on northbound I-75 and made tracks out of there. I think the place was called Tops, or something like that. I believe there are at least two who provide the same service.

20. max

max All-Star

lazyberbs - I thought some of his comments were recent?

True he never got a shot here and Dumars should have asked him if he would be ok not playing much for a few years before he drafted him.

Maybe Orlando will give us a great pick this summer and the healing can begin.