Orlando February 21st, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by roscoe36, Feb 18, 2007.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

That always happens, I think it happened the last time the Pistons faced the Magic also.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

How many 3s has Darko banged down? I heard Andreas Bargnani is giving him a run for the title of "the next Dirk". :MusicBigGrin:

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He has attempted 1 three-ball this year.

Since his eFG% on the inside is .522, he should probably stay in the paint. eFG% on jumpers is only .219.

... and of course, eFG = FG when you haven't made any 3-pointers.

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It's pretty funny. According to the DHOF, Darko has never done anything wrong. It's always somebody elses fault or a non DHOF looking at it wrong. The minute a non DHOF points out a flaw in his performance, they are labeled a "Darko hater".

For every one DHOF there are a hundred people in the DDAY club (Darko Done Anything Yet?)

News flash: Nobody here HATES Darko (to my knowledge). So far he is an insignificant player in the NBA. Most of us HATE the fact that Joe D. drafted him, but we know that it isn't Darko's fault.

I honestly wonder if the DHOF really believes what they are saying or if it's just an attention seeking thing for most of them.

5. roscoe36

I've wondered the same thing about the people who argue that Darko has not made any progress, or back and forth with the DHOF in general. :D

6. Darth Tater

In my particular case it's a matter of " I need a quick 5 minute study break so I'll do something mindless to clear my head...hmmm...now who can I mess with?"

7. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Most people have left the extremes. The sides are closer than you think. It's all about perception.

Most DHOF believe he will be pretty good one day, and that his growth was retarded by Pistons, but no longer believe that he will be an All-Time 50 type player.

While, most of the Darko haters are starting to accept that he doesn't suck, is not a bust, but still think he tanked it in Detroit because of a lack of mental toughness and a sense of an entitlement. And they blame him for being picked #2.

And both sides love baiting the other.

8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I try to digest as much Darko fluff as I can without responding but its very difficult to take in the that stinch of manure without gagging.

9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

True. ..except I think the bust thing is still debateable. Darko has a long way to go to justify being picked ahead of the all-stars that followed him in the draft.

10. Darth Tater

Well said.

I can certainly respect that.

It's the extremists that I've been referring to.

I'm certainly not, and never was a DHOF, but I do believe he will be decent one day and that the Pistons could have done a better job handling him.

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I was so mad being there (Detroit)," Milicic told the Orlando Sentinel. "I was just so happy to get out of there. As soon as I got here, I tried to focus on Orlando.".....................I will be making my long anticipated return as well....TO THE CHAT ROOM! :MusicBigGrin: I took some time off to get back in the gym , work on my promotion(which I got BTW) and focus on what this team really is. I see a team that , at the MAX, wont beat Miami in a series and if we make the finals, wont beat the West Champ.
    We are good enough, but are we TOUGH enough. A deal for Mike James would steer things my way, but I really believed we could have got Big Nasty back here for a song....

o well, see ya around tip-off, my bruddahs!...y hermosas!:MusicBigGrin:

darko sux...............

12. roscoe36

13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Pistons cruised to an easy win tonight. They led by 19 at halftime, and led by CWebb's 14 pts in the 3rd quarter, they extended the lead all the way to 31 before 8-9 minutes of garbage time in the 4th quarter. Orlando had almost nothing going on offense besides Howard's physical dominance. Pistons spread the ball around and won it going away.

With the halftime lead at 19, Low decided to wager that the Magic would eventually cut the lead to less than 5. Well, he was only 11 points short...Magic cut it to 15, but then got blown out until garbage time. So now, for the next month, Low and Aurora will be sporting sigs and/or avatars chosen by linwood and yours truly.

14. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

No Mercy!!!!!!

15. roscoe36

Without Webber, we would be lost. CWebb outclassed everyone on the court tonight, including Dwight Howard.

16. roscoe36

I would also like to mention that it was tres bizarre to not see Darko out there during garbage time.

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

No doubt. Have you seen the light and jumped off the Flip bandwagon for good?

18. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, although he barely played in the first half after getting poked in the eye by D-Ho in the first minute of the game, and the Pistons were still up 19 at the half. Lindsey and Dice combined for 27 points on 10-15 shooting. Rip and CB combined for 35 points and 13 assists.

19. roscoe36

Well let's not get too carried away.

This team starts TurkeyGlue, the Bionic Grant, Midget Nelson and Darko. It's not exactly one of the elite NBA squads.

20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

First, Darko did not do that bad. Not great either. Nuff of that.

Billups came out with some pep in his step in this one. Something about a very small, poor defensive guard on him. Sheed picked up two early fouls and Dyess came in for him and started right to scoring. Remember that hot streak Dyess was on? Interruped for a few games by some bruised ribs, but back going strong again.

Webber went out for much of the first half with an abrasion on the cornea, courtesy of a hand across the face from Howard. But it worked out just fine as he added some seriously good ball handling skill to our 2nd unit. And maybe the extra rest had something to do with him just tearing it up in the 2nd half. 14 3rd quarter points. Webber hit outside shots, and scored around the basket on cuts. Made some free throws too. Oh, and that drive inside for the reverse.

Hunter started the 2nd quarter with a personal 7-0 run against Orlando, and continued to hit his shots in the 2nd half. Another good game from him. (Thats 2 this month.) Arroyo was made to look pretty darn bad by Hunter in this one.

The Pistons were up 31 early 4th quarter and still had 2 starters in for a minute or two. Makes you a bit nervous.

Maxiell was in there for 3 minutes as we surged a bit to end the 2nd quarter. He got a few bounds and what not in garbage time. At least he got some playing time.

Dale Davis came in when Webber got the eye injury and did very well. Got several boards and some points in his short minutes.

Mohammed canned a couple of jumpers in garbage time. Murray, bless his soul, managed not to take any shots except when he had to because the shot clock was expiring.

Delfino led the team in rebounds. GO PISTONS!!!!!