1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Orlando February 21st, 7:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by roscoe36, Feb 18, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

02/21/2007
    vs Orlando
    NAT : NBALP
    LOC : TV20 Detroit
    RADIO : 1130 WDFN AM

Yep, this is the DHOF game. Darko is starting and his ardent supporters in the Pistons community have literally cancelled all of their engagements to bask in the glow of Darko-mania as the Original Serbian Gangsta makes his return to the Palace.

Expect this thread to get really long as everyone argues the merits and demerits of Darko, as if Rasheed Wallace, Chris Webber, Dwight Howard, Hedo TurkeyGlue and Rip do not even exist. Because our second favorite topic is talking about Darko, and we do it well.

Students of the game will probably skip all of the Hall of Fame hype to observe and document the incredible dribbling styles of Carlos Arroyo. At an average of 3 dribbles per second, he's second to none in this league when it comes to pounding the air out of the ball.

Big game, small players, Orlando loss. Book it. And if you're not sure, or have conflicted Pistons loyalties, bowing before a giant cheddar cheese statue of Darko on your back porch, check this out.

The towel Darko wiped his face with sold on E-Bay for $15,000 to an unnamed Piston fan.

[​IMG]

In Detroit, Darko was attacked by Dan Gadzuric, who thought he was John Amaeche

[​IMG]

In Detroit, Saint Darko also went through his Adam Morrison phase.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Sooo? What's your point? I'll have you know I received a pair of game worn sweat socks with that towel too.

3. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I know that I am going to the game. Will have my wife record it while I am gone so that I can see if it ends the same way on TV as it does in the arena.

One of those games that I want to see one of the teams win but I won't be t-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-0 disappointed if the other one does. It's not like the Pistons and the Heat or the Pistons and the Bulls.

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Word out of I_Named_My_Baby_Victory _Cigar.com is that an unamed member of the Darko fan club paid 20K for one of Darko's jocks last February... he hasn't taken it off since
    :focus:

5. max

max All-Star

So you were the cat who out-bid me?

I will also be at that game.

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Quick DHOF club question. Any of you fellas have NBA League Pass? Just curious.

7. DetroitBasketball

DetroitBasketball First Round Draft Pick

I am actually going to Detroit on Wednesday from New York and have almost front row tickets for the game. This is going to be my first ever basketball game live. I hope it turns out to be good and the Pistons win and I can get Billups autograph.

8. roscoe36

Show up as early as possible to get Billup's autograph! Someone else here may have some advice for you in this regard. I hope you have a great time and enjoy a Pistons victory!

9. lazyberbs

YESSSIR, I do!!

10. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

Both teams will be playing their second game in 2 nights with the magic playing away at the palace. I've never really understood the passion that darko supporters have. He was the 2nd draft pick a few years back and was never really given a chance here.... got traded to a team where his minutes have increased and his game improved. Good for him i say. We have an exciting team in the Pistons and have a great chance to get to the finals again. I say Darko shmarko... Pistons in a blowout and Wallace, DD, Webber, Tazr, AJ, Bhrama and Dice all take turns in abusing the serbian gangster. :pound: :pound: :pound:

11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

From The Orlando Sentinel

Magic PF Darko Milicic doesn't know what sort of reception he'll receive when he returns tonight to Auburn Hills, Mich., to play against his former team, the Detroit Pistons. He's ready for just about anything.

"We'll see. It could be half and half. Could be all boos," Milicic said. "Could be haters or lovers."

12. lazyberbs

Just to go out on a limb, I am going to the game and expect to see the Pistons win with DMC getting about 14 points and 8 boards, 2 blocks and a couple of assists. Don't know about a steal but I think he will hold his own against Sheed and CWeb. I just don't see the Magic guards playing well against CB and Rip. JJ would have to have a career night and he probably won't even play.

Without Ariza, I don't think Orlando will win it as Grant is not very conducive to good ball movement. Pat Garrity even played tonight as Tony is still out, as well. With Ariza and Battie available I think they could have given the Pistons a game but not without them.

The only chance the Magic have is for the front line to outplay the Pistons front line and the guards come close to having a good night, which is not going to happen.

Oh well. It is a good thing I root for both teams or it would be a long two hour drive back north tomorrow night.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Darko will shut down Sheed. He will also shut down Webber. In fact, Darko will guard Sheed and Webb at the exact same time.

While doing this, he will also put up this stat-line;
    50 points, 30 rebounds, 16 blocks, 10 steals, and 9 assists

The score will be 150 to 2 (with our only 2 being scored by Darko as he accidently taps the ball into our basket while going for an rebound)

And we will all see the greatness that is Darko.

14. max

max All-Star

Thats funny.

You know whats going to happen. Sheed will have a huge night but Darko supporters will argue that it all happened during the 8 mins when Darko was not guarding him.

15. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Yes, I've had it the last 3 years. Love it, worth every penny.

16. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

No league pass, but I did watch Darko play the Knicks last night. Offensively, Darko used David Lee. But David Lee destroyed Darko on the boards, and was able to get Darko into foul trouble.

Weird mismatch, small PFs can't cover Darko, but they also get Darko into foul trouble because they're quicker.

Passing on David Lee for JMax ain't looking so good.

Pre game predictions, Detroit win, guaransheed. Orlando is terrible on the road, poorly coached, and they have a terrible back court. CB will get off, along with Rip and Tay. Darko and HoJo have their way with Sheed and CWebb, but the Dribbler and Jameer take 20 shots apiece, instead of getting the rock down low to the bigs.

17. mire

mire Second Round Draft Pick

it wasn't lee who got darko in foul trouble, it was curry

darko mad 2 quick fouls on curry at the end of 2nd and one at the start of the third and he sat the entire 3rd

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Lee really tried to flop when Darko was posting him up. He guessed that he was going to get bumped and went flying when he didn't get touched. It was embarrasing.

19. roscoe36

I heard those new anti-flopping rules were designed to protect Darko from fouling out, so he can assume his rightful place in the 2003 draft with Chris Kaman, Zarko Cabarkapa and Brian Cook.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

By the way, in 461 less minutes this year, Darko has shot 77 more free throws than Rasheed Wallace. That's 85% more FT's.

When your a true post player, you definately have to worry about those floppers.