Orlando Feb 19 7:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2008' started by max, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

This Pistons lost, that is not a big deal. Based on their recent flameouts as well as my battered spouse syndrome, I don't want them winning the next 10 games in a row.

This game did magnify Flip's faults at not having a feel for the team though. Sheed came out with 4 fouls down 16-18 late in the 3rd. DET had nothing going on O and Flip brought Dyess (Team high in minutes) back in to team with Maxey. I think he should have gone with Amir. To me, he had the greatest chance of scoring easy buckets off the numerous missed shots. Flop seems to look at Amir's productivity as luck.

Why not bring in Hayes for Tay early in the 3rd to go with the starters? He might actually get open then?

Tay's free throws are getting Ben-like.

Please pick up a PG........
  2. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

And HE sucks! Did you see the chest bump he did at one of the timeouts? Puuuuuullllllllleeeeeeeeeeese!
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

A 2.0 yea ?
    But we lost
    So I was correct the first time, it was a 9.0 !!!
    MoMayhemEvan struck again...it was a 9.1 !!!
    Where's AHB.
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Who would've thought that if Hedo and Howard are shut down the Pistons would get blown out? Orlando got hot and stayed hot. Pistons didn't help themselves constantly leaving 3-point shooters wide open in their "sweet spots". And offense got stagnant. Looked like Orlando just packed the middle and left the outside shots available. However, Pistons kept running the ISOs and they are not a good ISO team, hence the result. I am not really upset at a loss as much as at limited minutes for AA and AJ and sticking with Hayes through thick and thin. Why in the world wouldn't they give some extra time to Hermann other than garbage minutes? How could it possiblly hurt. Judging by all the trade talks, Hermann is not on the trading block like Flip Jr. and Brezec, so it looks like team wants him to stick around. Then why not play him?
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

They would need a coach to pull that one off........Flip would have trouble getting the '92 Dream Team minutes........
  6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Maybe it just takes time with Flip. The bench has been getting a lot more playing time as of late. We are finally getting our wish of seeing Amir play some meaningful minutes. Maybe Flip is getting ripened to play Hermann. We'll see.
  7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Orlando is a better team with Arroyo on the bench. Their other bench guards torched us.
  8. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

That's the problem. We ain't got time. If this guy presides over another playoff flameout, Piston fans will be calling for this guy's head, and they should be. Man, I wish Larry Brown hadn't been so in love with himself. Probably woulda had three titles by now with this bunch if Brown was still in charge -- and focused.
  9. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Because he stuck to his strengths. Spotting-up for threes, and the occasional easy bucket around the rim. Jarvis does not. He tries to create off the dribble and ends up forcing 3-4 terrible 20-foot fadeaways with a hand in his face. He should be playing the "Mo Evans" role. Stay ready for an open jumper and run the break. It stops there. The dude just thinks he's way better than he is, and frankly, I'm shocked that he gets away with the shots he takes. Any other coach would have him handcuffed to the bench.
  10. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I hope that I am wrong, but I will be very surprised if we win another title before we have a network media loved superstar.

:hoops:
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Here is his shooting for his last 10 games:
    3-9
    3-6
    2-5
    3-6
    2-6
    3-5
    4-7
    2-6
    5-6
    1-3

In that span, he hit 11 3-pointers, grabbed 11 rebounds, 7 assists, 12 steals, 7 turnovers, and 13 PF's. He has had only 1 PF for 8 games in a row now.

That is an effective FG% of .568!

Are those the stats for a guy who is out of control?