Oklahoma City Thunder Friday October 30 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'October 2009' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Gonna be at the ballgame tonight. Can't wait for the start plus I get the CV Glow-in-the-dark Jersey. Will make a nice sleep shirt for the wife.

31 in 3D in the dark.
  2. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

atdhe.net usually has them. Here is the link they have for tonight: Watch Live Oklahoma City Thunder vs Detroit Pistons

However, the quality is usually so-so and you would be better using the free nba league pass this week. If you are in the Detroit region the NBA will black out the game but you can circumvent that by using a proxy or commercial vpn for 5-8 bucks.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

He's in Vietnam.

But thanks J! :)
  4. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Jonas and Daye debut today. i hope Jonas would have minutes,fans need new swedish affalo.
    Summers/daye minutes, we will see how rotate Kuester opportunity in first oficial game.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe the coaches should plan better this time and if it's official that Rip is sidelined, have Chucky dressed just in case Will.i.am, Stuc or Lil Ben turns an ankle:sssh:
  6. roscoe36

Pistons 108
    Okes 101

Go Pistons!!!!!
  7. LA Dre

With Rip missing, I am thinking 95-92...and I never make score predictions....
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm so ready for this game to start, with Rip out we should get some looks at Austin Daye. C'mon 8o'clock!!!!!
  9. roscoe36

10. LA Dre

Well I kind of figured without Rip we would struggle point wise...the problem is with Rip out, Stuckey took to many ill advised shots..(4-15), Hopefully Rip is in the lineup tomorrow or we could start the season off 1-3 if we fall to Orlando on Tuesday.

Kuester has to play Daye and JJ especially with the youth of the Thunder...he might as well have suspended them for today if you weren't going to play them.....Daye played 2 mins which is the same as Wilcox did the other night..

Tay was 5 of 9 but continued to defer to the guards even though he was out there for 43mins???? Wonder if he will have enough strength to hang with Redd tomorrow??

Disappointed but understand what happens now if we trade rip.....I say trade Suckey:stirthepot:
  11. crumbs

crumbs First Round Draft Pick

Rough night for any Pistons frontcourt member not named Ben Wallace (great game, hope we don't wear him out). You have to hope that CV won't have too many shooting nights like tonight. Prince with an extremely quiet 44 minutes, so I'm not sure why Daye didn't see some time.

Even without Rip, the guards are fun to watch. After so many years of predictability, it's refreshing to a have a rotation of guards that bring some aggression and variety. Not sure if it will translate into many wins, but it can be entertaining for a while.
  12. roscoe36

Really poor effort from Maxiell, Villanueva.

Kwame tried but didnt get much help.

Tay sucks when he plays more than 32 minutes. His exhaustion hurt us in the 4th.

Stuckey still doesn't get it.

Bengo, fantastic game. Big Ben too.

Bynum, middling game from him.

I don't think Kuester called a very good game. All of the good we saw on Wednesday was thrown off without Rip. The team didn't seem prepared, and the defensive rotations were abysmal.

How much longer will Stuckey and CV be allowed to blow off P&R D? That's the question. You can handle a guy being slow, but not a guy not fighting through picks.

Luckily, the Bucks completely suck, so we can probably handle them tomorrow.
  13. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Agree with many comments here, the Pistons were outplayed. You had Wallace (defensive play) and Gordon (offense) and that is about it. Two guys, two Bens and then nothing. I don't believe much in plus/minus but tonight the two Bens were only players in the plus column.

Our other bigs couldn't score or do much else. CV did nothing.

Stuckey's game looked the same as two years ago not a good sign. Bynum looked very ordinary.

Tay just does not step up. He seems to need to play around a lot of stars. He is in his prime and I would have expected more...

Well, its early and only one game...
  14. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

And my desire to keep caring about the Etroit Pistons dies just a little bit more.
  15. max

max All-Star

I think most teams would take 91 points against. Maybe we should have held them to 81 and played the entire shot clock each trip to make it more familiar.

Team just did not execute. Too much 1 on 1 play. 3 assists for the entire 2nd half. 6 or 7 more TO's than the other team.

We are going to get this kind on inconsistency with any new team. At least they tried for the full 48.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Not much to say really. Just cover some of what I saw. One, a coach who responds to adversity by making mistakes. Example, Rip is out, he overplays Tay. Rookie mistake. Any fan of Tay's knows you play him with no rest he is no good. But hey, some will give the rookie coach a break here, thinking he will learn. Lets see. If he can learn from his mistakes, that will impress me.

Of course, it was a rookie mistake not pull Rip the last game when we had a huge lead late in the 4th quarter.

Daye did not look too great in his 1 minute of action. But so what, he has to learn the game sometime. Rip was out, if Daye is ever going to play this was the night. Again, this rookie coach will impress me if he does find time to ever play the guy.

No Jerebko, no Wilcox. Lots of Kwame Brown, who is not much worth a darn unless there is a player on the opposing team with size who Kwame can match up well with defensively. But, hey, you can't expect a rookie coach to know this sort of thing. Someone give the poor guy a clue, Kwame is not an offensive type center who makes hay with his size against smaller players. Nope, he is a defensive center, good for playing against big centers, none of whom happened to be playing tonight.

Yes, Gordon looked pretty darn good scoring. He scores by driving in, coming off screens, or shooting threes. CV looks a bit off, but hey, he missed much of the preseason. I will give him a pass for now. Ben Wallace looked great on defense for sure.

Bynum made a few shots. Stuckey began the night doing ok vs. Westbrook, as he got the guy to sit with two quick fouls. Like someone said though, without maybe another scorer in their, like Rip, Stuckey forced to much.

Yes, we did not have enough assists. But then again, even though we were not passing the ball enough really, a lot of those shots made after one pass were actually makeable. Its not like anyone was taking completely out of control shots. But Oklahoma was getting a lot of point blank 100% type shots and we were not. (And Ben Wallace made a night and day difference in the first half anyway on how hard it was to score inside on us.)

We kept them to 60 after 3 quarters. Not bad really overall on D. It was really our offense that let us down in this one. We did have a pattern in the preseason of our offense getting really kickstarted once Rip and Gordon were in together.

Good news, Rip did not play tonight. So he could not get played out of position at small forward, thus delaying the total unraveling of this season due to coach rookiness. Yes, we can play Rip and Gordon together, just make sure that Stuckey is in there at the same time playing the small forward spot. Bynum does not have to start to do this, but he would have to come in early to rest Stuckey so Stuckey can then come in and play small forward when Gordon comes in.

Hint to rookie coach. You got lots of bigs. Jerebko, JMAX, Wilcox, Kwame, Ben Wallace, and CV. It is ok to play JMAX at small forward some, going big, as opposed to going small when Tay sits. I know its a hard concept for a rookie coach to grasp, but try. JMAX is just one optiong. CV and Wilcox are another couple of guys who you could move to small forward a bit to help you out.

Its not the loss, its doing things that even if you win, makes you lose the season. Bottom line, get more players involved. Just because you have a lot of guards who you think have to all play a lot - does not make it so. Cut their minutes down some and play your bigs.
  17. LA Dre

Good Leecap dude
    Couldn't agree more as this loss could be pinned on the coach for overplaying Tay and not playing JJ or Wilcox at all and Daye for only a minute & a half. It was almost as if they were suspended for two games instead of one...could have used these guys to add something that was amiss....

Stuckey should take some blame too for trying to take to many shots without looking for the open man.. Stuck had 2 assists...and the team had a 12...for the whole game.......3 in the third qtr and NONE in the 4th????

In the immortal words of the late great Dinah Washington: What a Diff'rence a day Made.
    We were geeked opening night and now we are scratching our heads:confused:
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm really enjoying Ben Wallace playing like it's 2005 again. He is a huge positive force right now. Rebounding, playing great D, taking charges, stealing the ball, and the double pump, switch to the left, finger roll off the glass? Wow. The obvious point is that the coach needs to make sure that he is used sparingly enough that he always has this energy. I like starting with him to set the tone, but he can't keep up heavy mins.

And Ben Gordon took some of the worst shots ever tonight... and about half went in as is usually the case with him. He's a crazy shooter for sure. But also, he was slashing at will.

Stuck getting blocked is pretty annoying. Not sure if that's going away any time soon.

Overall, we played solid defense for most of the game. We did some things well on offense, but it was another guard fest, even without Rip. 57 points I believe. We are what we are.

Strange outcomes so far in the league, so we shouldn't feel too bad.
  19. roscoe36

Stuckey gets blocked for the same reason he charges, for the same reason he can't pass without picking up his dribble. He dribbles with his head down when he slashes.

I'm impressed by his better shooting, but he's not a PG. He doesn't have the handles.

Due to politics, we're going to ride Stuckey, but Bynum is obviously outplaying him at the 1 right now. Hell, Gordon outplayed Stuckey at the 1 tonight.
  20. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

this is inconsistency I am expecting throughout this season from this team. If somebody cannot stomach it, find something different for rooting.