Home Oklahoma City Monday Nov 12 2012

Discussion in 'November 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Aight guys, we'll go with the "Franks is an idiot" assumption then. :cheers:

2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Something about an icefishing shack after a mid January Pistons / Bucks game.

3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Welcome to the dark side....Ive been screaming that ( and getting warnings from Roscoe ) since the season started and the idiot stayed status quo with the rotation and has proven how horrible he is with his moronic substitutions and lack of common sense in playing the monroe/ drum front that everyone else seems to realize will work.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Re: warnings, that was in reference to the language filter, which I think we understand now was a misunderstanding. I never warn people not to have a particular opinion.

Folks are entitled to hate the coach, I understand that. I just don't understand why they think anyone wants to hear it 50x a game chat, EVERY GAME CHAT.

You gotta realize that in a group environment, repeating yourself and complaining over and over again gets really hard to read and tedious. Plus, it can't be making you much happier about anything.

Maybe I am too zen these days, but I just don't see the point in being angry about sports. I get angry (less often though) working and stuff. Sports is my escape.

That said, I am not a Lawrence Franks fan. I just think it is way too early to excoriate this guy for the team's failings. When we win, players played well, when we lose, the coach can't rotate players....

I am under no illusions this guy is a championship level coach.

brofmfa and coynejeremy like this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Phil is available. Maybe we could work out a deal with him where he doesn't need to travel to Detroit for home games or on the road to any game outside of California until the Finals.

brofmfa likes this.
  6. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Wow, we can afford him a Detroit moon which he can never see in California.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Again, Dumars was a star, for our team. Lets review who the superstars were for a moment, for 1989 - 90:

Karl Malone, 29.1 ppg and 10.7 rpg
    Magic Johnson, 12.7 apg.
    Olajuwon, 13.5 rpg
    Barkley 12.5 rpg
    Kevin Johnson, 12.2 apg
    Dale Ellis, 27.5 ppg
    MJ 32.5 ppg
    Clyde 27.2 ppg
    Chris Mullen 26.5 ppg
    Moses Malone 11.8 rpg
    Parrish 12.5 rpg
    Stockton, 13.6 apg

And in contrast, we had no 20 point scorer. We had 8 guys all bunched from 7.2 to 18.4 ppg

Outstanding rebounder? We had two, but Rodman and Laims both out there meant neither was in the running for the rebounding crown.

ppg list, for Pistons 89-90 team:

Salley 7.2, Rodman 8.8, Vinnie 9.8, Laim 12.1, Aguirre 14.1, Edwards 14.5, Dumars 17.8, Zeke 18.4

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

One caveat........since 1990 the NBA has purposefully rewrote the rule book in terms of defense and physicality so that defense has now become an after thought. Offense sells and the NBA worked to alter the game so no other team could win in that fashion ever again. Until we did win it again with defense as well as the Spurs, but STern added more rules, so now even the SPurs play a more uptempo offense focused style of bball.