1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ohio State Buckeyes

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by BillLaimbeer, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 Team Captain Forum Donor

I won't be shocked if Tom Brady would love to be a qb coach or offensive coordinator at UM. Some of these guys get a kick out of coaching even on the high school level. Super Bowl head coach Sam Wyche was an offensive coordinator of a local high school for several years near where I live. Just for the thrill of giving back to the game.

Sam Wyche was the qb coach from 2006 to 2008 at the high school, and then returned in 2011 as its offensive coordinator in 2011 till present.

I believe Brett Favre is doing the same thing.

So I'm delusional if I think a former pro qb would stoop so low as to turn the OSU offense around? Sorry. I don't think I am the one that is delusional here.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    TheeTFD and roscoe36 like this.
  2. Buckeyes#1

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

"Peyton type". Not many of those out there.Brady is a Michigan man. Anyone retired "like" him would already be coaching. I think your idea was a good one (for OSU) and I'm sure it has crossed his mind (any coaches mind) but netting a "Peyton type" when they could learn from a "Bellichik type" like uhmm... but regardless, Harbaugh went back to HIS college because nobody in the pros would touch him due to " personality" conflicts. You know of a pro "Peyton type" QB who will drop to OSU? Yeah, secure a great QB coach and OC . I'm saying a "Peyton type" won't go to OSU. Who, exactly did you have in mind that realistically is available and motivated to do this, sir? I'm saying it won't happen. Only my opinion but I am willing to wager. I will use a Ohio State avatar for a year if you are right. Will you be willing to wear a Michigan State avatar for a year if you are wrong ? Like I said, great idea. Any team would love that. Real question. I don't know the answer. How many head coaches have gone pro from Meyers staff? That is usually their goal. Maybe in college like the defensive coordinator from Michigan State going to Pittsburgh.

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. Darth Tater

It may happen someday but who is out there right now for Ohio State that is what I am saying. I mentioned Brady in my previous post. If you think it will happen that is cool. Good idea. Let's wager...

By the way,this thread is rocking and rolling...

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. Buckeyes#1

The kicker is I don't think it will ever happen under Meyer. That's why I started out this discussion with I don't think Meyer has learned his lesson. I was just posting what I would try to do. I admit I always shoot for the moon. Dream big. That's just my personality. Many times I fail. Sometimes I succeed. My national math competition I started twenty years ago was one that succeeded.

Funny story. I don't know if any of you guys remember Patton from the Detnews Forum. Not sure if he ever made it in the Pistons forum. He was often in the Big Ten Forum. That's where I remember him from.

One day a very sad thing happened. You might remember when that airliner crashed in Buffalo around 2007. The topic on the Detnews forum soon changed to that airliner crash. I soon said they ought to invent a parachute system where if the jet computer says it's going to crash, it immediately inflates the parachutes so the plane floats down, saving all the lives. When Patton read that, he spit his coffee all over his monitor and laughed me to scorn. Every time he saw me on there for the next six months, he started back in, publicly mocking me. I finally was able to shut him up six months later when he agreed to take one of my math contests. Lol.

Anyways. What makes this story now so funny to me is someone is now developing a parachute system for planes that are in peril. I can't tell you how much I'd love to have a conversation with Patton. :)

But I admit you could be right about OSU not being able to locate that Peyton type. But if it were me, I would at least shoot for the moon and try. Sometimes you get lucky.

6. Buckeyes#1

roscoe36 likes this.
  7. Darth Tater

e

I know. But that's just me. At the very bottom I noted how the thread took off. It was getting attention anyhow, but I'm sure our debate did not hurt. I was trying to draw in Harbaugh fans-they react in one way or another at the mere mention of his name or the slang name for mucous-but you did it first. We were debating if you look at the small picture but on a larger scale...this thread definitely has potential. More people here hate O more than S. I enjoy fireworks. Just gotta be careful with them. Rascoe would not take kindly to starting real fires in here. From what I've seen on you tube and twitter they hate M with a passion but to a lesser extent they hate S too.

roscoe36 likes this.
  8. Buckeyes#1

roscoe36 likes this.
  9. Darth Tater

I'm the oppositr. Which is probably not good. Is a goofball which I like but overall I do not like Jim Harbaugh. But I respect him as a great coach. Michigan will win the Big Ten title next year. You heard it here first. Quote me on this. I would put the over under on Michigan State at six wins. Assuming Dantonio gives them realistic expectations. Like making a bowl game. I thought nothing this year to make me believe they will do anything special next year. I think Ohio State will be in second or third place.

roscoe36 likes this.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They've had parachutes for small planes for many years now.

roscoe36 likes this.
  11. Buckeyes#1

I'm not talking about small planes. I'm talking jetliners. The biggest jetliner that exists. It doesn't have to be a cylinder of death.

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Very few large aircraft malfunction at high altitude. Takeoffs and landings and terrorism. None of those would be helped.

It's like requiring pedestrians to wear helmets. It would probably save a few lives, but at an enormous cost.

roscoe36 likes this.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This idea of shooting for the stars is promoted by a lot of very successful people.

This stuff is probably just noise.

Whenever a job comes open, Harbaugh will be in the discussion, whether he actually is or not.

Same thing happens with Presidential administrations. A lot of names get thrown around, usually the actual picks are a lot less well known.

Darth Tater and Buckeyes#1 like this.
  14. Darth Tater

I've no desire to be idolized. Would I like the challenge of coaching in the highest ranks with the best players in the world? Absolutely!

roscoe36 likes this.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Perhaps that is your problem!

Buckeyes#1 and Darth Tater like this.
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    Looking to pick a fight with that remark.
    A Peyton type is a bad analogy - He was immobile and kids aren't smart enough to learn all that in college.
    A Favre type might work better, anything goes, use your feet.
    -
    I knew OS wasn't that strong when M threw the game. But 31-0 ! I'd be looking to pick a fight too.
    U beat M WTF WGAS FTP/O

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    roscoe36 likes this.
  17. Darth Tater

Would you rather compete in a novice league or the extpert league? Pros try to keep it equal with the draft process. The big colleges have it easy. Lots of money , boosters, facilities. So they beat up the schools in little conferences 73-0 and beat their chests. Then they beat other teams in the conference at a disadvantage. . Then they go to the Bowls against other teams with similar advantages. In the case of the BiG they usually get put in their place. Then repeat cycle. I would rather coach the very elite players from all over the country against teams that get players from the same pool as myself. Don't kid yourself. The millionaires start getting their attitudes in college. I do not know why you keep asking me.I have tried to make it clear. I will tell you one more time. I would much prefer to coach in the pros . Can you accept that because you can keep giving reasons until the cows come home and you're not going to change my mind.

roscoe36 likes this.
  18. Darth Tater

I've reported this post. Enjoy the NBDL.

roscoe36 and TheeTFD like this.
  19. Darth Tater

Now that football is over we can talk about basketball. I wonder how the Buckeyes are doing in B1G conference play? :stirthepot:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    roscoe36 likes this.
  20. Nemo

Nemo Over 60 Club Forum Donor

---Image redacted by moderator.---
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2017
    roscoe36 likes this.