Official trade thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

Agree with the frustration. Maybe they could get Rufus Henry to make a comeback?
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I heard that Rufus won enough on craps during the Vegas All-Star game that he was able to buy a new diamond encrusted prosthetic leg.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I totally agree.

Webber was huge, but we are still missing a piece to succeed in the playoffs. Maybe if we had a coach who knew how to win in the playoffs we could somehow make it without that piece.

But we don't have that coach from what I can see, and I cannot imagine us beating the West. I don't know which team in the East could knock us out, but I've got a baaad feeling.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There has to be something behind the scenes between Saunders and Dale Davis. If I were Davis, I'd be incredibly pissed at this point. He comes to spend the last productive years on the Pistons so that he wouldn't get "rolled" and ends up getting perma-benched.

Unless we are trading these guys, Davis and Nazr should play every game. We're in first place in the weakest conference in history. We should keep everyone involved and the starters more rested.
  5. Sanddunes

I heard Rufus is very fast on that new leg. Maybe he would be quick enough to slow down all the driving to the basket by other teams? Or maybe the reflection of the diamonds would blind them on the way to the basket?
  6. roscoe36

Seriously for a moment, it's not just making any move but you have to assume at least one of Miami, Cleveland and/or Chicago will be making moves to improve for this run.

Outside of Detroit (where we constantly hear about how the Pistons are in first in a crappy conference), many other teams feel that they are one piece away from not only challenging the Pistons, but propelling themselves into the Finals.

I refuse to believe there are no deals to be made. We have a lot of assets, and there are a lot of quality ballers available.
  7. roscoe36

My "buddy" tells me that nothing imminent is in the works. Reading between the lines (or perhaps being paranoid), this could mean that negotiations are "ongoing" OR not at all.
  8. max

max All-Star

Zero hour is approaching.

Mohammed and Murry are not even in the mix anymore so I know its not for lack of effort. If nothing happends then at least Dumars did not make things worse by bringing in someone like Jaric.

We will see.
  9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

From Pat Sheridan ESPN:

- The Houston Rockets were discussing at least two moves involving Bonzi Wells, including a trade with Chicago for Michael Sweetney. Another option was believed to be a swap of Wells and a second player to Detroit for Dale Davis and Flip Murray, though Pistons president Joe Dumars was first trying to find a taker for Nazr Mohammed before he committed to a Davis trade.
  10. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Of all the names mentioned, Bonzi's the one difference maker. If Joe truly believes we're a contender, IMO he's gotta make that deal regardless of what Nazr can fetch.
  11. roscoe36

Joe doesn't want to part with Dale's expiring.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Davis has a nice expiring contract AND he can actually help us in the Playoffs this year. 2 great reasons to keep him.
  13. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

That's right, he's a good guy to have and a good guy not to have. Only not at the same time. So don't get rid of him now because then not only would you not have him when he's still a good guy to have, you also wouldn't have him later when he becomes a good guy not to have.
  14. max

max All-Star

According to Detnews - No deals are likely.
  15. C-Webb07

C-Webb07 Second Round Draft Pick

People usually drop their asking price the closer we get to 3 PM, so I think SOMETHING will happen.

There's rumors we may be doin business with Dallas, trying to get Anthony Johnson.
  16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Now that the Hawks picked up Anthony Johnson from the Mavs I wonder if that will allow the Hawks to move Lue???
  17. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Dang the Hawks stole Anthony Johnson for a 2nd round pick. I think he's a real gem and would be happy if he was backing-up Chauncey. Sigh... well at least that greased the wheels for more trades to come. Funny how a deadline forces GMs to start wheeling and dealing like madmen. Come on Joe get the Pistons a quality PG in the next 2 hours.
  18. Sanddunes

19. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

It ain't happenin' for the Pistons...
    This is from Blakely's weblog a few minutes ago:

"[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Thursday, February 22, 2007[/FONT][​IMG][​IMG]
    [FONT=arial,sans-serif]Trade talk
    I just spoke with Joe a few minutes ago, and he said "nothing at all" is happening with Detroit making a possible trade by the 3 p.m. deadline. Of course, anything can happen but considering the deadline is about 30 minutes away, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that the Pistons aren't doing any deals before the deadline".
    [/FONT]
  20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Anthony Johnson and Juan Dixon... That's it?

30 teams, 18 with losing records, 450+ players and all we get is Anthony Johnson and Juan Dixon??!!??