October 2006 Piston Articles

Discussion in 'Pistons Archive' started by mercury, Oct 2, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

AUBURN HILLS -- If you were to trim a couple inches off Nazr Mohammed's 6-foot-10 frame, and throw an Afro wig on his head, then maybe, just maybe, he would remind you of Ben Wallace, the former Detroit Pistons center now with the Chicago Bulls.

Mlive article from Blakely

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

On Tuesday, the Pistons will open training camp in a familiar and favorite position -- as the underdogs.
    That's probably not a bad thing.
    KRISTA JAHNKE Free Press

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Reserve forward Carlos Delfino tried to set the record straight. Again, there were several stories in the foreign press over the summer in which Delfino was quoted as saying he wasn't happy in Detroit and that he would like to be traded.
    He didn't actually refute the stories, but he tried to put his sentiments into perspective. The bottom line being, he just wants to play -- if not for the Pistons then for somebody else.
    "If somebody talked about a trade rumor, sometimes it's because I don't care if I play for the Pistons or for my house (team)," he said. "I love basketball. I want to be a basketball player. I feel like my time to play is here and when I don't play, I am losing time. That's why I cry.

Media Day

4. Prophecy Revealed

Prophecy Revealed First Round Draft Pick

5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Miami Herald

Pistons say they're ready for another run at a championship

"A lot of people don't think we're going to be as successful as we've been in the past, but we're ready to roll," Pistons forward Richard Hamilton said Monday.

From Mlive:
    "I'm real interested to see how it pans out," said captain Chauncey Billups. "I know there's a lot of things Flip had in his playbook that we just didn't do last season. I don't know if that's because Ben was out there or not, but I know there's a lot of things he held back. We'll see."

6. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Geezus. Ben's going to have a monster game his first time back. He's been taking it like a man all summer, and he'll be ready to have his say.

7. Prophecy Revealed

Ben? Have a monster game. "NOT IN OUR HOUSE-NOT ON OUR BLOCK" (quote by Gus from sugar hill) :ninja:

8. hack

That's great generic bravado and all, but we know how Ben is when he wants it. 22 boards after the Orlando game. He and Flip had their exchange of shots in July, and Ben's let it go. Hasn't said much since. Flip, meantime, has taken a little dig at Ben every time he's opened his mouth. We know Ben's gonna come into the Palace ready to show us all what we're missing. Flip and others now seem intent on reminding him of why he's in that postion.

9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I agree with you Hack. Flip and these media folks who are seemingly in pocket with the Pistons Public Relations office have surprised me with this attack on Ben. Its very dissapointing and in my opinion unwarranted. It almost seems as though they are trying to rally the home crowd to boo the hell out of Ben when he returns. I hope they are unsuccessful as that would be very unfortunate considering how much he has done for this organization. Ben for 20+ rebounds, but I hope we win by 30. :)

10. hack

Particularly disappointed in Chauncey. Players shouldn't do that to each other.

11. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Earlier this summer Chauncey said "Honestly, I didn't take it [playoff elimination] that hard because, myself personally, I was spent." Now he jumps on the anti-Ben bandwagon and blames him for keeping poor Flip from implementing that fabulous offensive playbook.

This garbage is coming from our captain. :mad: Mr. Big Head needs to just shut up and play.

12. Prophecy Revealed

Lets see if I can emily post this up a bit...... ready? With my pinky extended.... LOYALTY---REGGIE MILLER---INDIANA PACERS---HOW MANY YEARS?---HOW MUCH MONEY? TAH! TAH!

13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The first group consisted of the usual four (Chauncey, Rip, Tayshaun and Sheed) with the center position featuring Antonio McDyess and at times, Dale Davis.

Folks, DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT READ too much into that. Nazr is still, in all likelihood, going to be the starter come opening day

Blakey talks first day of camp

15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's not ggazoo, he hasn't posted much there that wasn't Detroit Shock related.

The Detroit News is clueless about blogging. Which probably explains why a professional writer like McCoskey is beefing with "persons unknown" on his blog. Juvenile even when it is done by amateurs.

16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Ah yes it's Murph... had to wander to the News to find out... that place is goofy as ever. lol

17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

18. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Dice pounding against Centers....I don't know if I like that.

19. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Maxiell loses weight, gains quickness

Thursday, October 05, 2006
    By A. Sherrod Blakely
    AUBURN HILLS -- As an undersized power forward who is (generously listed) as being 6 feet 7, Jason Maxiell knows the chances of him getting taller are slim.
    So what did he do this summer?
    He got slimmer -- and quicker, in addition to maintaining the upper body strength that makes him one of the strongest players on the Detroit Pistons' roster.