NY Knicks

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Sep 4, 2005.

1. G-man

G-man Starter

It was reported Friday in the NY Post, that Coach Larry Brown is done hiring his assistants. He filled out his staff by picking up two of last seasons Assistant Coaches from Detroit, Phil Ford and David Hanners. The 2 ex-UNC players will be sitting right next to Herb Williams. (That ought to make Herb feel all warm and cozy)

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm curious to know if Mark Aguirre will play a role with the coaching staff on that team.

It's a well know fact that Dave Hanners is more personal assistant to Brown than a true coach. There was no good reason why he coached 2 sumemr leagues for the Pistons and didn't take over when Brown went down to surgery.
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I guess the big question here is can Larry do it without Gar Heard? Was Larry just a puppet in Detroit with Gar Heard (the real mastermind) pulling the strings? For example I noticed several times during the past two seasons that in crunch time Larry was looking down at the end of the bench in Darko's direction, he seemed to hesitate and make eye contact with Gar first . All it took was one look at Gar's frowning face and Larry thought better of it.:doh:
  4. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Basketbills is tripping. What is Herb williams doing back with him??
  5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

6. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Ny

the two headed monster of crawford and starbury can be very good at times but the way they play imo will drive lb nuts just plain looooney. they both like to jack up shots whenever so if they dont play within the system do you realy see ny tradeing either 1 of them i dont but thats my opinion james will do ok lb will play the S#$% out of rose hustle guy good defender Q will be on a short leash frye well hes not darko but i bet he sees limited action behind taylor t2 and sweetney i will givem 47 wins on the high side 42 more like it and a first round exit to miami or us
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

They're saying that the knicks are in the running for Eddy Curry. He's got until 11:59 tommorow (Monday) to decide if he wants to stay with the bulls.
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Don't worry. Larry was only looking in Gar's direction because when Gar took Larry's stuff to the laundromat that morning he had too much starch put in Larry's undershorts. Gar was only grimacing because he knew Larry was letting him know that as punishment, Gar would be on "Depends" duty for the next month.
  9. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Knicks thread?
    Well as far as Nyers are concerned, they pretty much expect the Knicks to suck. Maybe make the playoffs, but it seems what they are really looking forward to is a show, for someone to melt down (LB, Zeke, or Starbury) and provide some pretty good entertainment. My money is on all 3. Get your popcorn. And if anyone still believes LB can judge talent, he said that Allan Houston was the best player on the Knicks.

Quote from the NYPost:
    "The Knicks have a coach ready to win now, and a roster ready to win later."
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

houston is done man. LB will learn his big mistake in leaving the best team in basketball the first week the season starts.
  11. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Houston should have retired. He is a has been.

Why would Larry Brown want Gar Heard in the NY? Gar is a nice guy but proved pretty much to be useless as a assistant coach.

It will be fun to see Detroit mop the floor with the Knicks when we play them. I think we will hold them under 70 and have a scoring explosion like putting 115 on them. The meltdown from Marbury will soon follow after he is lambasted in the post game news conference by LB.
  12. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

New York's best player?

I believe that I read an article recently where Larry says that Allan was the best player on the team last season. If that is true (and I strongly believe otherwise), could be a long season for the Knicks. :)
  13. Abe Froemen

Curry going to NY

I saw it on Espn that Curry is going to NY here is the link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2180298

I think it makes NY a little bit better but way to early to tell
    The baby Bulls are starting to break up but still should be a good team.
  14. MotownPride

isiah..isiah

I think the fact that the Knicks are not going to force Curry to prove he doesn't have a severe heart condition is probably not the wisest move...but then again, the Knicks are notorious for taking chances on players and overspending. This had to be a sign and trade deal..so how much dough are they investing into Curry? (I know Tim Thomas was at the tail end of his contract so it has to be a significant dollar amount to get the deal to go through)I'm convinced the Knicks just like to waste money. The only player they have ever brought over there to New York with a proven game is Starbury....post the Ewing trade. They seem to gravitate toward the Eric Dampier/Tim Thomas/Clarence Witherspoon type player.

That being said, I still believe this a step in the right direction for the Knicks as they get rid of Tim Thomas and Jermaine Jackson who realistically didn't have a place on the squad anyway. Giving up Mike Sweetney might be a mistake though. Although Curry has the bigger upside if healthy, I will predict now that Sweetney will have a better year for the Bulls than Curry has for the Knicks. Just my gut feeling.
  15. Abe Froemen

Curry NY

The thing with Curry is he has been cleared to play so the heart issue probably is not that serious. Other players with heart conditions have been told not to play like Zele and the kid that the Lakers drafted Turiaf. This is all post Reggie Lewis days teams know that heart conditions can be fatal so im sure the doctors that cleared him would try to make sure. The DNA test was just the best way of knowing not the only way.

Yes it could be another boneheaded move by NY, the way I see it NY got the better part if the deal depending on the draft picks but that info is not out yet.

As far as who will have a better year I see Curry having the far better year than Sweetney. I bet that Tyson Chandler starts, Tim Thomas might even get in before him so that means limited pt. Curry will be a focal point in NY not in a supporting role like Sweetney, unless NY starts Jerome James but I highly doubt it. There could even be more wheeling and dealing by Zeke now you never know with him.
  16. MotownPride

I see Chandler playing the center position with Sweetney playing power forward. Tim Thomas is useless. Sweetney has to much talent not to get significant minutes on the Bulls team. With Curry's depearture, he becomes the best post player on the Chicago Bulls.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

From the NY Daily News

Good stuff. 2 Pistons guards in the same piece.