Home NY Knicks Saturday Jan 7 2012

Discussion in 'January 2012' started by roscoe36, Jan 7, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2012.
  1. Detroit

60.0%
  2. New York

40.0%
  1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Knicks faced more resistance in their pre-game layup line than they did against the Pistons.

Stoudamire is a bad matchup for Jerebko. He looked like an animal out there, like he was one of the 3 best guys in the L.

The talent gap between the 2 teams was stunning. The Pistons have no players with the potential to be an upper echelon athlete.

Knight got it going a little, but all it takes for him to shoot a 3 is catching the ball behind the line. I do like how he hits the glass though. It's like he thinks it'll help them run or something.

The Knicks had some vicious dunks last night. They're kind of fun to watch when they're not all over the place.
    BallDon'tLie, admin and Nemo like this.
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I don't get to see the games out here in Montana, so I just read the stat sheet and look at highlights.
    The reviews of the games here are very helpful also. My biggest fear is that we truly have nobody who is that "upper echelon athlete".......Sad to think that our team as it is constructed cannot become a viable playoff team.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

I think Damien Wilkins is the most athletic player the Pistons have had in 3 years.
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

DW9 may be the best non-big on the team.
  5. max

max All-Star

I taped this game. Watched it earlier, I started fast forwarding when they were down by 20 and they never got it under after that.

CV, Daye and Stuckey are all out with injuries but c'mon! CV and Daye do not play much anyway.
    admin likes this.
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

One thing for sure, Knight isn't shy.
    admin likes this.
  7. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I prefer Knight shooting threes, looking for his shoot to show up, rather than CV or Prince.

The boy needs to fail and fail and fail in order to progress.
    admin likes this.
  8. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Spot on.
  9. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

He loves to shoot. He's getting farther away as point guard. He has only one thing (at this present time) I like in a PG...quickness.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No rebounding. No blocks. Just maybe we need to go bigger on the front line. This is a coaches decision, a very wrong headed one, to start JJ, or even ever play him, at power forward in this league.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

I like love this nickname!
  12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I wholeheartedly agree that JJ is not a PF. But him starting at the 4 is more of a desparation than a tactical decision. Look at our other bigs. We both agree that CV is the most effective when he's in street clothes. I still love Wallace, but at this point he's too old to play starter's minutes and Frank has been using him properly from what I've seen so far. Maxiell gives you defense, but he is not a great scorer. So you'd be playing 4 on 5 to start the game. Because of the way this team is structured, we need our perimeter guys to hit their shots, and with Maxiell starting, the other team will be able to double Monroe AND cover our perimeter shooters. You start with Maxiell and you'll be attempting to win by having the better defense, and every other starter that we have (Stuckey, Daye, Prince, Gordon, Knight, Monroe) is questionable at best defensively. That leaves Macklin. I refrain from passing any judgement on him because I haven't really seen him play in real game situations. Who knows, maybe he is indeed the answer. But so far, we just don't know. I'd love it if Frank gave him some regular minutes to see what he's capable of.

So, in short, I don't like JJ starting at the 4, but that scenario, at least to me, seems to be the lesser evil.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It just means that if Joe wants to keep his job, he needs to go out and make a deal with someone to fill that four position at the all star break. Yeah we may be able to wait it out until the draft, but what price? JJ gets banged around and sits out part of this season too? Joe and Larry get canned. Fans avoid Palace until Pistons start resembling a team better than the T-Wolves or wait until Shock return....:bs::gettinghanged: