NY Knicks Nov. 26th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 19, 2008.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

This game isn't on in Saginaw (on regular cable) . It's on FSN plus and then they replay it on FSN at midnight. Looks like I'll have to follow it on chat or try to get a live feed.
  2. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Can't... Wait... for Dyess to come back.

Team is weak physically without him
  3. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

You could drive to GRap and watch it with me or go get some of those $5 seats at the palace.:sssh:
  4. basketbills

Hey, I got some free seats for Sunday's game from the Meijer free ticket zone. The wife made me eat liver for dinner and my son kept saying "Monster truck rally" over and over...but I'm going.
  5. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Did your giant brother in law also start to crush your skull until you gave in and let him take the tickets for a boxing show?
  6. basketbills

Yeah..how did you know?
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

8. roscoe36

Solid all around win.

Kids came up big.

Good mojo for the holidays.
  9. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

THAT was fun to watch.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Amir with 31 min. double, double
    Sheed 24 min. I guess he wasn't interested. Great. Solid win.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Finally a victory to stop the 2 game slide and AI is now 5-5. The passes look fluid and they had a lot of open looks. The only negative I saw was them trying to force feed Kwame in the post. All of the starters shot well and the team finished shooting 51.6% with 40 points in the paint (to their 32)

Stuckey delivered as he finally showed that he could find the open man first (before shooting) dishing out 11 dimes and scoring 13 pts for a double-double on 6-13 shooting. Amir also logged a double-double with 12 pts and 13 boards. The bench chipped in 48 points (1 by Fabio), Afflolo was great hitting 3 three balls, however two were after the game was already decided.

Good win, their turkey meal will taste better tomorrow
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Where is everyone? I was bored stiff just thinking about this game today, but it went differently than I imagined.

I think starting Kwame is the right move. He was active and played well tonight.

Amir played very well also. Much to Flip's chagrin I even heard him being vocal in the huddle with a few minutes to go in the game. Curry showed there was some bite behind his bark by playing both AJ and Kwame and that should keep both engaged.

DET looked crisp at the start on both sides of the court. They didn't seem nearly as small, but that probably had more to do with the Knicks.

I don't remember AI getting dusted on D. His passes were much more in control tonight also.

Stuckey had nice stats but was only so so.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

<p>Before anyone go and say NY was shorthanded, or whatever, remember, they were giving our starters fits to start the 3rd quarter. It was most certainly still a game well past midway thru the 3rd.</p>

<p>Kwame started, despite rumors to the contrary. But he did not play much. He was subbed for 6 minutes into the game, not to return for the half. He did fine in that first stint. Then he played a little more than 3 minutes in the 2nd half, and that was it. Amir was brought in to restore order, after they started exploiting Kwame for being too slow to fit this particular game.</p>

<p>It ended up being a laugher, largely propelled by our bench. Much of the 2nd quarter was played by our four young up and coming stars, Stuckey, Afflalo, JMAX, and Amir. AI started with the group, and then Rip for a good while. We got about a 17 point lead there, before some of our starters returned for the last few minutes, lost some of the lead, but got it back right at the end of the 2nd quarter. Its like they needed a moment to get back into the game.</p>

<p>Amir did what he does. Stop transition baskets. Rotate on defense. Rebound. We got a stat for that one. 13, his career best. And he also managed to score a dozen, including the play of the game a skybourne dunk on a fast break.</p>

<p>Stuckey got 11 assists, his career best, pretty much all in transition it seemed. Afflalo scored 13 while never missing a shot. All of his shots were outside ones, off half court sets. I think only one was not a triple of the 5 he made. On that one, he shook off his guy before canning the shot. JMAX did a bit of everything. Dunks on fast breaks, a nice drive to the middle ending with a made jumper from in front of the basket, rebounds. Anyone notice the word fast break a lot. Yep, these young kids, running up and down the floor real, real well, and every single time. And doing it very well. Even Rip got into the act by ending several of the breaks with a short, uncontested jumper.</p>

<p>Rip helped that 2nd unit out by hitting about everything he put up. I believe he was about 7 for 8 at one point. Nice to have you back from your, well we won't mention that anymore.</p>

<p>Tay took a turn with these four youngsters in the 4th quarter as we took complete and utter control of the game rather quickly. He hit some shots.</p>

<p>We got some garbage time. Of note, Sharpe was dressed this time instead of Acker. He did not score but did manage a block out on the perimeter against their point guard. I like the fact that Curry put the end of the bench with 5 minutes still left to go. Give them a bit of time to get into the game flow.</p>

<p>Sheed abused them a bit down low, and shot triples.</p>

<p>AI got to the basket a few times, hit some outside shots.</p>

<p>Kwame gets fouled pretty much automatically. His free throws are looking better, and they are going in at least half the time. Lots of room for improvement yet. I always appreciate the fouls drawn though.</p>

<p>Kind of fun to watch us score 110 points. Don't fret about NY getting over 90. The score was padded quite a bit in GT.</p>

<p>GO PISTONS!!!!!</p>
  14. roscoe36

15. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

This win doesn't make me happy.

David Lee started as center........that alone was a turnoff.
  16. max

max All-Star

I heard on the radio at halftime that they just had their 1st chance to practice defensive sets with AI.

Its going to take a few more games but things really came around last night. Starters looked good and just when everyone was giving up on Amir. Stucky, Afflalo came up huge. Maxiel looked great.
  17. copper

copper Bench Warmer

the player movement is what I was happy to see again. I also like the fact that MC seems to be trying out the AI/Rip sets. Double downs for both, sit Rip and let AI and Stuck play....then sit AI and let Rip go..I really liked the energy of Amir ,Max, afflalo and stuck. they were flying. Amir really seemed to be faster than everyone else. The defensive intensity and boarding picked up with Amir and Max in there as well.
  18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I missed it :pout:. Knick in 60 is on at 1 so i'll try to catch that. Glad to see Amir making me look good LOL, and nice to see Stuck put up the assists. Looks like it was a good game. Hopefully it translates against better competition. POR should provide a good test.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Well, I thought that was one of the most fun games to watch in quite a while. The first few minutes were strange with everyong fumbling the ball and NY getting a bunch of offensive rebounds, but then it just turned into a highlight reel for the zoo crew. So many plays where I just couldn't believe our players were making them... the passing, the dunks, Afflalo's shooting, AI's baseline drive and dish to Amir! Amir's Tay-like block from out of nowhere. Even Stuckey hit back to back J's!!

But the main thing that I take away from this game is that Curry may have discovered a solution to our problem of having a bunch of young energy players with weak jumpshots... play them all together and let them run. Stuck/ Afflalo/ Tay/ Maxiell/ and Amir went crazy out there. Like someone said, most of Stuck's assists were in transition, well that's great.

We'll have to see if this can be used against teams like Boston.
  20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Good for Amir and good for all the youth. It is nice to see some serious production from them. Yes, please note that Afflalo is hitting his shots. A good sign. Stuckey must get a more consistent jumper. Then, he will be a real problem for the opposition. I have been critical of the lack of production from our youth but we absolutely need them to step up to be a real contender.

Rip will find himself and is showing signs of that.

Agree, Dre, Kwame will play big against some of the bigger and better teams but what is this feeding him in the post stuff? He is not a good offensive option.

It was only the Knicks but that's fine.

Curry needs to work on the team getting back. Teams just waltz through the Pistons out on the break.