NY Knicks March 11th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 7, 2009.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I give this post a B+. :thumb[1]:
  2. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I'm good with it Ernie. Like i said before; I post for my own enjoyment and if somebody else thinks it is worth reading and commenting on; great. If not; then that is fine too.
  3. raxrets

raxrets Starter

Ppl here are anazyzing, overanalyzing and superoveranalyzing every moment of the game like it is played like chess on the chessboard.

But things sometimes just happen. sometimes player makes an idiotic shot but misses next easy layup. In hockey players are missing good chances but score on reflections, lucky bounces and so on.

take it easy, there is no need to make gloomy predictions based on one game or even worse, on one play.

were those games vs Hawks and Knicks winnable? undoubtely. But sometimes you win winnable games, sometimes you lose them.

And pistons is not so good team who could win every winnable game, missing one or two important pieces.

PEACE.
  4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Amir did look bad when he came in the game in the first quarter. I don't think he was over THAT shock and then they try and feed him the ball at the top, ala Sheed, I think he panicked.

He settled down though and was aggressive on the boards. He knocked a lot of balls around last night for us to pick up even though he didn't get credit for the board. He also altered a few shot attempts by the Knicks, which is nice to see, because I don't think we have another big that does it. Sheed plays his defense early where Amir hasn't learned that yet so he has to make up for it by altering the shot by trying to block it.
  5. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yeah, that stunk. But it was nice to see Stuckey running the show on the last possession there and he made the right basketball play when the extra defender committed to him... just a shame Dyess couldn't catch that.
  6. max

max All-Star

I agree. Most of the good coaches do not use it either. I can't recall us ever doing that when LB was here.

I though Hughes did a good job of selling that foul. 2 years ago it would not have been called. What really got me was not being able to even get a shot up on that final play. Stucky dribbling down to 2 secs only to chuck it out of bounds is not the way to win a game.
  7. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Maxiell was picked 26th, 4 picks ahead of David Lee.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Uh-oh, do i have to get this copyrighted ? LOL

The one thing i like about the games lately is that i can't wait for the next one win or loss. Before i was dreading the next game and thinking that maybe trying to start a petition to give the Pistons time off to "practice" was a good idea.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would say this year he has as both of them are lounging as you say at the end of their respective benches. Channing played a bunch in his first 2 years in NY while Max barely broke a sweat the first season playing footsey with Darko at the end of the bench..

You are correct though, the dropoff after the top six has been dramatic the past 3 years and have kept us a sniff from the finals....
  10. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Sorry Low, Coach Curry said we had been playing good defense so he wanted to give the defense the opportunity to work magic. That Coach for you.
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This post is not worth reading or commenting on.

Wait a minute - DOH!
  12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Basically you are saying you would have taken our guys against theirs in a free throw war.

I myself wouldn't take our guys against Detroit Mercy's softball team in a free throw war, much less another NBA squad.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The Knicks are looking to pick up Delfino from Russia + sign Samb for the rest of the year... reportedly.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Was Samb at the game Wednesday?? He is listed as DNP in the box score, but don't recall anyone pointing out that he was there on the bench or even Blaha or Kelser mentioning it...he is not that hard to hide

Then again, D'Antoni didn't play Chris Wilcox either:?? We could have used him as one of our back-ups...Is he a FA that can be had for a couple $million this summer??:confused:
  15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

He's an unrestricted FA this summer. He's currently making $6.75M. 26 years old, 6-10, 235 lbs. Could be a nice pickup for the right price.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I can't believe how light most of the NBA players are for how tall they are and how strong they look.

Wouldn't you think a guy like Wilcox would be more than 235? Maybe the data is just outdated.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It is that along with the TV adding weight. These guys make running up & down the court look easy. If you can't do that it doesn't matter how well you can shoot or how nice your moves are.