NY Knicks March 11th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Typical play. Dyess stays back for the rebound. Where is Amir? He is at the other end of the floor trying to lead a fast break. But the the rest of the Pistons don't cross half court, not one of them, until about 3 seconds later.

Amir is doing his job. Dyess is doing his job. The other 3? Sleeping.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think Ernie and I are cool now. I PM'd him, and he PM'd back that he didn't even see my comments because I was already on his ignore list as the "Hater Leader".

;)
  3. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Well I hope Antonio doesn't feel like taking the advice of these guys

*language alert*

Turn the volume down if you are at work, school, or with the kids.

YouTube - I'm On A Boat (ft. T-Pain) - Album Version
  4. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I love ernie

I never take anything he says seriously

even though I only see what he posts when I'm logged off.....(ignoredignoredignored) :eyebrows:
  5. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

We lost this same way to the Knicks last year (or was it the year before) at the Garden. Triple overtime loss I think it was. Except last time it was Chauncey that fouled on last second 3-point attempt.
  6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

really?

Wow.
  7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

to me it is almost amusing how such clear biases against players/coaches clouds everyone's view of the game. i was there (and it was as dead and empty as it's been all year, no energy from the crowd) and let me tell you what i observed.

max sucked tonight. plain and simple, he had a bad game. lee isn't as explosive but has a similar game and is simply taller and more consistent. if we had sheed/dice and max coming off the bench he could wreak havoc on NY...but not as a starter. but he's played great lately so i'm not worried about it.

we relied on the jumper tonight far too often. we were making them but you can't go the whole night like that. we also missed about 5 layups which were absolutely killer.

stuck had a very nice game but deferred a little too much to rip in the 2nd half. he could get into the paint at will but instead let rip create and that led to the 8 turnovers. also, stuckey backs away far too often when guys come out to trap, and it leads to wasted seconds on the shot clock and result in zero ball movement

amir was absolutely ATROCIOUS and i'm surprised curry let him stay in as long as he did. he entered the game and immediately ruined 3 straight possessions for us.

tay was lazy on D tonight, letting defenders drive past him at all. stuckey and bynum couldn't contain robinson.

speaking of atrocious games, let's talk about will bynum, who was absolutely TERRIBLE. he got schooled by robinson and killed our offense in the 4th quarter. he looked like flip murray trying to get his own offense. when he was PG in the 4th we had about 5 straight possessions where we didn't shoot until 5 or fewer seconds were left on the shot clock. he never worked the ball around and as a result we were left with trying to iso on our mismatches even though we don't have great 1-on-1 players. i can't believe no one's even talked about this yet...people are so busy propping up amir and hating on herrmann.

here's the truth: amir, max, and kwame are okay off the bench but that is all they will ever be - complementary players on a 2nd unit.
  8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

It was nice seeing Amir hit that outside shot but I gotta tell ya...

That release of his is so slow that he makes Jamaal Wilkes look like Michael Redd.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Is there a non-ignore function where I can just list the 2 or 3 people I don't want to ignore? That would save me a lot of time.:)

Delfino Delivers, I was only joking yesterday using your name as a prop based on a response I gave to you after the O-Town game. Roscoe told me where it was and I probably still can't use the ignore function. I got to use the lpg method for now.
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

I always hear after these losses how LB would use Max at the 3 and "punish" teams in the post like he did with Corliss which would be great except for the fact that Max doesn't have a post game.
  11. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

The "pretend it didn't happen" method?

Or the "Leecap is how it happened" method?

Whadduyoumean Ernie? Cause I got a few of 'em.

you got some 'splaining to do Lucy!

[​IMG]
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

You're stuck watching the game in full speed which probably warps your view. If you were seeing everything in slo-mo you'd probably see what everyone else is. Maybe you could take some valiam before you go to the next game to slow things down?
  13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

:pound::pound:
  14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

OMG this is very funny! LMAO.
  15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Hughes has made 61 threes this year in 148 attempts... but that is a fluke if anything. Let's not build him up to be some great three point shooter... he's a horrendous jump shooter actually and only shoots 31% for his career on three pointers. I would've let him take a mildly contested 3 pointer... the odds favor it not going in.

I'll also note that for some reason Hughes was getting superstar phantom foul calls late last night. WTF was the deal with that?
  16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Agree. He is a good rebounder and he hustles a lot. The pistons could use him. His defense is quite shakey. But he will be in demand.
  17. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Those hand-offs that you speak of are almost as effective as Prince running the point... almost. :)
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

I agree. Does anyone think Special K played the role of drunken booster yesterday and broke company line regarding AI? He's basically saying that AI is sitting out because he has yet to come to grips with his role on the team.

Transcript of live chat with MSU great, Pistons announcer Greg Kelser | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press
  19. max

max All-Star

I did not realize until looking at the box. Prince played 50 mins last night.

I thought Herman was going to be his backup. Someone should tell Curry that backups are supposed to play when the starter is on the bench - not on the floor.

AA played 18 secs and we still lost.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

I don't think he would approach any of his numbers if he played for DET.