NY Knicks March 11th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 7, 2009.

1. max

max All-Star

Amir had some good plays out there too. Overall it was a very dissapointing game. Needed some extra fire power out there in the 4th and OT. We need AI back and integrated or this team could be headed for a 1st round exit.

Kid of teed off at some of the calls to close the 4th Q out. What appeared to be a clean block by I think it was Dyess or Stucky was whistled for a foul and that 3-pt call was very questionable I thought. Those 2 calls gave the Knicks a 5-pt advantage.

I know TO's were a problem but when do the Knicks take care of the ball that well on their end? Combine that with what seemed like half their shots taken being 3's that started falling in the 2nd half and there you go.

Bottom line - Pistons have to protect leads better. We were up by 12 at on point in the 4th and blew it.
  2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

another lesson for rookie coach. Better appreciate that.

:lecturer:

Next year I expect MC to be more confident and hopefully is able to develope more his "coaching fingerprint", Now team is searching his soul as coach too.
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

NY stepped up and D and the Pistons either didn't have the energy or cunning to respond. Curry took the energy by overplaying guys through the first three and as for cunning...

I think roscoe said it earlier in the thread that the Pistons don't win when Dyess has a big game. Yes, but I think it extends beyond that. They usually don't win when anyone has a big game. They don't seem to know how to deal with it, probably one of the reasons it's been hard to integrate AI. Everyone seems to want to let the guy having the big game get more, like the incredibly bad pass to Dyess under the hoop late in the game. Come on, the man's got 200 rebounds, throw the ball towards the rim and let him get the board rather than forcing a pass through seven Knicks players.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

When the Pistons aren't playing well and all of you are sad,
    that means it's time for some humor. Good or BAD...

Here goes...

QUESTION: Why were the Pistons hot at the end of the game?

ANSWER: Because all of the fans left the building... :heh:
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

No kidding...The Palace was pretty empty toward the end of the game.
  6. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Not a problem. If it's a joke; it isn't real funny.

If it's not a joke; oh well. I don't take myself so seriously that it matters who does and does not read my posts.

My posting here is for my own enjoyment and sanity. I have no one in my immediate circle friends that are basketball fans like me so I post to vent and get different opinions.

I have a wife and four kids so being ignored is nothing new. :nerner:
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Good Merc-cap.
  8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Ugggggggghhh!

...Rip ...Rip ...Rip.

You were having such a fine game dude. 11 for 11 at one point according to G-Blaha.

"Like I always say", I understand that you were trying to make a play and trying to contest Hughes' shot but you CAN'T foul there. That's basketball 101. That's fundemental stuff that any JV High School baller should know. I put that on Rip and Curry as he should have made it perfectly clear during that time-out to foul on the catch and DON'T foul on a 3 attempt. What if you foul him and he cans the 3 for a possible 4 point play.

...poor coaching but Rip shoulda' known better anyway.

The play that REALLY bothered me though was the one in overtime where Rip took the hand-off from Stucky (I just LOVE the hand-off) and proceeded to dribble directly to the right corner and into a trap from 2 Knicks defenders. That was turnover #8 for Rip Hamilton and game, set and match for the Knicks. I used to do this same thing ...when I was 8 years old in Junior Y-League. NEVER dribble into the corner where you can be surrounded by the baseline and sideline.

...Ugggghhhhh! :gaah:
  9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

BTW - I actually think it's quite funny when Ernie calls people "haters" and threatens to put them on ignor.
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah...I got the joke too.

BTW way Herrmann +1 and Dyess -10 last night.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dyess's 10 offensive rebounds were pretty impressive. Most of Dyess's offensive rebounds just look like defensive rebounds because somehow he's actually boxing the other guy out.

First 20 rebound game for the Pistons since Ben Wallace.

First 20-20 game for the Pistons since_________ ?. I think Blaha said 1993 or something like that. Anybody remember?

FG's for the bench, the Knicks had 16 for 49 points and we had 5 for 12 points. Bench outscored by 37? Ouch.

Here's the other strange part though. We got 25 more rebounds than the Knicks. Yet they only missed 5 more shots than we missed... and we lost. How does that happen?
  12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I thought that post of ernie's was obviously in jest, and hilarious.

Meaning that ernie should probably cease and desist right now......
  13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Love this :thumb:
  14. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

On a game note....

Do people really think (up 3) Curry should have advocated a quick foul and a subsequent free throw war?

All these games and it's like no one has been paying attention.

A clutch free throw shooting team, we are not.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree with you on that. We had a very good chance of winning the game without fouling them. Even if they make a 3 and tie us, we still have a chance to win after that. There was too much time on the clock to get into a free throw shooting contest with them... unless we had CB back.

Also, pretty decent play by Stuckey to get the ball inside to Dyess. That would have won the game for us if he didn't fumble it. Stuck faked Dyess out too though.
  16. Delfino Delivers

He actually did this in two straight possessions.

This is another case of diminishing returns. MC has to figure out a way to limit Dice's second half minutes. The rotations with Amir and Kwame that were used in the first half helped us build a 10 point lead. Again we had a 12 point lead near the end of the third I believe but the lack of substitutions cost us in the end. It was given back when Walter came in but he had the right strategy; he just didn't use it the whole game.

I used to say this back when Flip was coaching. The games are 48 minutes but they are a marathon, not a sprint. Help your team stay fresh for the last 5 minutes and you always have a shot at winning. This team has enough talent to keep a game close using the bench. They may not be able to blow a team out but they should be able to maintain a lead if Walter's minutes would be given to AA.

Maybe MC can't coach for 48 minutes. Maybe we need to limit his minutes? Let him stay in the locker room til the start of the fourth so we can get rest for our players ending the third quarter. Then MC can come out and put all his starters in for the whole fourth.
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I watch Lee on a regular basis. I live in NY. Unfortunately, the Knicks are on way too much for anyone's liking. Lee is a rebounding machine. That's it. He can't defend the post. His help defense is mediocre, and his offensive game consists of a very streaky shot. He puts up the most useless double-doubles i've ever seen.

And to whoever said that Hermann just coming into the game means the leads going to disappear; it's completely true. I'm going to start tracking this LOL

We hurt alot offensively w/o Sheed. I never noticed how much.
  18. Delfino Delivers

I guess I will have to take responsibility for the loss. I was at the game and I typically where my AJ tee to the ballgame. We are 4-0 with the tee in the seats. I was running late and didn't have time to change.

Last night I was frustrated watching AJ's first few minutes of action but after he settled down he did have a positive impact on this game. He challenges and alters A LOT of shots during a ballgame. He also was able to pry away 3-4 rebounds last night from NY to give us extra possessions.

He does make mistakes that all show up in the stat sheets but he also makes plays that don't show up and that are positive.
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Wow, I never considered that.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Bison Dele, 26 points, 20 boards.