1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Novice League Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Rants, Gripes, Trash Talking, Celebrations, commentary for the novice league. And more trash talking. But clean trash.

I would start talking smack at max11 but then I looked at his team and figured I'd just as well :yield: right now. I can't say I was unlucky in the draft, I just did a poor job.

Tater: good luck finding a SF. I heard Antoine's agent mention that he'd like to get a starting role on the Totts.

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LOL @ the max thing Slippy.

You are behind the times on the sf's. Better wake up or you will be behind in the standings too.

Perhaps you overlooked my THREE (3) recent small forward acquisitions. Lemme introduce them to you although when we play each other you will know them well enough because they are gonna spank your boys. Say hello to:

Peja Stojakovic
    Donyell Marshall and
    James Jones (Phoenix...possible big sleeper pick)

:caked: Bring it on!!!!

3. Slippy

LOL. ITS ON! :boxing:
    I just looked at the trade thing and You made some good trades to fill that. You went from doughnut hole to cream custard filling and it only cost you your blocks and rebounds:P . Well, So much for shipping Antoine's ass out. If have need of shot blocking and rebounds you can come to SLippy's emporium of Mid to Upper Echelon Bigs. Slippy is always looking to augment his cadre of young, wildly inconsistent and injury prone PG's.

Good pickup on jones. I think when we match up, it'll be interesting. You concede blocks and rebounds with a (formidable) guard heavy line up while my pine riding little ones will give up assists and threes.

4. Darth Tater

I can't wait! Let the games (and smack talk) begin!!!!!!!!!!!! :blah::peace::laser::whoo:

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I have some flashy bigs, and no guards at all. Just Sam Cassell. Unfortunately I don't seem very deep at any position to do much tradin'.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

linwood, hit me up if you want to discuss some moves. I have lots of players to play with.

Btw, cassel is gold right now. Livingston is injured for a month or so and very fragile. Cassel could put up very good #s this year.

7. linwood

linwood All-Star

Microwave

Thanks for the tip about ET. I would like to talk trades, but I think I am going to wait until after the 1st or 2nd week. Maybe by then I can get an idea of what I'm doing and what I need!

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I know you have donyell, and peja, but how did you get jones and why?

9. Darth Tater

I had a lot of guards so I grabbed an extra small forward to help. Apparently, the guy I picked up had a really nice preseason and I read somewhere that he might be "the steal of the draft." (I doubt it,lol).I didn't need Wesley, really, so I just did it.

I really have no idea what I'm doing so I can't give you much of an answer on that. Just trying to balance out my team a bit, I guess. Hopefully I can learn something about strategies this time around so I can be more competitive next season. :)

10. roscoe36

I'm hungry for some Tater Tots. Gunna snack down this week, put on 20lbs, but work it off by running up some wins.

It's a bad time to be a Sith Spud. You won't last 10 minutes in the MICROWAVE!

11. Darth Tater

Go ahead and eat all the greasy tater tots you want. It's just gonna make you fat, slow, and unhealthy.

As for me, I'm going to feast on a healthy sandwich. I'll heat my food up with a light sabre rather than use some broken down old appliance like a microwave oven. I like REAL heat. Not those fake nuke waves.

You better take your sorry arse guards somewhere else. This game is nothing more than an exhibition tune up for my guys. You may be able to beat slippy or someone with that CBA/Developmental league poor excuse for a lineup you have. But don't bring that weak stuff to the Tater Tots. :boink:

Prepare to get schooled Nukemeister. After beating you I may change my team's name to the "Teacher Tots"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::p

12. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

my man c-webb tearing it up in the first half v milwaukee

13. Slippy

my man D-Mase...so did not.

I'll be excited to see tonights results. It'll be the first real day of fantasy league...:confused: or something.

14. roscoe36

I took J-Rich outta my lineup last night because it was rumoured he may not play.

Shot 0.478
    28 points
    2 made 3s
    6 Reb
    2 assists
    2 blocks
    1 steal

I am what is known as a wimp.

15. linwood

linwood All-Star

I benched Maurice Williams, who scored 26 off the bench last night. I started Richard Jefferson, who scored 18, but was thrown out for fighting with... Maurice Williams. :doh:

After 2 days, looks like the Linwood Allstars are getting killed by mismanagement.

16. Slippy

Tinsley had flu-like symptoms. The last update said he was probably going to play. I sat him and his 5 assists and 5 steals down and played telfair

Telfair
    5 pts
    3 ass
    3 t/o

at least he made a 3 so he had SOME value.

Mismanagement is right! I'm my teams worst enemy.:doh:

17. webz

Statement

Erick Dampier was last night waived by the Webz Wombatz.

Dampier has had a disappointing start to the season and is losing minutes with Dallas coach Avery Johnson choosing to go with smaller, faster line-ups.

"Its disappointing you know, I felt like I could help this team win, but its kind of hard to do that when you don't get to play."

Dampier's replacement is 6th year centre Mark Blount of the Boston Celtics. He has had a promising pre-season and looks like he will be getting solid minutes as the starting centre.

Said the Wombatz GM, "We feel like Mark is an up-and-coming centre in this league and can help contribute to this team right away."

Dampier's status is unknown as he flounders on the Free Agent market.

18. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Be careful. Big men always start off slow. They are usually the last members on the team to get in game shape.

19. webz

Yeah, but I swapped 1 centre for another and Blounts minutes should be higher than Dampiers. Either way, they both won't be significant contributors.

20. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

true. true. true.