Novice League Banter 07-08

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Oct 11, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LOL you are right he is there in full force dominating the board. I didn't get chance to stay on there long enough to see any wikipedia references, but I an sure he posted up a storm when the real Budda came during last weeks ceremony. :)

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

There are tie break scenarios. I lost a baseball league last year on a tiebreak. I think it's lousy because if your team isn't strong in the tiebreak cat, you're screwed, so it's good to know that early in the season.

Looks like I won my first league after about 10,000 tries.

Yipeeeeeee!

Thanks to everybody, and Bill for a great season. Just kidding. Bill is included in everybody. :)

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Congratulations Roscoe! It was a very tight series, coming down to three steals.
    :party2::dancingparty:

Nice job with the win. I wonder how many #6 seeds won it all in other leagues?

It's nice to see the Tru Warrier finally get his ring.

4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Good job, Roscoe! Congrats!

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Congratulations Roscoe!!! You came on very strong toward the end of the season to make the playoffs in the last week and just kept it rolling. Good work my friend...you deserve the win :)

And I'd like to say thanks to all fellow Novice League GMs for helping to make my first fantasy season a lot of fun. In my best Arnold impersonation, "Ah'll be back" :shootingsoldier::MusicBigGrin:

I'd also like to thank Tater & Aurora for sharing their knowledge of fantasy bball and answering the many questions I had at the start of the season and during the course of it :)

6. LA Dre

Congrats Roscoe and fellow Fantasy BB 2008 champion.. when do we raise our banners above our avatars. I need to catch up with Darth Tater in decorations:MusicBigGrin:

7. linwood

linwood All-Star

No love for the commish. Now I know how David Stern feels, except without the wealth and influence.

8. LA Dre

Great job Linwood for keeping control of it..I think you ask me gently to get out of the league at the beginning of the season because of my perceived impeccable GM skills and make room for the real novices:whoo:

9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:canada::work: <---Ebeneezer Roscoe. He's a cheapskate. He still owes me a couple too.

He stopped giving out new banners long ago. He says it's clutter or something. I think maybe now that we colluded to let him win one of his own, he'll open up the vault and start sharing the wealth.

Actually, Roscoe says it's clutter or something. Go figure, those Cannuckians are odd birds!

How about just one banner for all the winners with their total ships listed? (like 4 championship Lane, or something?) Wouldn't even need to name the sport...Or there WAS that Hall of fame idea (but I still like the banners better)...:gun1:

10. detteam

detteam All-Star

:pound:

Oh, and a sincere thanks to Linwood for his impecable leadership and dedicated hard work! :D

11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'd also like to thank Linwood for keeping his commissioner skills contained exclusively to the Novice league. (Did you guys ever finally get to start your season??) :pound::pound::pound:

12. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I think linwood did a commendable job. He made good decisions early on that resulted in a smooth, competitive league.

Thanks linwood.:beer: