NOVICE Fantasy Basketball 2009

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Oct 9, 2009.

1. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This could be the end of my luck. After weeks of reserves playing well (Darren Collison and Beno Udrih) the starters have returned for to their respective teams and roles and minutes and ball time have been shuffled away from those two. It's really hurting. Plus having the Cavs wrap up home court won't help for my PFD Lebron James. Plus guys like Eric Gordon and Elton Brand are just so inconsistent, it's hard to judge what their output will be, and this week it has been low. Gordon is shooting about 20% for the week, and Brand has disappointed all season long.

2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Ah, don't throw in the towel yet, hitafreethrow. The Achilles heel of my team is that most were drafted for that "oh so addictive but to be avoided in fantasy sports" quality to a gal like me...POTENTIAL.

There isn't a consistent guy on there and you can be sure if someone is supposed to average 6 rebounds a game the way he'll do that is by getting 3 on Monday, 11 on Wednesday, 6 on Thursday and 4 on Saturday. That's only if the 11 rebound day happens.

Anyway, suffice it to say that I think our matchup will come down to the percentage cats and rebounds on Sunday, especially if Jason Maxiell truly is injured and can't give me Ben Wallace's replacement rebounds. Of course Ben is now playing so I could have had him after all. Oh whine complain...:)

...whatever I'm happy that Smooth Criminals were under the radar for very good reasons and managed to pull this off but I don't give myself airs about my GM abilities as a result of my good fortune. Anyway, I hope it's close because it's so much more fun that way.:)

3. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Nope. It's going to be close. Tonight and tomorrow the StatTracker is going to look like a slot machine. Freethrowsbaby has 14 player games to the Smooth Criminals 7 in the last two days, and that 8-1, 7-2 and now 6-2-1 lead has alot to do with the Criminals having played more games early in the week.

I've crunched the numbers subjectively, objectively, optimistically and pessimistically and based on the avg per month per player performance it's going to get very dicey in the 3s and the steals and the rebounds and freethrowsbaby's numbers carry the day IMO.

I know I am always predicting doom for the Criminals, but c'mon 14 guys against 7...my guys will have to rebound their tails off and then get lucky in either steals or 3s or god forbid ft%.

Still...it could happen...ya never know...but we've got to be startin' somethin'.

4. hitafreethrow

Well, here it is. Eric Gordon needs to make 4 three pointers and the Novice League Championship is mine! If not, Kimberly has been a great owner, and she deserves the title! Gordon has been in a slump, so maybe it is his night to break out. Good luck Kim! It's a late game, so I might not know until morning.

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Only 1 three away from a tie right now. Anyone know what the tiebreaker is?

My guys had one of their best weeks all season...too bad it wasn't for the championship :(

6. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

OMG he already has 2 of them and it's not even halftime. :shout::nopompom::rolleyes::)

And...Eric Gordon did get 3 3's just yesterday ..:cold:

No matter what happens, we can't get any more suspenseful that this hitafree...our championship matchup won or lost by a 3 pt shot!

Instead of staring at the StatTracker, I'm hiding in my bedroom reading a book and eating Girl Scout cookies. I'll just creep out here to the computer once in a while and see if Ron-Ron's 2 valiant 3 pters from earlier today are still holding up. Sigh...:)

7. hitafreethrow

We be tied, we be tied! If things end in a tie, I'd rather just leave it that way. Tiebreakers are pointless. I have no problem sharing the win with Kim!

8. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

OMG! LOL. :pound::pound:I just had a feeling about this as things unfolded late last night. Well, your Eric still has a whole half to get a 3 pter so it's not over yet, and yes if we did end up tied it would be very festive to end it on a tie, although I'm sure the Yahoo computer would have something to say about it! You have the better record, and that's probably the tiebreaker. But anyway that's almost beside the point it's so much fun to be tied in the last half of the last game of the Novice Fantasy Basketball Season. :) What a riot!

9. hitafreethrow

Never would have imagined this. It's great. Right down to the wire. This has been an interesting season to say the least...Gordon has been stylin the last two games, so hopefully he can just pull it off. I will split the prize money with you if you lose!

10. hitafreethrow

One quarter to play...still need that three there Eric. Any time now. Really down to the wire.

11. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I got 3rd place....somehow....

12. hitafreethrow

Well, I stayed up for the game. Eric Gordon had 3 threes, all in the first half. We are tied, 4 to 4. I guess we wait until the morning after all to find out how Yahoo! settles this dispute!

13. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

@aurora: do not forget to share your prizemoney with hita!

14. hitafreethrow

I'm going to throw a pizza party at Chucky Cheese for everyone here at pistonsforum.com with my prize money! Beer, Za, and Whack-a-Mole. Sounds great.

15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like hita technically wins it.

Hita and Kim each won a matchup and lost a matchup this season. Kim won 5-4, hita won 6-3. That means hita wins 10-8. I'm not sure if they score it by individual categories or by overall matchup, but hita had the higher playoff seed (7), so he wins either way. Kind of an unsatisfying end to a great season followed by a completely unreal topsy-turvy playoffs.

Congratulations to all on a thoroughly enjoyable season! I'm looking forward to defending my "regular-season championship" next year and plan to dedicate the season to Flip Saunders. :nopompom:

16. hitafreethrow

It wont be unsatisfying when we meet at "Chuckie Bries" down the street from Rascoes, and you have a pitcher of Molson Canadian in your hand CJ! Canadian beer on my all night baby! YAAAAH WE'RE GOIN STREAKIN!

17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Well I don't think that it was that unsatisfying of an end and I was the one that lost the one that hurt the most, technically! But then I like the "not knowing until the last game of the week" type suspense, so this matchup with hita couldn't have been more suspenseful. Now, sure I wish Eric Gordon had hit 1 less 3 in the last game...but man my playoff matchups were bipolar compared to my regular season...so I can't be too greedy. I played two weeks longer than I expected to.

To tell the truth, once Eric tied up our 3s cat and I knew the best I could hope for was a tie, I was kind of rooting for him to hit another 3. Just to have it be official and not a tiebreaker. A tiebreaker is just an icky way to lose. But Eric bless his heart couldn't hit another 3 and being that his average per game is only 1.3 he'd already performed above and beyond the call of duty for freethrowsbaby.

Congratulations to hitafreethrow for putting together the win between our regular season matchup and our finals. Freethrowsbaby are the champs!

18. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

great season, all

19. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

hita and the champ???

I hope that he will remain tactful and won't rub it under our noses too frequently.... :toilet:

20. hitafreethrow

When do I get my trophy to put under my handle? Come on Rascoe, hook it up.