Nov 6 Monday 9PM Detroit at Utah

Discussion in 'November 2006' started by max, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Re: Detroit @ Utah - November 6th 9:00 PM EST

I wish CB would attack the basket more. He can take most PG off the dribble, if he doesn`t finish he can at least get to the FT line, he does shoot near 90%!

Sheed seemed to be quicker on defense tonight, now he needs a little help. Boy, I hate to say it but now you can see how effective Sheed and Ben was/could be together defending the paint.

Some help for Sheed with the interior defense and some agressive - attack the basket offense and we could be alright........
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Man that's true... I didn't think of that but this could be labeled a "Stern loss"
  3. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Anyone get blacked out on League PAss? I just bought it last week and experienced my first blackout. Im in Atlanta so I thought the West Coast trip would be fine? anyone have experience with this and can offer some insight?
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Definitely a walk by Memo that gave them 4 points including the Cowens tech. Difference maker here in a closely played and officiated game.

Despite the less than inspired play by Rip and CB, the bench looked good and Sheed is played his 3rd good game in a row. Their guard play of Williams, Giricek and Fisher were pesky and outplayed our guards. Williams and Fisher had more assists (14) than our whole team Ouch!!

Once again we even out rebounded the opposition for the 4th straight game, but a key block and a TO killed us in the last minute of play.

Based on what I saw tonight, the rest of this trip should produce W's
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Just as a reminder... lotta folks said they'd gladly take some early losses to develop the bench more.
    I've been critical of Carlos... but if he can continue to play at this level then he's EARNED his right to play.
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

too annoyed and PO'ed to post my recap. i'll snag it tomorrow when i'm calmer, but we got screwed outta this one.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hopefully someone here chimes in with some advice. Sorry to hear you missed the game. I listened on the radio.

Something that new school fans will have to accept is that this team will always have ref trouble. It is not a sexy team the league wants to promote. If they are going to win, they will have to do it at a disadvantage some nights.

If the Bad Boys could do it in Boston Garden, this team can do it in OooooTaaaaaH.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

There's no legit reason to be blacked out... if it happens again you gotta get on the phone right away... they usually will reprogram it for you quickly (at least directv does)
  9. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

Hello to all ...a single difference this evening has decided the result....shoot jazz 48 pistons 41(2) and 50 vs 33 (3) ...assist 28 - 11...mah

Sorry for my english and .....

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISTONSSSSSSSSSSSSS FOREVERRRRRRR
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No problems here, Kpaav. I have had League pass since 1998 and have never had a game blacked out that I can recall. :noidea: On occassion the NBA TV has been blacked out when it was playing a Laker or Clipper road game, but then we could find that game on a local independent station. Call your provider and complain like Mercury suggests as soon as you experience it and they should be able to fix it right away.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This is a game of pure Irony. On one hand as a Piston Fan I hate we lost, you never want to see your team lose.
    On the other hand as a hoop fan, they don't get much better than this. 2 good teams, playing hard coming down the stretch, and players making plays.
    On the other-other hand, man the refs just....just.......:gun1: , that's how I feel. I really like the fact the team has to shut up and play, on the other hand I hate we can't argue the OBVIOUS F'd calls, man oh man. It seems as if there is a Hitler type of dominance by the refs now, at times I felt like calling the ACLU. I really think that the league needs to hold the refs under a magnifying glass now. Their should be a ton of pressure to get it right seeing as how they now have eminent domain over the game.
    On a good note, when Tay, Rip and Chuancy can suck it up as bad as they did and we can go on the road and get 100+ against a team as tough as Utah and almost win, that's a damn good night. This is one of those games that I don't mind losing for the sake of developing. I pray that we have a Larry Brown/ Pat Riley type of season, start off decent, the team starts to gel and then WHAM!!!!! The chemistry comes together full circle just as the playoff season rolls upon us.
  12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

glad to hear flip not lying down and taking it...see below

From the AP report:

Wallace was still unhappy, to put it mildly, after the game and said he got the technical more on his reputation than what he said after thinking he was fouled when he made a shot that got the Pistons within 44-42 in the second quarter.

"I was just running down the court and said 'And one," Wallace said. "This cat (referee Steve Javie) is looking at me from the other side of the court and he bangs me up."

Wallace and coach Flip Saunders had a few other adults-only words in their postgame comments.

Saunders said the game shouldn't have been decided by technical fouls.

"My comment is that we might as well play 'PlayStation' if we are going to take the emotion out of it," Saunders said.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't care what the result was tonight, it is good to see that the Pistons can still play smash mouth power ball when they really want to. Sheed, Dyess, JMax, Nazr were all playing HARD. They were getting their paws on everything.

Delfino looked very tough as well.

If we play like this even half the time, we are going to win a lot of games.
  14. max

max All-Star

Yes thats something we are going to have to keep in mind this season. The bench helped tonight, especially with Billups lethargic play, but there will be plenty of other times when we lose a close one and play armchair coach wondering why Tay or whoever did not play more. The theme of this season is to win enough games while developing a solid post-season bench.

That 4-point play (okurs non-travel 3-pt and Cowens T ) did hurt and never should have happened. What can you do? There is a reason why there is so much disparity between home and road losses.

On the plus side this should translate over to a W when they visit the Palace and as for the rest of the trip stops in LA and SAC are not what they used to be.

I thought Sheed and Dyess have been doing a good job after game 1 trying to establish somekind of paint defense. Now the guards have to step up more and stop letting their guys blow by them. A couple of plays there Chauncey was just not paying attention. Overall the Pistons continue doing a good job reversing the precedent set in game #1. You can tell Utah was trying to really take it inside and had to back off a bit as the game went on.
  15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Took the Bad Boys a few years to do it in Boston, at least when it counted. I hope we don`t have to wait that long!
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

The refs are so inconsistant, how are you going to call a tech on Sheed for saying "And 1". This is BS. I don't really care about the loss right now. I know that Sheed and Nazr were the only starters doing good, and if one of our perimeter players had an average game the Pistons would of won. I hope this stops soon.
  17. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

No doubt we outrebounded the Jazz but we gave up too many offensive rebound to them. If we have limited them to one shot, we would have won the game easily. Hopefully, we will improve on this.

CB had a bad shooting night and so does RIP. But CB has not been shooting well since the season started. If he is not shooting well, he should be distributing the ball better. He's the PG and should make more plays by moving the ball around.

Instead of being victims to the new rule in the NBA, CB should take advantage by driving to the hoop more against bigger guards or post up against smaller guards. He will definitely go to the line more doing stuffs like that and he is a 90% FT shooter.

So far the bench has been doing well, hopefully they will be more consistent all season.
  18. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

I agree with ya jz. We were unsure of how our bigs would play as a unit and saw first hand the problems we were going to face from the PIP in the first game. They have however played well in the last 3 games and our weakness today was with our guards. Flip played well but our starters were certainly not up to par. Someone has to let CB know that he must take advantage of his size. Even tho we are .500 i have a good feeling about this team. I dont know how AJ is progressing but i would love to see him play 6-10mpg and brahma 12-15mpg. Any thoughts?
  19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm with you. First game this season I actually let let myself enjoy. At some point in the fourth I realized I wasn't thinking about Flip or rotations or contracts or changes in the rules on defense and was just having fun watching basketball. You know, I like games when they score 100 points. A win would have been nice though.

Yep.
  20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

He was doing that in the first 3 games--his totals were 29 assists against only 3 turnovers. But he only had 4 assists against 2 TOs last night.