no respect for chauncey.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by bball jay, Oct 4, 2005.

1. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

for chauncey ranked # 8 among point guards by some guy at cbs sportsline. he put kirk heinrich in front of chauncey. lol. man the pistons get no respect. there is no way he isn't in the top 5 of nba pgs.

nobody in front of him has ever won any championships. maybe this guy doesn't take winning into account when he ranks players.
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

You have to be kidding me!

KIRK HEINRICH????

WOW! Now if that isn't the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Heck yeah no respect

Not even top 5, I'd have to say top 3.
    #1 Allen Iverson
    #2 Steve Nash
    #3 Chauncey
    Thats in the regular season come playoff time I would put Chauncey in first, Allen in second, and Nash in third. Does anyone look at that stupid website anyway? When i go to any site besides this i go to nba.com, espn.com,si.com, and foxsports.com. Man a Finals MVP ranked 8th.:mad:
  4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

5. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I second that!!! :frusty: WTF????
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Oh I just sent that guy my opinion it said on the article that you could. Man that guy needs to get his facts straight.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It's totally ridiculous because I bought a cbs sportsline.com magazine the other day and they ranked Billups 4th and Hinrich 12th. Come on now...things have changed THAT much in the OFFSEASON, no less? And when you read what they have to say about Billups on the website, he should pass several of those guys just based on what THEY are saying.

BTW... for what it is worth (nothing)they ranked ...

Hamilton 5th among sg's in the magazine.

Prince 5th at sf

Sheed 11th at pf

Ben 5th at C
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Thats only this "genius". The magazine probably has smarter guys rating them. I understand how they might put Sheed in 11th now, but his stock is going to go way up after this season.
  9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I hate to bring this up but I wonder does this guy have the Larry Bird virus? A warped since of thinking. Seems kind of odd that out of the blue Kirk Hinrich is ranked that high. He is a great young player with a lot of upside but he has no ring on his finger nor does he have any conference championship banners or a finals MVP to his name.
  10. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

billups

C.B. will listen to the people saying he isnt good enough then go out and prove them wrong. I just dont understand how people cant see how good he is, but us pistons fans know better.
  11. Fool

Fool First Round Draft Pick

"What you find below are the Top 20 point guards based on their effectiveness for this year"
    Its a prediction list more then a classic ranking.

"All Billups does is takes and makes the big shot."

Thats a rather poor description of Chauncey overall. And considering its a prediction of production list and Flip is supposed to loosen the reigns on Billups, ranking him 8th seems to be more of a "what he has been known for" ranking rather than a "what he will do next season" ranking.
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Who gives a damn about journalists, most of these dudes are nerds that never played S#!+, their word means SQUAT. The dudes on that list in this fraternal brotherhood of the NBA, know Chauncey, and they know he is a beast. Other guards hate trying to defend this bull of a PG, dude is built like a rock and can dish out pain, ask Tony Parker. The only other guard as big as Chauncey is Arenas, and Chauncey always gives Gilbert all he can handle and then some, and usually puts a W in the books. I guarantee you that there is not a PG in this league who feels a night with Chauncey is an easy night, they know that they'll have their work cut out for them at both ends of the floor.
  13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

KGreg

You're absolutely right. Players on other teams know what they are facing when they play the Pistons and what those columnists think really doesn't matter one bit.

I just wonder why so many people outside of Michigan refuse to give the Pistons team and individual players their due, whether it's other basketball fans, journalists or the league. Two years making it to the finals (and winning one of them) and people still can't or won't see it.

People are certainly entitled to their own opinions, but it's just a shame that not one idiot writer can see the two time defending E.C champs as a serious threat to win again. I'm not saying that they will win it all or taking anything away from Miami and Indiana. Those teams are certainly capable of knocking us off.

I think it shows what a great job Dumars has done. People still cannot seem to grasp what he's put together. This team truly was built in his own image. With the bad boys, most people noticed Rodman, Zeke, Laimbeer, and Salley. Joe was just there. Steady and hard working. All over Jordan. Making shots when you needed them and bringing home championships.

I guess in the end it is good that others prefer to see self centered players light up the scoreboards in January rather than watch players who sacrifice for the benefit of their team. I certainly enjoy watching MY team play in June.:nod:
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

That moron hasn't replied to me yet, he better get it through his head that Chauncey is way better than 8th. Many people consider him in the top 3. Any ways this is what the Pistons like, and this is how they do better so keep it coming you're only making a deadly team even more deadly.
  15. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

kirk who?

SAY WHAT!?!?! You've got to be freckin kidding me fellas!!!!! What kind of imbecile selects kirk freckin hinrich over Mr. Big Shot aka C-note, hinrich has yet to prove anything in his career yet and usually defers to ben gordan most of the time when times get rough. Meanwhile all of the basketball world knows who we prefer to go to or through in the clutch, Chauncey Billups all day! The only thing he does better than Chauncey is work the pick & roll properly, that's it, nothing more whatsoever! I would expect this type of shoty work from a hack like marc stein or charley rosen, but now there is a new ignorant so called analyst on the block.
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i'm cool with Stein now, but the guy's name is Tony Meija and he's pretty stupid. Now with Reggie gone Chauncey along with Kobe are the best crunchtime players in the NBA, and players who do great when it counts I like.
  17. Tyskillz

Just ask A.I.

Well said K... Allen Iverson's comments about how good the Pistons are after the crushing game 4 loss we handed them as well as after the series said it all. I recall him stating (something like, not a direct quote) "most people just don't understand how good those guys REALLY are, it's like they have an all-star at every position. They're a great team that plays together and that's who I'll be rooting for throughout the playoffs." What better praise can you get than that from your own peers and competitors. Therefore I agree whole heartedly K, screw the prognosticators and their flawed views and illogical assesments!
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I remember that. AI has always been my favorite player, but he used to be so mean. This season he changed a lot, and he's a good person now. He also said that Chauncey is one of the best pointgaurds in the league right now. (thats right cbssportsline he's not the 8th best he is one of the best.)
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

If Chauncey rolled up to the playground and there were nothing but NBA players at the park, I guarantee you CB gets picked up for some run before half of the clowns the press rank above him. Chauncey rolls up like,
    Chauncey: "Yo, who got next"
    KG: "Me"
    Chauncey: "you got ya 5?"
    KG: "I do now........yo Kirk, you out man, c'mon Smooth lets hold court"
  20. Tyskillz

Dat's Right!

LMAO!!! No doubt K, however I've got my own rendition of how it would likely go....

Chauncey rolls up like,
    Chauncey: "Yo, who got next"
    KG: "What up C, I got em"
    Chauncey: "you tryin to win, you know you need to let me run?"
    KG: "Fa'sho, yo Kirk I got my 5 already man, so bounce ya lil overrated @ss up outta here!"