1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

No changes? Lions front office

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Ozarkruffrider, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

And since Jr runs them, enjoy the product. There is no defense for Jr and what he's done to this team.

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think that this organization is bad enough that there's plenty of blame to share. I don't think any one person is solely responsible. It takes a village to raise an idiot.

3. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

A cadaver could fill in any of those slots. lol

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

0-15 A new NFL record...

Thanks for the memory Bill Clay.

6. anakin

You would think a drunken monkey flinging darts at a draft board could pick better than this front office and scouting team of buffoons. What more needs to happen before changes occur?

7. jammertime

Wow, that is completely unbelievable. There goes are chances of getting a GM with any brains. Who would want to come into a situation like that with their hands tied and without full control to do what they see fit?

8. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I'm not going to say I told you so, because I'm just as shocked.

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

A good GM could handle Lewand and Mayhew, besides they might accually respect him. Clearly there was no reason to respect Millen.

10. anakin

Why would a good GM come here w/o some semblance of overall organizational control? What makes the unholy trinity of Sr., Mayhew and Lewand think they are capable of hiring a good candidate? They haven't had enough brains to get rid of the scouting staff, after so many blown drafts. My visions of Pioli or Reese have vanished. My expectation was a full house cleaning, barring which, the seconday preference would be a GM with overall personnel authority.

11. jammertime

Couldn't agree more anakin. You took the words right out of my mouth. No, seriously. Check post #27. :MusicBigGrin:

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I think if this GM can keep Sr's nose out of it, it might not be that bad. You know the money will stink of eggesiousness.
    But you're right Sr. shouldn't have the final say about the GM.

13. anakin

I really think the old man is being petty, and as Samuelson said in his blog, vindictive towards the fans. It's my money, my team, so I can do anything I want. I'm, w/ Roscoe, I hope they keep on losing and fans completely disenfranchise this team.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think it should be obvious to everyone by Ford's latest actions, that he is an oligarch with some sort of privilege complex.

Trying to reform him is simply not reasonable. A customer centric (read: success driven) owner, someone of less privilege, more energy and enthusiasm is needed.

You could understand if a new owner came along and failed for a few years. But this guy has institutionalized failure, and is legendary for his ineptness spanning decades. There is no light that is going to come on and he's suddenly going to do the smart things, the right things.

Ford is, what he is. The sooner fans acknowledge that, and the consequences of that realization, the sooner they can get a good team.

15. anakin

Sad thing is that there would a queue a mile long if the GM job was open competition. I am sure the Lions could snag a good coach if the idiot brain trust wasn't running them. No all we have to go on is that Bill Polian's comment that Mayhew is an up and coming talent comes true.

16. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Why would Ford want to change the office staff? Ford has demonstrated his keen ability and desire to lose. Why would he want to jeopardize that and risk ruining his image?

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Because the deal didn't include being a laughing stock.
    It's one thing to be a valiant loser. It's another to avoid fan and peer riot.

18. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

My concern is that this front office staff will be afraid to bring in somebody who is highly experienced. That they would wish to avoid any confrontations with the decisions that they may make, personnel wise.

19. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I was just thinking last week I'm really surprised someone hasn't try to do something along the lines of force (riot). I mean, if you want to create a bad vehicle, go ahead. We can just buy one from someone else. But when you willfully choose for your football franchise to lose by hiring incompetent people and not giving a rip what the public thinks, it's different. When it comes to sports, we all can't just choose to like another team. I personally think that is almost humanly impossible to do. Maybe I am wrong.

20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The local media could take the gloves off. There are no rules/penalties for very bad franchise management.