NJ Nets April 10 8PM

Discussion in 'April 2009' started by max, Apr 6, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I missed a lot of the second half, but a bad trend lately has been the bench building or maintaining a lead, and the starters squandering it in the 3rd Q.

I can't understand why Rip, Tay, Stuck are less effective than AA, Bynum and Walt, but its pretty embarrassing if I am Rip or Tay.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

How many years and how many coaches will it take for DET to come up with a counter for when Rip is covered coming off his curls?
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Five...
  4. roscoe36

The dogmatic obsession with Rip and his curls have lead to stagnation year after year.

I think Rip and his teammates are capable of more, but they revert to the same "every one stand around while Rip runs about without the ball" which really isn't all that different than "everybody stand around while AI runs about with the ball". lol
  5. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Haha I was thinking the same thing man. All in all, it was a pretty good game tonight though. Stuckey dished out the assists. Bynum was breaking down the defense. It's hard to judge them against these horrible teams though. I would expect them to destroy NY and NJ.

Haha I was thinking the same thing man. All in all, it was a pretty good game tonight though. Stuckey dished out the assists. Bynum was breaking down the defense. Sheed argued with the refs. Hermann did his job backing up Tay. Affalo played well. And last but not least, Amir was a great cheerleader. It's hard to judge them against these horrible teams though. I would expect them to destroy NY and NJ.
  6. max

max All-Star

Ah yes - Complaining after a win. Feels like the old days. Does this mean we get out of the 1st round?

On that note - Rip looked far less than 100% today. Just did not seem to have his legs. Part of the problem could be running the point for Stuckey as all he seems to be capable of doing is walking the ball up the court.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Rip also got in the paint, drained a 3, and made tons of great passes. He's not one dimensional.
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Rip had 9 assists tonight, Stuckey had 8. They both did a great job of setting up everyone else to compensate for their poor shooting games (combined 6 for 17).

Good production scoring wise from Sheed, Max (2 nice lobs for jams; 1 by Bynum, 1 from Stuck) and Bynum, who even nailed a couple threes.

24 assists to just 8 turnovers. If we can continue to be that efficient offensively (highly unlikely) we can beat anyone.
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

What is so hard to understand about 2 old men running out of gas in the 3rd quarter. Dyess and Sheed. Bad pairing of players. Very bad.

Quick, why did we not go to pairing up Dyess and Sheed at the end of this game tonight?

Curry wanted to win the game apparently.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

First you are talking about Herrmann's hair. Now Rip's curls. What is this obsession with mens' hair you got going on.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Are you claiming that 6 minutes of 3rd quarter playing time is too much for Sheed and Dyess?

Sleeping on the sideline while runs are going on and/or your team isn't sharp and playing the line-ups they closed the game with will cost them playoff games long before Herrrrrman ever does.
  12. roscoe36

You don't mess with the Zohan! :pound:
  13. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Speaking if hair, what was the obsession with Vince Carter playing with Sheed's hair tonight? Did anyone see this?

On a serious note, the bench played outstanding, hope the starters are just holding off playing well for the sake of preserving themselves for the playoffs.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I see so many problems with this rotation/pick and roll defense/sub patterns vs. better competition but since the wins are so hard to come by . . . :movingon:

BOS is rolling w/o KG.

ORL might just be tanking to avoid us, but little do they know we are winning to get them LOL

PHI is falling fast.

[strike]< Curry stop sitting Amir in games w/ athletic FL's and in general. Please don't play awful help and pick and roll big pairs against teams that like to penetrate. Our guards are not good enough to pick up the slack. Please, thank you. >[/strike]

edited to add;

Vince Carter looked abnormally happy even when the Nets were down 20 and LMAO at him making fun of Sheed's hair.

Yea he looks gimpy.
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't even care about the debatable tired aspect. They just suck together and i don't understand why the young/old big strategy Curry stated he was going to play was abandoned.

All the coaches run to Sheed/Dice like a crutch even when it's responsible for us falling down the stairs a majority of the time.

I mean Curry finishing the game w/ Max was nice (w/ Amir in PHI was better) but realistically how often is that going to happen in the PO's ?

edited to add;

Michael Curry will stay with current Pistons' rotation | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

#$%#$^#%&^

Why do coaches do that? What benefit does he get out of minimizing the other players, and basically telling them "hey, relax don't try too hard; rotation's set, you're not in it"
  16. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

and why does he always say "the rotation is set. this is it" and then change it two days later.
  17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm with Vince. Sheed is heading froward.

I would have loved to have had the two of them miked during the last four minutes of the second.
  18. max

max All-Star

Does not sound like a bad plan. It does mean Amir Johnson is out but honestly I think Maxiel and Kwame are better options.
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I was reading a recap and practically died when i saw this;

The Happiest Aussie in Auburn Hills - NBAMate

Different perspectives and all . . . LOL

Also this tidbit i'm not sure what to make of;

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Geez, bizzarro Lee lives in Australia.

I did notice Sheed seemed pretty agitated in the 4th right before Kwame's tech.