1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Home New York Knicks Wednesday Mar 6 2013

Discussion in 'March 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Singler at the 4. Frickin sweet! Well, he is only guarding Steve Novak I suppose.

2. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Do we have anyone on our roster, who doesn't combine at least two of the following:
    Poor defender
    Weak
    Shocking offensive game

3. The Panda

With the exception of Monroe and Drummond.

Also coach, keep stuckey sitting.

4. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Who are these guys??

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would add - Playing out of position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Even though I read it here earlier it took me until the end of the 3rd Q to realize Frank wasn't coaching. Brian Hill seemed to favor the separate black and white line-ups.

Although this game was a bit of a black eye to the NBA the Pistons battled and I enjoy watching the random combinations.

Quote of the Night:
    "Stuckey with 2 clutch free throws!", George Blaha after Stuckey put the Pistons up 2 with 6:50 to go in the 4th Q.

BallDon'tLie and linwood like this.
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star

Interesting more coaches haven't explored the black/white lineups.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

I think it really takes a front office and coach working in unison to pull that off and that is rare.

9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Valiant effort by the short-handed Pistons tonight. Story of the game:

+/-
    Jose -3
    Knight 0
    Max -8
    Singler -1
    JJ -1
    Slava -2
    Stuckey -18
    Bynum -17

On a night where we were terribly hurting for size, it is absolutely inexcusable that Middleton gets slapped with a DNP-CD.

10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

There are 48 available point guard minutes. But we played a total of 122 point guard minutes. For no reason at all, because none of our point guards can play shooting guard in the slightest. Brandon Knight did hit some threes, but he was left wide open for each of them. Every time he tried to shoot like a shooting guard, like coming off a screen - nothing, not even close to going in. I know many want to believe with time he will become a shooting guard. He is young. It could happen. Given enough years. But for now it is not doing any good. Then you have Stuckey, a fine point guard. 0-5 tonight, minus 18, totally worthless for us, because he can't shoot under any circumstances at all. Then you have Bynum, who has totally reverted to the Bynum we never want to see play, the guy who continually calls his own number, but can't shoot. Way too many heat checks from him and no heat at all. No assists, only turns on his stat sheet tonight. And of course his defense is lacking. No reason for him to be on the floor at all.

Another loss, and we tightened up to an 8 man rotation (with Slava only getting 12 minutes) so we really, really, were most just playing point guards for a whole lot of minutes. Indeed, there are only 240 player minutes availavble, so just over half were played by point guards.

Another opportunity missed to play our young shooting guards. English and Middleton. You know, guys who can actually play the position, or at least have half a chance to learn to.

Calderon connected 4 times in this game with JMAX for dunks. Nice. But JMAX should never take that outside shot. Too many times, Calderon passes up a shot and JMAX ends up taking a worse shot from the outside. Or Calderon passed off to Stuckey, who certainly shoul not shoot the ball since he can't, but he did.

Good solid run in this game from mid 2nd to well into the 3rd quarter. With neither of Bynum nor Stuckey on the floor. We went from 15 down, to 11 up. To be fair, we did stall out there with most of the starters on the floor. Had to stall out eventually I guess. But hey, bringing in Stuckey and Bynum to get us out of trouble is like finding two tons of gasoline to extinguish a fire with. Wrong guys to bring into the game.

Monroe missed due to an ankle sprain in practice. Slava gave us some ok minutes. CV missed for a sore hamstring. Both JJ and Singler played some power forward and did ok though they of course had trouble with Stoudemire. (I think that was JJ mostly who got stuck trying to guard the guy.) Nice to see JJ hit some shots, and of course we all hope he can can continue to do so, as his hustle is always welcome out there.

Singler opened the 2nd half with a 3 and two other buckets as we quickly closed the 6 point halftime gap. Later, JJ nailed some shots, including a 3 from well behind the line.

Slava scored a couple of times inside. Could be getting a bit more comfortable on the NBA floor.

Hill coached as they said Frank was dealing with family issues.

Calderon shot ok, but he is no Bynum. His first thought is pretty much always to find a way for a teammate to score.

Part of what kept us in the game, until we finally had that long good stretch, was a whole lot of turns by NY.

Can't think of anything more at the moment. Still fun to watch the game. Very dissapointed though in that with being short handed, we still could not fit in time for our young shooting guards.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

When I tuned in to the game, the Pistons were up 65-61....They were outscored by 10 to close the qtr and settled for a 65-65 tie.

I switched to the magic/Heat game since it was close to see if the streak was in jeopardy. By the time I switched back they were down 71-65. I think the 16-0 run was due to certain players out there on the floor (named Stuckey and Bynum) who had no answers for the Knicks . ...Stuckey and Bynum were a -18 and -17 and a combined 2-13 shooting and 4 turnovers. The Knicks closed the game on 32-12 run going back to 3 min mark of the 3rd qtr... that was almost the best run of the night, but the best actually occurred in New Orleans where I will comment in the Other Games around the league thread.

12. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The Pistons now need to be thinking of securing a top ten pick. Philly and Toronto are right there.

This year would have been a disappointment but was saved by the arrival of Drummond.

The team needed Knight and Monroe to step up big to become a winner this season. It was not about Stuckey and the other veterans who have shown that they cannot carry a winning load. Monroe has come halfway but Knight was not ready for a major role yet. The team at least became competitive with Drummond as part of the mix. Finally, there is a core to move forward with.

The team still needs serious help in skilled positions to play around Monroe and Drummond. The Pistons were lucky that Drummond fell to the 9th spot. I don't watch college. How could this have happened? They were lucky to get Monroe at the 7th spot. Joe wanted Cousins, who is also a good young big.

The Pistons need one more top pick. This will hopefully be their last top pick for awhile. Better that it is a top ten pick. Can't always count on a key player falling. The team was right to sit Monroe. The team doesn't need too many feel good wins. In one more month, another top ten pick can be in place. The future is close at hand.

linwood, basketbills and BillLaimbeer like this.
  13. The Panda

I don't want to watch Stuckey shoot pull up 3's.

The guy isn't Steph Curry. His shot is just nasty.

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If Hill had won with this line-up, it would have been time to promote him, but it doesn't appear that he has met Kris Middleton or Kim English. There is no way Stuckey should have been out there for 26 mins and Singler for 41 minutes when those two rooks have shown promise the last few games. Their bench outscored ours 50-11.

I hate to call it now, but it may time to start going into tank mode..:banplease:

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

The Knicks were gambling away on defense because they could always help off of Stuckey when he was out at the 3 pt line. I'm not sure, but I don't think harming the offense is a good quality for your off the bench "spark plug". I'm just a casual internet fan though.

I hope Knight can take the pace and speed he plays with at the 2 back to the PG spot. Let him shoot first if he's pushing the ball. That seems like a good fit with Monroe and Drummond as long as he isn't fumbling the ball away a lot.

16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey is terrible. It doesn't matter if he is a point guard, shooting guard, combo guard, right guard, left guard, or crossing guard. The guy simply does not help the team win games.

17. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Played pick-up hoops last night and forgot to DVR this one. When I walked in the door, my wife had The Daily Show on the tube while she was reading a book. I asked her if I could flip over to the Pistons game really quick and she said "sure". I tuned in for about 20 seconds of the 4th Q (with about 6 minutes left) and figured that Brian Hill must be battling some sort of substance abuse problem. The linup on the floor looked like something out of a Fellini film. I quickly switched the TV back over to John Stewart and tossed the remote on the couch next to Mrs. BDL.

"Are they losing pretty bad?" my wife asked.
    "Nah, it's all tied-up but based on who's in the game, they're gonna get smoked by 10 points" I answered.

I checked my phone later on in the evening and learned that I my prediction was absolutely correct.

roscoe36 likes this.
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm really happy.

roscoe36 likes this.
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks for your status update. I was wondering how you were doing today.

roscoe36 likes this.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

12 points in the 4th quarter. Was surprised that JJ was replaced by Stuckey in the 4th given that Jonas was relatively on fire.

How in the world did Calderon manage to get 16 assists in a 77 point game? That's an outstanding performance by him. The feeds to Maxiell were superb.