Home New York Knicks Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Discussion in 'November 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Let's all breathe a collective sigh of relief that we aren't Knicks fans.
    That roster full of overpaid B-grade talent and damaged players is in for a long run of mediocrity.
    Observations on this one:
    • Memo to Joe: SELL HIGH ON STUCKEY! :smiling:
    • As a card carrying member of the Trade Stuckey for Anything club, I was happier than Charlie Villanueva's floor mat salesman to see this Stuckey kid have a game like this. Props to the rook!
    • Pull-up jumpers? When/where in the hell did Rodney learn do do that? I had to pause my DVR and make sure that I wasn't watching some old Arron Afflalo footage from 2008.
    • When Stuckey had that drive and dish play to J-Smoove in the 4th Q, I openenly wept tears of joy in front of my children. "...It's ok kids (sniffle), Daddy just has some dust in his eyes."
    • Singler should NEVER play the 4. ...period. ...never ....ever.
    • Great game by Greg Monroe. Dude was active, efficient and always seemed to be in the right spot. He did get burned by "that Andrea chick" a couple times but you can't expect a 6-10 PF to stay with a WNBA small forward.
    • As long as the objective is to win more basketball games than the other teams in the NBA; Josh Smith is better at basketball than Carmelo Anthony. ...Melo will be selected to the All-Star game this year. ...Melo will contend for the scoring title. - Josh Smith will continue to heed the words of Tom Gores and "be impactful".
    • More sweet dimes from Josh Smith in this one. I'll admit, I never really watched too many Hawks games when J-Smoove played there. I used to find Atlanta about as exciting as Darth's Eagles thread. Josh Smith's awesome passing ability has really surprised me!
    • I hope Brandon Jennings feels better soon. ...But not well enough to jack up a bunch of ill-advised 3-pointers. It's amazing how much better the team looks with 5 less bad 3-pointers. I'm NOT saying that we don't need BJ7 to shoot threes, we certainly DO. All I'm saying is that the team looks more efficient when they're not chasing down bricks bouncing around near half court.
    • I remember a couple years back that when a Piston big man blocked a shot, it was this huge deal. It's not like that any more.
    • Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta get the duct tape out and convert my old Ben Wallace jersey into a Rodney Stuckey #3.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    raxrets, del and Lee356 like this.
  2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey played really well lately, because we've been playing him finally in the right position: explosive combo-guard 6th man off the bench.

I'm obviously thrilled that we got the win, but this was almost a coaching loss. Going with Stuckey to end the game instead of Jennings almost cost us the game. The last 4 minutes of the game, our offense stalled spectacularly because there was no facilitator in the game. Everybody was all standing around watching Stuckey be the man. The lead dwindled and we almost lost the lead. If the Knicks didn't suck so bad, they could've won this one. Stuckey did his job, and Cheeks should've put Jennings back in the game in the end.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I really like the way KCP plays. He is going to be very good by midseason.

Siva looked bad. He doesn't have a future in the NBA but at least we found out early so we don't have to speculate on how great he will be as he sits on the bench.

I was disappointed that there weren't any AOTGs tonight. Otherwise, great game.

roscoe36, BallDon'tLie and linwood like this.
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Actually, I didn't realize that Jennings had a stomach flu. So maybe he wasn't up for finishing the game. But, dear lord it was painful to watch the last 4 minutes of the game. Stuckey was playing great until then, and then regressed back to dribbling out the shot clock and charging into traffic mode.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Try watching the game frame-by-frame. Perhaps you missed a lot of Siva's basketballness.

linwood likes this.
  6. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Great to get the win, but I felt like we still didn't play that well in this one. Think the defence was still pretty poor overall, just that the Knicks were awful. If Melo had been a bit more on this game, I think it probably would have been a loss, but big props to Smith - thought he guarded him really well.

We will need to play better than that to win again Atlanta. Good to see they are on a back-to-back though as well, and that it was away to the Heat.

Stuckey was good in this because he had shooters around him most of the game. That and the surprising shooting from himself. Thought he must have complete a movie style body switch with Melo after a colliding act, the way he was knocking the mid rangers down.
    Dre was good as per normal, but those free throws are so so bad (17.6% on the season).
    Monroe was good as per normal too - solid offence, poor defence (I've given up hope that he'll stop being lazy and use those quick feet and hands to turn into a good defender).
    KCP!! Killer Consistent Player. We all like this kid and I just hope he keeps somewhat similar minutes when Billups is back.
    Singler needs to sit and great to see Bynum still sitting (even if it is through injury).

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Finally watched the game...nothing to add..except I can't tell if Dre is trying to be coolest cat in the gym when he is there to shoot free throws or is scared out his mind. He just stares at the hoop for 30 seconds wondering...can I at least hit the rim this time?? There was that sequence near the end of the second where he missed 5 straight freebies....one was not counted because of lane violation...but then the next one was.

The dude is going to be great, but when you are leading the league in FG% at 67% and your FT is down near the bottom at 17%, some team is going to exploit the latter down the line when the games REALLY count in April, May and June.

One other observation.....Josh 19 shots to get 19 points and KCP 12 shots to get 13 points. (But I appreciate the two concecutive 3's to get it going in the second half. ) He needs to be the starting 2 for the rest of the season, as that is the only way he will learn and justify the lottery pick.

I fast forwarded through some of the game, but did they show JR Smith's all-star no playing brother on the bench.....or Tim Hardaway Sr cheering in the stands with Wolverine, Knick knit hat on?

Lee356 likes this.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Watch again, there was one. Jennings drove into traffic, threw it up over 2 defenders and Dre got the put back. On first sight it looks like a miss and rebound, on second look it was an AOTG!

9. LA Dre

IMO since you pointed it out....Other than hit a three, I didn't see Singler do a darn thing out there that warranted more than 10 minutes. He was scrappy going after boards etc, but he was always a step slow in staying in front of his man or intimidating a shot. 5 pts, 2 brds in 23 minites? Pizza guy was just as effective in 5 minutes and I am sure if Mo gave half of Singler's minutes to Mitchell at the right time....playing with the starters, it might turn out to be a positive.....

Stuckey was MV player and MV hugger of the game...:hug:

Lee356 and roscoe36 like this.
  10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

It was hilarious watching Singler try and check JR Smith.
    Cheeks might want to re-think that assignment next time.

Kyle seemed better last season.

11. LA Dre

He is like JJ... digressed after the first year.....although JJ was hurt.......

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey got in trouble when he tried milking clock. He's not good with no set play and the ball in his hands late in the clock.