Home New York Knicks Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Discussion in 'November 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

vs New York Knicks

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 7:30 PM Eastern

Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Pistons are ranked 24th in the most recent power rankings.

NBA Power Rankings: Pacers hold onto No. 1 - Yahoo Sports

These Knicks are right behind us at 25. Both teams have a 3-6 record and frustration is setting in.
    I'm sure Melo sees the Pistons as an opportunity to play for free agent status and he'll shoot lights out.

Knicks 122 - Pistons 101
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That's a 9 spot drop. Whoa.

Whoever has Melo on his fantasy team is going to win the 3pt category this week.

But, Pistons will still win.
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

We're better than the Knicks.
    Pistons0809 likes this.
  5. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

The Knicks stink. We should dominate this team given that they are going to be enduring 30 odd minutes of Andrea Bargnani at the C spot.

I am getting a feeling of a 20/20 game from Drummond. We need to keep Smith on Melo, particularly if he starts posting up.
    Pistons0809 likes this.
  6. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

We must win.
    linwood likes this.
  7. BallDon'tLie

If the Knicks go small and Mo tries to match-up with THEM, I'm gonna be pissed!
    Our Front line should destroy those bums!

They gotta deal with it.
  8. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Agreed. Unfortunately we don't really play like it yet.
  9. roscoe36

MUST WIN GAME.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At this point every game is a must win until Mo, Jo and Bro* proved that they are the missing links that will turn it around. Because if they don't and the Pistons continue to have more defensive/coaching losses, there will more the finger pointing and blame to pass around to everyone involved...including Mason.

*Cheeks, Smith and Jennings
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's good to hear positive comments of what we should do...but some of those same positive comments appeared in yesterdays pregame thread about the Lakers.

Betcha the Sad Sac Kings basketball thread said something about us too....we showed them..

All I am saying is we got to take one game at a time and even though I hope we win every game, my confidence level has dropped somewhat just like our power rankings.

sorry to be a Dre Debbie Downer, but I am just keeping it real here....but when we win 3 out of 5 , I am pretty certain my confidence will be restored and I will shout out some positive comments in the pregame thread..... Here's hoping that happens over the next week.:good:
  12. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I gave the lowest projected win total for the season so they're right where I'd thought they'd be.
    Roscoe asked me to predict some wins...so I have...at least until this game, that is.
  13. roscoe36

NEVER NOT BELIEVE
  14. roscoe36

DONT STOP BELIEVING DREBABY
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If the Pistons lose this one I'm going to douse myself with gasoline and set myself on fire!

Go Pistons!!!
    TheeTFD and roscoe36 like this.
  16. BallDon'tLie

For some reason, I just looked at your Celine Dion avatar and started laughing uncontrollably.
    (I mean, ...I see that thing every day and never really think about it but it just occured to me that "Ernie is still using a Celine Dion avatar".)
    brofmfa, Nemo, Walter and 3 others like this.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

At the half Brandon Jennings is playing FANTASTIC so far! Under control and running the offense, no chucking and he isn't dominating the ball! Awesome!
    roscoe36 likes this.
  18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Have someone record it and post it in the videos thread.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  19. roscoe36

20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Darn good win. Lots of good stuff. A bit of bad.

The bad first. Singler got burnt by JR Smith so many times the fire department was called. I still can not imagine why coach keeps playing Singler. Worse, he got played along side Datome as part of a front line that was, as usual for our 2nd quarter bench, laughable. Singler did pull down a rare contested rebound in this game though, and he hit a triple. One post up feed from him. All together, not much, but he was a bit positive for the game. I would surely like to see Mitchell get those minutes and show what he can do with them.

Now the good. Our front line simply outclassed theirs. Barngarni (Sp) got inside on us on way too many pick and rolls in the first half, but other than that, just not that much from their starting front line. We had two of our guys, Monroe and Drummond get double doubles, with Smith actually having a better game than either of those two. Smith got the toughest defensive assignment in guarding Melo (who scored enough in the end but struggled mightily in doing so), while putting up a bunch of points, enough rebounds, and several assists. (to just one turn for him - which combined with our guards tonight made for a very high assist to turn ratio for our primary ball handlers - and I am including Smith in that group.)

Singler was part of the small ball played, that actually saw us take some command of the game, going up 15 points in the 4th. Siva, Pope, Stuckey at small forward, Singler at power forward, and Drummond. Crazy but it worked. Stuckey started his 12 straight Piston point run there.

Stuckey was pretty darn good in this one. For instance, there is Stuckey, surely out of control toward the basket preparing to do his most excellent super collider impression; but no, after the defense backed off and prepared to take the sure charge coming, Stuckey all the sudden rose up and nailed the pull up. Other times, Stuckey's drives inexplicably turned into assists. Maybe its something in the water in California or something. And Stuckey was great on posting up and swishing jumpers off it. He even actually made some inside shots too, adding up to 21 to lead the Pistons tonight.

Jennings just scored 2 points. And we did not use him in crunch time, choosing to go with a Stuckey - Pope backcourt. (Better defense - but hey, we also let Singler play there too, so what gives?) But Jennings had 7 assists to just one turn, and more importantly, teamed up with Drummond on some excellent pick and roll dunks.

Pope opened each half with a couple of made jumpers. In all, he nailed 3 triples. And played darn good, pestering, in your face D. Plus 12 tonight, high honors for the Pistons.

Oh, and Pope actually just barely played starters minutes in this one, and even was treated like a starter, staying in there for crunch time. Got to love it.

Siva played significant, in the rotation, minutes in this one. Nothing spectacular, but he consistently got the ball up the floor well and played good solid D. I will take that anytime from a backup point.

Datome was used correctly on one play, in on an offensive play to end the first half, and nailing a triple. (Which negated some of his negative from being part of that pure nuts sub unit earlier in that quarter.)

Two straight next vs. a beatable Atlanta team. And we don't have to wait much until the next game which is tomorrow night. Coach has a few minutes of game time to clean up - finding an actual sub unit, you know, one which can do simple things like defend and rebound. But for the most part we are on the right track.

And oh, great to see Monroe nail those two clutch free throws to help seal the deal at the end, and kudos no end to Stuckey for time and again getting to the line - and making all his free throws.

Another oh. Forgot to describe the Drummond block. On a steal, the Knick player was off and running, with seemingly no way anyone could catch him. He looked back a few times to make sure Drummond could not catch him before going for the layup. But Drummond caught up and slapped the ball away, to us, from behind. Fairly spectacular play.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013