Away New York Knicks Tuesday Jan 31 2012

Discussion in 'January 2012' started by roscoe36, Jan 29, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2012.
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. New York

75.0%
  1. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Wow, it looks worse when it's lined up like that. First time Moose has had that many turnovers as well iirc. Stuck had 3 turns to 3 assists this game too, and he doesn't really have a rep as being turnover prone. They looked like they were getting on top of that turnover problem 3 games ago; looks like it's back with a vengeance.

Yeah, Tay, because you hanging onto the ball and holding it to the side for 5 seconds really helps. 5 of 13 really saved us from the Knicks eh? Tay faking to oblivion really saved us. You getting burned repeatedly by the other SFs in the league really saved us. And why do you think the ball's not moving? You backing people down from basically halfcourt isn't going to get it moving you know.

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Who would have thought that re-signing all the same guys from last years basement dwellers would turn out like this?

I love The Texas Ranger Walker Russell Jr. I would like him even more if it said Russell Jr. on the back of his uniform.

If the Pistons were the Knicks we'd be wondering how do we get rid of Melo and Amare and build around Landry Fields and Ian Shumpert.

Joe Dumars clip during the game in his customary sweatshirt, "We got a group of young guys we're building with here and once we figure it out (i.e. get a whole new group of young guys in here.) we'll be OK."

The thing I like about Daye is that he never gets frustrated at himself or a teammate and shakes his head or flaps his arms in disgust.

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm sure that most didn't notice but the play of the game for me was when Jonas took the ball out of bounds after one of the myriad of made Knick baskets. Everyone else ran back down the floor and he had nobody to inbound the ball to until someone finally ran back as an afterthought. Stuck simply forgot that he was the PG for a second.

My nephew's youth team (8-10 year olds) does this about twice a game.
    I think his team would hold the Pistons under 100. They're named after a Pokemon character.

S.J., Walter and roscoe36 like this.
  4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

This team really needs Practice... so many correctable mistakes with coaching... but the kids need PRACTICE, not game time at this point... the lockout has basically cost this team a year of progression... they would have been better off skipping the whole year IMO.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Psyduck or Jigglypuff would be good team names.

6. BallDon'tLie

They're called the Charzards (not sure what that is or if I'm spelling it correctly).
    There's one kid who dribbles straight for the right corner every time he gets the ball. Aside from him, the 'Zards have better ball movement and better interior D than the Pistons.

7. BillLaimbeer

Do they call him Tayshaun?

8. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The game was hard enough to watch already without that completly ANNOYING organ music they kept blaring, I could hardly stand it......

9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The play of the game was Daye getting the ball with 3 seconds left in the 1st half, dribbling it up the court with nobody challenging him and fumbling the ball out of bounds before he reached half court.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  10. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

I agree 100%. It would be a perfect time for a couple days of practice. These kids need to be slowed down and mentally reset. Sadly, that's not going to happen. Teams with a couple of veteran stars can push through this rapid fire season with a two man game. We don't have a single guy on this team who can push us through games like this.

Just ugly.

11. BallDon'tLie

He's a helluva player this year eh?

S.J. likes this.
  12. BillLaimbeer

I agree. Is the basketball THAT BAD that we need to be "entertained" WHILE the game is going on?

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Even Whoopi Goldberg, who I saw was at the game yesterday, congratulated the Knicks on The View's Hot topics this morning..for finally winning a game.....the NY fans and the team had the Piston game circled on the calendar as the possible probable return to the winning circle.

When do the Wizards, Hornets and Bobcats come to Palace so the Pistons (and fans) can circle it on their calendars as probable must win games....?

14. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Trick question?

15. BallDon'tLie

If that's the case, they need to hire the Detroit Symphony Orchestra to play at the Palace. On organ player ain't gonna do it.

16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Art, art baby!

17. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I figure reruns of "Gilligan's Island" on the big screen during the game......would offer more hope.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Although close game in the end, the Knicks fall back to their losing ways..getting edged by the Bulls 2nite.

Prior to the end of the game, TNT announcer Kevin Harlan says "the Knicks have lost nine out of their last 11, and although coming off a win here Tuesday vs lowly Detroit" :gaah: Bad enough the Pistons team is too bad to be shown on national TV, but any time we get mentioned it's in bad way...

19. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Yeah I know, it's annoying. Not surprising given how bad the team is, but NY isn't far from imploding imo.

20. linwood

linwood All-Star

No need to sugar coat things. The Pistons ARE the worst. The sooner everyone (Dumars, Gores, etc.) face the facts, the quicker they/ we can fix things.

This season, I've mostly watched Pistons games. The last couple of nights, I caught the Thunder, Jazz, and Clippers. Watching those teams reminded me what professional basketball looks like. Can't wait to see it from the Pistons again.

Nemo likes this.