Away New York Knicks Saturday March 24 2012

Discussion in 'March 2012' started by roscoe36, Mar 24, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7:30 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

The Knicks seem to be winnin....

The Piston playoff chances are thinnin....

Means Rascoe ain't doin much grinnin.........

Knicks by 11............
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Knicks roll to a 18-6 run after the Pistons tied the game with 5 and half minutes left in the first half . Pistons were getting outhustled and frustrated and the hope of keeping the slow pace game got away from them.

Lets hope they can regroup in the second half and get a roadie W tonight.
  4. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

You know what happens when you trot out a lineup of Ben Wallace, Walker Russell, Austin Daye, Jonas Jerebko and Damien Wilkins in the fourth quarter? Knicks just clowning them now. So sick of losing to such a mediocre squad like this.

Why is Brandon back in? What's the point? I know your subs suck, but good lord Frank. wtf? CV sighting.

I'm out. Only so much showboating I can take. :ban:
    roscoe36 likes this.
  5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I am really getting tired of the Ben Wallace second half. Frank has fallen in love with this Tanking scenario. I wonder if anyone has told him that This is Bens last year and he is supposed to be playing bench minutes to sub our second year rising star? Ya know, the guy we are trying to get experience and court time for. GM was doing real well earlier this season when he was playing the majority of the games, then Frank decided to give Ben the pt in the second half s apparently. Now Gregs game has begun to falter and he appears to have lost confidence in himself. Im really beginning to wonder if Frank has any idea how to use substitutions in a game?
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That second qtr run by the Knicks sealed the deal as the Pistons could never get any closer than 7 after that. The Knicks closed out every quarter on a run and the fourth the Knicks garbage quad took every advantage of the scrubs we had in there stepping in to steal passes at will and outhustling the Pistons on literally every rebound. At one point an offensive rebound was taken from Piston MIA candidate Charlie V three straight times. OCV finally got on the board offensively this season with three FT's and layup. He airballed two other shots and was 1-6 from the field, but he did get a meaningless block. (Oh by the way he did outscore Max...5 to 4)

How come every time the Pistons play in garbage time, our scrubs make the other teams scrubs look like starters:confused:

Its obvious we need some bigs in the paint who can actually score other than GM....the Knicks outscored the Pistons in the paint 52-30 and we were out rebounded by almost the same number, 54-30. Tyson and Amar'e scored 32 pts and grabbed 25 boards between them. Oh yeah Pistons got 20pts from their starting front court

Also the past couple of games with Stuckey out we can barely hit 80 points. How many games is he expected to be out? Until we secure a top 5 lottery position?
  7. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Stuckeys absence is really being felt. Im sure there are a few members here that it must pain them to aknowledge that. We really miss his attacking opposing bigs and getting to the line. BK attacks but he doesnt get the whisatles and BG shys away from contact. I would like to see Daye get some minutes with our starters minus Tay. He needs a kick out to get that 3 pt shot going. we are not using our offensive weapons well at all. way too much create your own shot going on and that spells huge loss.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Charlie V is a warrior!!! I think it shows what kind of integrity this kid has to go out there on 2 bum wheels.

This was a pretty boring contest.

This definitely wasn't one of Ben's better games, but is seems a bit harsh to hold this against him given the contributions he's made lately. He was very flat footed on the boards.

I wonder if Monroe's dip in play does have something to do with Stuckey being out. A lot of his double double's has come in a garbage man type fashion. Monroe should slow down just a bit on his moves. I think he obsesses somewhat with being blocked. It seems like he gets the majority of those back.

I feel like Will "I' Know the Long Way to the NBA too" Bynum took a dive tonight so that Walker Russell III could play in front of his dad.

Loved the play right after the Knicks scored off the double alley oop when the Pistons threw the ball upcourt to a plodding Austin Daye(!) who had Charlie V and the blocking sled it looked like he was dragging filling the wing. I think that one ended with a Chuckles air ball.

I want the Knicks to be good for some reason. I hope they can keep this up.

I understand the circumstances that led to Daye and Garbage playing recently, but I don't like it. I do not think it is some Kuester/Curry like about face, but I think bar none the best move Frank has made this year is awarding PT based on your defensive willingness. *

* Except for Ben Gordon who fills the every team has an exception policy
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  9. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Securing a top pick is what counts. New Jersey is tanking big time--hard to match that. Sacramento is on the Piston's heels.

Right now, the thing to do is play Daye, CV and whoever and give each player one final look. Things will start to turn around next year with Knight and Monroe having more experience and another top pick joining the team. I agree that Ben Wallace should not be playing much--no point to it. And Tay should not be shooting all that much.

The coach has figured out how to use Gordon. That is an accomplishment. Gordon at least has some value now.

I would keep Stuckey on the bench for a while and not rush him back.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Charlie just cut down his $ to point ratio from infinite to 1,000,000:1. Gores has to be happy with the increased efficiency of that contract.

Walker Russell was pretty rough- poor guy just needs a shot (jump shot that is). He tried to push the ball up the court, but the Knicks have actually been really good on D recently (best in the NBA since Woodson took over I believe). Russell just faced a wall of tall defenders every time.

I was surprised when I looked at the box score that we only had 16 turnovers. It felt like 100.

Not much to complain about after this. We got massacred by a team that was not playing well. Chandler with 15 and 17 in less than 30 minutes. Knight with 2 assists, 6 turnovers, and got blocked twice. Ben Wallace was -20 in 19 minutes.

The highlight of the game was Maxiell's great put back jam.

With Stuckey, we might have had a fighting change, given the sloppiness of the Knicks.
  11. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Missed the game, thanks for the recaps.

We tank, we know.

Talking about Tanking, I watched Sacramento @ Golden State tonight and that last play from Isaiah Thomas left me thinking if the tanking can go that far..
  12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

It's great to see that Max is back to being a scrub again and helping to rack up losses. With a bunch of teams at 16-17 wins I hope Stuckey gets a couple of more games off to heal.
  13. Mogilny

NJ have little reason to tank, they traded their 1st round pick in the deal for Crash.
  14. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

On the contrary, they're probably going to want to tank more than anyone. Their pick is top 3 protected; they'll want to increase their odds of picking top 3 as much as possible. It was still a pretty shortsighted, brain dead deal though.
  15. Mogilny

I see, didn't know it was protected.

Cleveland 17-28
    Sacramento 17-31
    Detroit 16-32
    Toronto 16-33
    NJ 16-34
    NO 12-36
    Washington 11-36
    Charlotte 7-39

This is tight! Any single win could be a devastating blow longterm.
  16. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Had there's no Linsanity, there wouldn't be this game lived on TV over here and it could has been the only Pistons game this season I can watch, live or replay. Wifey was liked "ow" "ah" all the time with every Lin's move whose play to-day was C+ at best as wifey knew nothing about basket ball except the ball is round and orange, and I was feeling sad that my beloved Pistons' play had reduced so and was shocked that BW's hair had turned salt and pepper in front of my eyes. Tay, finally I understand why everybody said that he's no more fit to this team, yeah it's so true.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.