1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Away New Orleans Pelicans - Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Discussion in 'March 2017' started by roscoe36, Sep 25, 2016.

1. greenbeerd13

greenbeerd13 All-Star

They'd call him for flagrant 2's every game if he did, he'd be another DeMarcus Cousins.

roscoe36 likes this.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We will never know what the outcome of the game would have been had Dre not got tossed, but our defensive team was in there and we had cut the lead to 6... Unfortunately they seized the momentum after Dre left and outscored us 36-19 from that point. Their scrubs had all-star games as they didn't have to worry about if they should pass the rock to the Brow or Boogie. Jrue had been on a holiday since boogie showed up, but no Cousins and Jrue returned from holiday and got off.

For the second game in a row the Pistons grabbed 23 offensive boards and Dre had more (10) than the entire Pelican team.....but that offensive board force was missing.
    The unlucky # was 3 for the Pistons.....3 out of 23 from deep and 3 of 17 from the FT line where they became the first team to miss their first 11 free throws to start a game since 2002. Dre was 1-10.......... in comparison, Davis was 11-11.

While the FT situation was atrocious, we still have to figure out why we are inconsistent from just shooting the basket ball?? Last night Morris 37 points, tonight 11. KCP 2-11 from the floor, Jackson 4-16 (6-27 from our starting guards is a killer). Stanley Johnson 1-7

I missed part of the second quarter as I had switch to the B1G network to see Michigan get beaten on the last shot of the game on a coast to coast pass after the teams were tied at 65 with 1.7 seconds on the clock. I think Aaron Rodgers through the ball and the Wildcat out jumped the Wolverine to score the winning layup as the clock expired..

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    roscoe36 likes this.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Not sure what Dre was doing stalking the guy. Looked like a clean swipe followed by some embarrassment.

He was playing hard. 10 OREBs and we outboarded them on the offensive glass 23 to 8. Shouldn't lose by over 20 when you have 15 extra possessions.

Don't know why we signed Boban if this situation didn't call for him. How do we go centerless against AD? We had a chance at this game. How many games have we won with small ball this year?

Some dud performances by stanley, Pope, and RJ.

del, Susie914, LA Dre and 1 other person like this.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You say that like it is a bad thing.

Today, I think this board would be split 50/50 on trading Dre for Boogie straight up.

LA Dre likes this.
  5. roscoe36

6. roscoe36

Frigid foul shooting – and everywhere else – dooms Pistons at New Orleans

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He needs to go glass on the FTs, just like pop a shot.

roscoe36 likes this.
  8. LA Dre

I agree....but then he would get fouled every time he tried that.

Need someone like a KCP or SJ swoop in from the top of the circle a couple times a game during that second attempt. If Dre or the rest of the team aren't going to be aggressive in hustling after Dre's misses, then of course the other teams will continue to intentionally foul him knowing that that they automatically get the ball back.

roscoe36 likes this.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Tas meant that Dre should bank his FT shots.

roscoe36 likes this.
  10. roscoe36

I don't care what he has to do. Just make some goddamn FTs. I can handle missing 5 in a row, but not shooting consistently under 50% year after year after year.

del likes this.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pels bigs are good. Baynsey looked like the slow prey on a nature show getting gored by a pack of cheetahs going against them after Drummond got canned.

It's hard to believe N.O. is one of the worst squads in the L. Their play by play guy said they should be in the East.

The Pistons had no chance after they lost their leader.

This is the 3rd game in a row they've fallen behind early, stayed the course and came back. Have they found a style of play as a 3 yard and a cloud of dust team.

Were the Pistons even in the 8 spot at this time last year?

Susie914 and roscoe36 like this.
  12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I suck.

roscoe36 likes this.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons were -12 with Drummond in the game and -1 with Baynes in the game.

roscoe36 and basketbills like this.
  14. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

I would want to trade straight up for Boogie IF Pistons had an extremely solid team with an identity and a cohesiveness that a volatile guy like Cousins couldn't upend. Cousins needs an organization like the spurs (I'm not saying pelicans won't work out, just not us). I think with strong veteran leadership and a serious plan on a winning team, Cousins problems would be greatly mitigated, if not eliminated. Still, i prob wouldn't mind the trade. At least Cousins can play at the end of the game.

I think the only basketball skill that 'Dre has over Boogie is rebounding.

--

The play that lead to the ejection was probably the worst of Drummond's career. Here is a recap of what happened:

-Frazier steals ball from Drummond.
    -Drummond hangs onto Frazier's wrist with both hands to prevent him from running down court.
    -Still hanging on with one hand, Drummond attempts a steal with his other hand.
    -Refs blow whistles and play stops.
    -Andre lets go for a moment then wraps his arms around Frazier's waist.
    -With play stopped for over two seconds and Dre's arms still wrapped around him from behind, Frazier uses an arm to swipe Dre's arms off his body.
    -Andre takes exception at not be allowed to hold on as long as he wants for no reason, so he pushes Frazier with an open hand to the side of the head.

If the roles were reversed I would be screaming for an ejection. So, I think Andre got what he deserved. This is with consideration to the the current rules. I only mention that because, when commentating, former players and JVG think hardly anything merits an ejection or even a flagrant. That's because they go by that tough, old school ethos which we all love, but is just no longer the way things are.

Considering Andre killed the teams chances at winning over nothing, just a steal that frustrated him, that's gotta be the least wise play we has ever made.

15. roscoe36

If Dre had shoved Tim's chest, he wouldn't have been ejected.

Shoving the head put the refs in a position where they had to punish him.

C-Bill likes this.
  16. lapiston

lapiston All-Star

Just not enough production from the guard positions to win consistently in this league. Too many sub 20 point quarters offensively to overcome on a nightly basis. 86 points yesterday. Can't expect to hold the other team to 84 to get a win.

Management will have to shake it up over the summer. Not going to be easy to find the solution. Otherwise, the Pistons seem stuck...

del and roscoe36 like this.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

+/- says one thing and the players say something else.

Pistons vs. Pelicans - Game Recap - March 1, 2017 - ESPN

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    roscoe36 likes this.
  18. roscoe36

And yet, anyone with eyes to see noticed that Ajinca was owning Dre on both ends. Big men who can shoot are Dre's kryptonite.

Ajinca is massive and long. He even blocked Dre at least once, maybe 3x.

Dre didn't get into it with Frazier because things were going well for him.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Reggie, KCP, and Stanely were 7-34 from the floor- .206 shooting.

We attempted 103 shots and 17 free throws.
    NOP attempted 78 shots and 23 free throws.

So, we had 25 more shot attempts than them and lost by 23 points. We dominated on the boards (23 to 8 on OREBs) and dominated on the turnover front (7 to 14) to create 22 extra possessions. That matches our 25 extra shot attempts less our 3 fewer trips to the FT line.

If we would have made every single free throw attempt, we still would have lost by 9. How bad is it when only 1 player on our entire team besides Dre makes a free throw? Tobias was the only player with 2 makes on 5 attempts.

roscoe36 and The Panda like this.
  20. LA Dre

Oh, Ok, but I still like my idea....we got to be aggressive out there...who knows ...KCP or Stanley gets fouled going for that clang....and we still may get a point or two out of it..

roscoe36 likes this.